Cammalu is Stranded in Mt Vernon!

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tx2sturgis

Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think she has help on the way but if anyone is within a few miles, go take her something to calm her nerves!

Her starting battery on the coach is dead.

She has Good Sam on the way but its gonna be awhile.

Apparently on her coach there is no way to flip a switch and charge the chassis battery from the genset or bridge the batteries.

Her leg is not working well enough to walk anywhere to get some help, so she made some phone calls and hopefully someone will be there shortly....

So lets not panic...at least, not yet..

:cool:

Crap!!!!! I'm fine!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's my fault. The running lights have to be on for the backup camera to work. I stopped before dark and didn't turn them off. Dead battery this morning and little jumpstart thingy at home on my dresser.

Stupid broke leg still healing.

Good Sam's will be here shortly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Doesn't qualify as an adventure, then.  Just a mild inconvenience. :cool:

Now, if only you had to shoot a pock of circling wolves . . .

Virginia,Washington or Illnois? May be others I don't know about.

It's a secret.

Shes mad at me for posting this....but I thought she might want to have a backup plan..since its a Sunday and the Good Sam rescue team is hours away...

All the interior coach systems are working.

No jumper cables, no interconnect switch, no separate battery charger, no jumper pack.

The starting battery is just dead.

This would be a problem in a remote area....but she is in a populated area so help is on the way.

Optimistic Paranoid said:
Doesn't qualify as an adventure, then.  Just a mild inconvenience. :cool:

Now, if only you had to shoot a pock of circling wolves . . .

I guess I left totally unprepared. For wolves also. Not even packing [emoji849]. I suppose I could mess up worse somehow.

Hey, I have a generator and AC and am lounging on a sofa... [emoji3]

C

If you had hollered this morning, I could have come and just hung out with you for a while... you're not that far away... but no... you didn't call me... :)

She's in Illinois, btw.

Did you ask a nice trucker to help? They really are great guys... and don't they have a shop there? What kind of truck stop did I send you to?

Drove right through there yesterday, crap, we could've had lunch or something!

didnt gotsmart show you how to remove a house battery and use it as your starter battery? or remove your starter battery and charge it via solar?

On some of the motorcycle forums, we publish a list of those who would be willing to help travelers in their home area.

Now I know that many or most here are not in one location all year long, but some of us can and would be able to help travelers to one degree or another.

On the mc forums, we usually have 2 or 3 categories of help being offered, such as:

[A] Can put someone up for a night or two during repairs.

Can help with towing, recovery, or small roadside repairs.

[C] Can offer a well equipped shop to do extensive repairs.

A member might list themselves as:

Indianapolis: John Smith A&B  111-111-1111

Los Angeles: Joe Public B,&C 222-222-2222 ext 5

Miami: Don Jones A, 333-333-3333 weekends only

That sort of thing.

It's usually listed by state and city, or general area, like South Texas, or Western Wyoming as an example.

Anyway, I'm sure its been discussed and tossed out, but just thought I'd see if anyone is interested in making a list of people who might be able to help fellow rubber tramps.

Gary68 said:
didnt gotsmart show you how to remove a house battery and use it as your starter battery? or remove your starter battery and charge it via solar?

Apparently her house batteries are buried under a plywood base under the bed. And she might not have the proper tools and physical ability to do this.

I think the Good Sam guys will get her going. Hopefully, anyway.

Cammalu, you can just consider this a Valuable Learning Experience, and you are probably irritated enough that YOU WILL NEVER DO THIS AGAIN!

Unfortunately, if you're like me, you will think up some OTHER dumb thing to do, at a most inconvenient time. (I won't even get into that time in the lonely wilds of Wyoming, with the sun setting...)

Cammalu said:
I guess I left totally unprepared. For wolves also. Not even packing
I think you deserve another stinking badge... :D

Kudos for not breaking out the Kahlua and cream while waiting.  :D

tx2sturgis said:
I think she has help on the way but if anyone is within a few miles, go take her something to calm her nerves!

Her starting battery on the coach is dead.

She has Good Sam on the way but its gonna be awhile.

Apparently on her coach there is no way to flip a switch and charge the chassis battery from the genset or bridge the batteries.

Her leg is not working well enough to walk anywhere to get some help, so she made some phone calls and hopefully someone will be there shortly....

So lets not panic...at least, not yet..

:cool:

That post is almost enough to earn a stinkin badge.   :rolleyes: