Cammalu is Stranded in Mt Vernon!

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good to know. I was planning on getting their roadside assistance plan the end of the month. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

XFILE36 said:
I never got a badge, but maybe at the RTR? 

This comes to mind [emoji38]

df8b66ef106dac1a48125d5acbe52c1e.jpg

LOL!  Fun times ahead!  How's your leg doing today?  Got any plans? :cool:
I'm ordering stuff from Amazon and wondered if anyone can recommend good LONG jumper cables.  They have different Ah's, and I haven't a clue why I need to know about amp hours for jumper cables.  I just want some that Cammalu should have too.  I also want a good/cheap jump starter battery.  Any recommendations?  Trying to stay at low budget for now. P.S. you should make your pic as your Forum pic, meaning the kiss my butt photo.

I've been lazying and rolling around in the bed so far. I need to call physical therapy and get my butt in there. I don't even know how many appointments more to go until I complete this series.

I can't remember what I paid for my little battery charger thing but it wouldn't have been much. I think I got it at one of those Christmas promotion things.

Cammalu said:
I've been lazying and rolling around in the bed so far.  I need to call physical therapy and get my butt in there. I don't even know how many appointments more to go until I complete this series.  

I can't remember what I paid for my little battery charger thing but it wouldn't have been much. I think I got it at one of those Christmas promotion things.

Oh the fun of PT...hope they don't have you doing anything painful there. 

What kind of Christmas promo - where?  I am ordering right now on Amazon.  I don't have ANYTHING so I'm getting the basics today.  Dual fuel/burner stove, chocks (someone told me I needed them, but I  haven't a clue yet what to do with them yet, lol), LUCI LIGHT, butaine, luci candle, BAFFIN BASE CAMP SLIPPERS, scratch that they're out of Mediums, jumper cables and battery starter.  OK I won't hi-jack this thread any more...I just need someone to educate me on the long jumper cables and jump start battery.  I think they have some with air hose for your tires which I need.  Have a good therapy session. :heart:

I don't know why you would really need chocks in a van? Someone else help!

If you have one of those battery starters I don't know why you'd need jumper cables also. I think I'm going to have my little starter with me.

What are the Baffin slippers? I know what the Luci light is - those are cool. Hi jack away at the thread. I sure don't care.

I got a reprieve on the therapy. They are all out to lunch. [emoji3]

Cammalu said:
I don't know why you would really need chocks in a van?  Someone else help!

If you have one of those battery starters I don't know why you'd need jumper cables also.  I think I'm going to have my little starter with me.

What are the Baffin slippers?  I know what the Luci light is - those are cool.   Hi jack away at the thread. I sure don't care.

I got a reprieve on the therapy. They are all out to lunch.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B002C75I74/ref=twister_B00BEECJZA  these are the slippers Bob wears and recommends.  I get cold feet a lot.  Chocks, I don't need no stinking chocks?  lol  Good point on the jump battery and cables.

Man, this is all completely off-topic, I KNOW Miss Cammalu is STILL stuck in Mt Vernon...

Lets get back on topic ladies....

:p :D :angel:

tx2sturgis said:
Man, this is all completely off-topic, I KNOW Miss Cammalu is STILL stuck in Mt Vernon...

Lets get back on topic ladies....

:p :D :angel:

You nut! I'm home! I just got a call and was asked if I was ok! Trouble maker!

Glad your home safe, it was an experience. You learned from it, and when I am stateside and you need help with wolves (as they say in Russia) you know a guy! Speaking of Wolves and Russia. Tonight I have been invited to a night ride and fireworks show put on by the Russian Motorcycle club The Night Wolves. They asked if I'd be a representative for Canada, said they had a flag and after some discussion said I could ride "Bi^@%" behind a female enthusiast. Just not comfortable cuddling big leather clad men. Not that there is anything wrong with that, I am Canadian blue eyes or brown eyes as far as I care, but just personal comfort levels. Will try to get a picture or two.
View attachment 14640

Scott I'm so jealous of your trip. Well, the freezing cold might not be so fun but the rest sounds like a blast.

Did some research...Always good for situational awareness. What could go wrong...? At least I see he likes Kadyrov so I should be ok as Kadyrov follows me on twitter...I am not sure how much I will want to have the camera up documenting events...Another Russian saying "A man who sees half as much lives twice as long!"
As has been widely said "Fear is a waste of imagination." Purification of motives and luck will follow.

Funny, they don't look much different than our bikers here. Perhaps a bit cleaner though. At least he smiles [emoji3]

Scott, I was out on the Ural today.

We get what is called UDF, which is Ural Delay Factor. This really happens, not BS. People have no idea what it is, they think its an old german army bike...or they have no clue.

So they stop us, ask questions. Causing a delay in our progress at gas stations, restaurants, even traffic lights. NOTHING gets more attention, not even a Lambo or Corvette.

When I tell them its Russian, I usually also tell them its a gift from Putin...that gets some fun reactions!

If they don't appreciate the humor, and make some dumb negative remark, I tell them to pull out that smartphone in their pocket and name the country of origin...yeah....COMMUNIST CHINA.

That usually shuts them up!

:cool:

Going back to the OP's situation and Xfiles questions, look at the electrical subforum and search for "jump starter" or Jumper pack" and read those threads. Also, on Amazon you can look at the small lithium ion appx brick sized (but much lighter) units that will boost our weak car/van battery as well as recharge your personal electronics.

I won't go into much more here for fear of this off-topic thread being closed, just do a search on those terms.

I do have one of those brick units. It was at home on my dresser..... grrrr

Glad you're home and safe. Glad you got out of PT too! lol PT is no fun. I've only had to use it once. Blah.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Smarty pants TX.. who brings up a thread from 1,000 years ago? How the hell did u ever find it anyway?

Yeah, we are broke down in Junction City, KS. Blew a plug, got towed and are at a shop. They will get us going this morning for a million bucks probably.

Next stop Colorado Springs to visit with a sis for a day then down to Albuquerque to stay a day with my nephew. From there we head west for YARC Camp at La Posa South.

Somehow, but I don’t know how, I want to squeeze in a couple days at WRTR. I’d like to help in Ehrenberg also since I know the ATV towing the trailer could be a big help. I want to go over to the rtr early and see if I can help too. It seems all this will be impossible so my brain is overloaded and I don’t know how to manage. I need to get a P.O. Box and reregister the ATV.

Tx, are you at YARC Camp?

Latest posts