Blown off, and stewing

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
first off,you need better weed,keeps my beast subdued for the most part

sounds like there are maybes so dont get pissed,when you see them explain how excited you were and had a place for them to stay and you guys blew me off and then if they dont seem to care bust out the f.u.'s

the grass is always greener,i sure wish a good part of my family would never call me again but they just keep calling

I don't know you at all other than the well thought out and thorough guides you give about electrical systems and such. Just judging from the obvious (at least to me ) time and effort you put into your answers, I figure you to be a 'Standup guy'

I do understand where you are coming from, but my story I won't repeat. But I am done with the people involved.

Thanks for you efforts HERE and while I can't speak for everyone I know they are appreciated.

Thanks all, Sorry about the PM rejection Queen. I've been on that end of the stick after typing something thoughtful and been like WTF!! Not at the recipient, but at ther forum software, that I was not notified before typing, that that member had PM's turned off.

I've turned PM'S back on, but will redirect 12v electrical questions back to the electrical subforum and chime in on page 2, if they go that far.

This one cousin is the only one whose company I ever even partially enjoyed, so a lack of response to offers of aid or assistance, is a bit infuriating, I've got some other cousin$, all within 3 hours of driving distance and I will not expend any effort regarding them whatsoever, and that feeling, I am sure, is mutual.

If there was a response, a lot of my free time would likely be consumed at this moment and have me in a physical location I'd rather not be, spending money I'd rather not spend, and possibly worrying about thieves eyeballing my domecile. But I was willing to redo all these things, as I had already done them last week without issue.
So in one way I am relieved to not be standing shoulder to shoulder in a crowd wondering if tweaking low life thieves were looking for their next fix near my van, or having to deal with parking or traffic.

Popeye, I so 'Ain't right' that I feared my presence in that thread would make you merely partially 'ain't right' types question the meaning of 'Ain't right' ;)
and as i said, I like to be considerate.

Too bad that being considerate is generally regarded at a sign of weakness in this day and age of 'Me me me. ' Or perhaps I've just been in Southern California for too long.

Hey , show up anytime !
You don't even need to issue a warning .
(I've kind of been waiting for you to join.)

My family ignored my existence since I was 14 so what did I do ?
Moved on without them!!!Much happier too.

Sternwake wrote "[font=Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]Too bad that being considerate is generally regarded at a sign of weakness in this day and age of 'Me me me. ' Or perhaps I've just been in Southern California for too long."[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]b8f741438352b858de355d50fa0c1100.jpg[/font]

Attachments

• b8f741438352b858de355d50fa0c1100.jpg
    b8f741438352b858de355d50fa0c1100.jpg
    86.5 KB
I managed to get a response after texting that I was bummed at the lack of one..... Oh well.... and wished them well for the rest of their trip.

They got a lot going on with closer family and other obligations, and are also surf bums at heart too.

I justvhad a good surf myself in the warm super clear blue Pacific.
Salt water therapy.
Never discount its restorative capabilities

When showering off in beach lot, I got an awesome smile from a very beautiful woman.

Made my day.

RobndaHood said:
I don't know you at all other than the well thought out and thorough guides you give about electrical systems and such. Just judging from the obvious (at least to me ) time and effort you put into your answers, I figure you to be a 'Standup guy'

Thanks for you efforts HERE and while I can't speak for everyone I know they are appreciated.

:D WHAT HE SAID  :D

JEWELLANN & Q

SternWake said:
Popeye, I so 'Ain't right' that I feared my presence in that thread would make you merely partially 'ain't right' types  question the meaning of 'Ain't right' ;)
and as i said, I like to be considerate.

Too bad that being considerate is generally regarded at a sign of weakness in this day and age of 'Me me me. ' Or perhaps I've just been in Southern California for too long.

SternWake;  By the simple fact that you understand those YUUUGE electrical posts you write, and it takes the rest of us multiple readings to understand that we are only dealing with TWO WIRES! :idea:  You are awarded this Stinkin Badge.  Stop on by please, and give us pikers a lesson.   :-/

Attachments

• BadgePH082StinkinBadge.jpg
    BadgePH082StinkinBadge.jpg
    48.8 KB
Do they even ACCEPT texts? I don't. IMO, texting is the biggest waste of time ever invented. If anyone wants to contact me, call or e-mail.

Texting is not going anywhere. My older friends who refuse to text complain about being left out of gatherings, and are rather tortourus to speak with on the phone. Takes 10 minutes to relate what could be related in a 5 word text in 15 seconds.

Talk a bout a waste of time.

Now a long conversation by text is a waste of time, much easier to call.

My father's hearing is so bad it is much easier to communicate by text or e mail rather than repeating myself over and over and still not being understood

The elder cousin has been keeping me informed, Might go up and see my Aunt tonight for a family gathering. Her health is failing, part of the reason of the lack of response previous and why my offer of the guest suite here was not taken up on.

This thread can close as far as I am concerned. Thanks for all the helpful responses.

Thanks, StermWake -- if you have hard-of-hearing family members (which, for me, is most of my family) then texting is a Godsend for sharing quick bits of information. The telephone is torture for many of us, yet we can now have the info we need at hand. And we have a lot of "oldsters" in our circle who use the text-to-speech function to text - brilliant!

Status
Not open for further replies.