Taking a break from posting

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Syfyinsanebabies

Reaction score
I've only been a member for about a week maybe 9 days. And from one of my posts response, I feel like I need to step back. Apparently introducing myself and sharing my life and my current situation is upsetting to some people . This in my opinion it's not a fact. Just what I'm gathering in vibes from the responses.. I feel like I'm rubbing people the wrong way by sharing certain aspects of what I'm going through. I apologize for that. Not my intention. So I'm going to take a break from posting. Just felt it needed to be said though I'm not sure it matters as im new and not well known... I wish everyone happy trails happy travels an journeys happy memories and to continue being blessed, uplifted, whatever that translates to for you.🙏🏾🙏🏾

I've only been a member for about a week maybe 9 days. And from one of my posts response, I feel like I need to step back. Apparently introducing myself and sharing my life and my current situation is upsetting to some people . This in my opinion it's not a fact. Just what I'm gathering in vibes from the responses.. I feel like I'm rubbing people the wrong way by sharing certain aspects of what I'm going through. I apologize for that. Not my intention. So I'm going to take a break from posting. Just felt it needed to be said though I'm not sure it matters as im new and not well known... I wish everyone happy trails happy travels an journeys happy memories and to continue being blessed, uplifted, whatever that translates to for you.🙏🏾🙏🏾
You aren't upsetting anyone AFAIK. People, myself included, are explaining that it is not feasible to live in a Pod with your kids. Doesn't mean anyone is upset.

We want to help.

You aren't upsetting anyone AFAIK. People, myself included, are explaining that it is not feasible to live in a Pod with your kids. Doesn't mean anyone is upset.

We want to help.
Well once again I've misinterpreted and I apologize. Just seem like some ppl were upset by my words and situation solution. I appreciate yall. Truly. The advice help and support. I only have me and 4 fam who care but cant help. so it's nice to have others who care.

You didn’t upset me in the least. I think everyone here just has compassion for you. I chat with the gals giving you links and such and know how much they very much care for people in general. No one is chatting behind your back about your situation either. When you read stories of situations gone bad over time people tend to warn about stuff to help. Some of us have lived making similar choices. So you really did come to a good place. Maybe you could go to the women’s only forum if having some guys see this if it makes you more comfortable. Believe you me, my heart breaks that this is your best option going into winter… we just want you all to wake up safe every morning. I believe you were getting some very good advice from the ones sharing links. People really care… if anything we wish we weren’t so far where we can’t help. It’s what many of us do out west. We don’t have a lot of resources money wise, but we can usually help set up stuff, build stuff, people can sew stuff… etc. we are not that far removed from what your going through…
So I’m sorry if I sounded upset… my post was hoping you’d check out the advice given… not cause I was upset. But these people really care and want to protect you from anything that could happen. So I’m sorry if I rubbed you wrong somehow.

You didn’t upset me in the least. I think everyone here just has compassion for you. I chat with the gals giving you links and such and know how much they very much care for people in general. No one is chatting behind your back about your situation either. When you read stories of situations gone bad over time people tend to warn about stuff to help. Some of us have lived making similar choices. So you really did come to a good place. Maybe you could go to the women’s only forum if having some guys see this if it makes you more comfortable. Believe you me, my heart breaks that this is your best option going into winter… we just want you all to wake up safe every morning. I believe you were getting some very good advice from the ones sharing links. People really care… if anything we wish we weren’t so far where we can’t help. It’s what many of us do out west. We don’t have a lot of resources money wise, but we can usually help set up stuff, build stuff, people can sew stuff… etc. we are not that far removed from what your going through…
So I’m sorry if I sounded upset… my post was hoping you’d check out the advice given… not cause I was upset. But these people really care and want to protect you from anything that could happen. So I’m sorry if I rubbed you wrong somehow.
I truly wish van life was booming over here and people like you guys lived on this side of the world or well this side of the country because it would be a Saving Grace to us really

I don’t think anyone is upset, but you are going to get here a variety of candid responses from people you have never met.

Many of us are naturally plain-spoken, which I think is a plus, but that comes across differently to individuals reading.
I may have misinterpreted some people but one in particular I'm pretty sure I upset. And that is okay I didn't intend to. I'm used to blunt speaking people I live with one and he will tell you plain as day how he feels your feelings don't matter and he will walk away like all is well.
It took a long time for me to build up my sensitivity or rather build up my strength so I'm not so sensitive to that kind of blunt spoken Frank personality. But I do appreciate you sll. really all the advice and help and I really wish I could get across just how unhelpful where I live in md is. All the resources given, most I've tried and it's just really messed up... I've called fir help to most programs firbhousing and shelter and transition housing thst i did or thought i qualified for, & was told if you're "able/normal", you get little to no help than if you're recovering from anything around here.
. Even being disabled I can't get help as it hasn't been declared yet and I'm still considered able tho I'm legally blind...and even disabled folks don't get much help around here unless they're recovering from something etc...it's just sad

What you are not telling people in this thread is that in another thread you stated that your being "legally blind" is a situation that is correctable by surgery. Also as a low income person you qualify for Medicare and that surgery, the exams and new glasses after the surgery are all fully covered.

Tough love talk here, just get going and get that eye surgery you need done because the only person who can arrange to get it to happen is you.

Just some corrections/updates on Medicare and Soc Sec.

There are other conditions where you can get SS right away but she mentioned the "big 2". As far as the immediate SS for being blind, your vision must be 20/200 AFTER correction. You do not have to have total vision loss.

You still have to fulfill the minimum 24 month period of having SS before getting Medicare.

There is a deductible and Medicare is a 20/80% proposition after that on most things.

Where you get everything covered is if your income is low enough to qualify for both Medicare AND Medicaid. Or you buy some type of Medicare from a vendor.

What you are not telling people in this thread is that in another thread you stated that your being "legally blind" is a situation that is correctable by surgery. Also as a low income person you qualify for Medicare and that surgery, the exams and new glasses after the surgery are all fully covered.

Tough love talk here, just get going and get that eye surgery you need done because the only person who can arrange to get it to happen is you.
I don't qualify for Medicare I'm 30 years under that age. Soooo yea. Get the facts on that plz. And no my medicaid will not cover my specialties. As I've been thru the talks with my Dr and a worker & this is what my dr zaid and what we are working on now; Finding someone who will take me at discount plus part my medicaid.as I'd have to pay out pocket for the surgery and lenses. Which I can't do or afford..

And its not correctable it is operable , thre is a difference. So if i misspoke shoot me for making a mistake during this emotional time....and my eye dr is being hopeful the cornea corrective surgery and lenses will help. It's nit a guarantee.. So please, do not begin to tell me about my situation. You are not me and are mot living it. Nor do you know the details of my and ny kids medical issues or coverage details

Thank You

Last edited:
Just some corrections/updates on Medicare and Soc Sec.

There are other conditions where you can get SS right away but she mentioned the "big 2". As far as the immediate SS for being blind, your vision must be 20/200 AFTER correction. You do not have to have total vision loss.

You still have to fulfill the minimum 24 month period of having SS before getting Medicare.

There is a deductible and Medicare is a 20/80% proposition after that on most things.

Where you get everything covered is if your income is low enough to qualify for both Medicare AND Medicaid. Or you buy some type of Medicare from a vendor.
I'm not of Medicare age lol. So none of that pertains to me. Amd my medicaid nd the paln we hsve does not cover a thing. Motr cobers my kids. So thank you for the info. Wrong age group info tho. But appreciated

If you're legally blind you get immediate social security + your kids get 50% of your amt per child.

We shall see mybapp is in the system and my Dr has to send in records my next visit in 9 days...maybe where others live it moves faster but not here... here I get my answer between Dec and April next year. So my papers say.... until then the struggles commence unfortunately

But thank you fir this information will pass on to my eyesdr

Just cslmed. Wasn't trying to be rude but I hate when ppl seem to assume to know Mt situation or circumstances. And if I was misinterpreted, or i misspeak, I prefer to clarify.

I'm not of Medicare age lol. So none of that pertains to me. Amd my medicaid nd the paln we hsve does not cover a thing. Motr cobers my kids. So thank you for the info. Wrong age group info tho. But appreciated

I'm on SSDI, the disability portion of it. The minimum age limit for it is 18 so yes do meet the age requirement the question is meeting the work portion. I can't figure out the rest with that spelling, sorry.

I'm on SSDI, the disability portion of it. The minimum age limit for it is 18 so yes do meet the age requirement the question is meeting the work portion. I can't figure out the rest with that spelling, sorry.
Ssdi/ ssi an medicare and medicaid are sll diff things here. They were talking about Medicare covering me I'm not that old lol. Thise 4 things are all handed by diff ppl. My medicaid really only benefits my 2 kiddos. That was the point in my getting it. It's a fam plan. That's the basics of what I said lol. 😊 my eyes are bad so laden typos and talk text usually piy what they want lol