24/7 Chat About Anything

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
nature lover said:
If you want to know who loves you more your dog or your spouse, simply lock them both in the trunk of your car and drive for 20 miles on a bumpy rocky road. Then open the trunk and see who greets you with a kiss.

I tied that once the wife threatened me with my life if I went through with it.

I guess I could start hunting for a husband with a nice dog and a vehicle with a trunk. But he is the one who has to go into the trunk for the test.

Nah, I could never treat a dog that badly. Plus I would never buy a car with a trunk, too useless of a vehicle type.

abnorm said:
^ Nice Photo
Thanks, from around 12 years ago. I need to get dolled up one of these days and get a new photo taken for use on avatars.

Let’s see... judging from the picture... and adding twelve years... (those dots are my old fashioned adding machine, haha). I’d say your pushing 29 there Maki2. Only 100 yrs younger then I feel this morning.
One more full day here. The demands on me are adding up. Ben I need you to do this... I need you to do that... anymore and I’ll have to say NO! Meanwhile I’m seeing my departure date is perfect. Starting with rain tomorrow, turning to snow Thursday here. And I’m feeling the weather coming in my bones! I better take advantage of the sun with my suitcase solar panels today! Then Arizona, here I come!

maki2 said:
I guess I could start hunting for a husband with a nice dog and a vehicle with a trunk. But he is the one who has to go into the trunk for the test. 

Nah, I could never treat a dog that badly. Plus I would never buy a car with a trunk, too useless of a vehicle type.

I'm available and I have a dog, but you're not putting ME in the trunk!!!    LOLOLOLOL

Nctryben, I have heard that regularly rolling in bull dung does age a man by at least a 100 extra years and unfortunately the damage is not treatable. So you might as well keep right on rolling in it. Laughter is the only medication that relieves the pain of being a BSer.

Freelander there is no point to forcing a man to do anything. But of course that is rarely needed as they like to prove they can do all kinds of stuff so you just have to lead them a bit in that direction. Yes it is called manipulation, it is sometimes also called leadership skills.

Hello everyone, I hope everyone is well!

I finalized the last of my Medicare decisions today. glad that's over with. And woke up to snow on the tops of the
hills all around town (Wenatchee area) this morning. We've had a beautiful fall and had some rain lately too
which is nice and still needed. Someone (most likely) flipped a cigarette out their car window about a week and a half ago
on the highway below me and we had a little brush fire not too far down the road. This late in the year!

My landlord's house is just to the west of my place and the wind tends to blow from that direction. Nothing gets
my heart rate going like looking out the window and seeing clouds of smoke rushing past the front
of my porch, this has happened three times now since I've lived here. It's always been brushfires from the
brush along the highway and they always get it out pretty fast. But every time it happens I burst out my front door and
run up the side stairs to road level to make sure my landlord's house isn't going up in flames.

I so wish I could come down to Quartzsite and hang out for a couple weeks but it won't be this year. Oh yeah, got a
Moderna booster Friday (on top of two Pfizers earlier), no side effects beyond a sore arm. Son got one too and
he was laid up in bed for one day not feeling well but was fine the next day. I think he just wanted to lay in bed
with his laptop playing games and have me make soup for him. lol

maki2 said:
Freelander there is no point to forcing a man to do anything. But of course that is rarely needed as they like to prove they can do all kinds of stuff so you just have to lead them a bit in that direction. Yes it is called manipulation, it is sometimes also called leadership skills.

Yea most guys do enough stupid things without needing any encouragement.

OK but you better hold my sign!!!!  HAHAHAHAHA

Freelander, never trust any signs you see in the Quartzsite YARC camp to lead you in a direction you want to go. It is immediately adjacent to the magic circle. Although Wonderhussy did film herself for her youtube channel taking a stroll there while bare butt nekkid last winter. I dont think anyone in the magic circle was going to report her for trespassing without paying the day use fee at the LTVA.

Time for me to go to town on errands. Windy day in the valley but I have places to go and people to see.

maki2 said:
Nctryben, I have heard that regularly rolling in bull dung does age a man by at least a 100 extra years and unfortunately the damage is not treatable. So you might as well keep right on rolling in  it.  Laughter is the only  medication that relieves the pain of being a BSer.
Hahaha, that’s where all that Eldorado poo poo came from!

I just saw that there are tornado warnings for the Western half of Bainbridge Island and the area west of there. Wow.

Very unusual to get tornado warbnings in Puget Sound. Baninbridge Isands is the place I go that when I get there it feels like "home". I owned a house along the east side of the island towards the nort end. A very tall shingled house. A previous owner put a widow's walk up on the roof that looked out over Puget Sound. We restored the railing around the platform and put it back in use.. The large cargo ships, cruise ships and naval vessels going into Seattle and Bremerton were fun to spot. I have a photo of it that house somewhere on one of my laptops but too lazy to dig it out tonight.

There is a nuclear sunbmarine base right in that tornado warning zone just across the water passage on the west shore of Bainbridhe Island, Dive, Dive, Dive, lol.

Today I did dig out the photo of me at work at Boeing taken when I was barely past my 1st 29th birthday. I did my first van interior build a couple of years later. Been at this tool use thing a whole lot of years but working as a pro, not as a beginner. I was installing a bracket to attach hydraulic lines. At thatbtime I was working under the job title Development Ppfover Mechanic. The team was building mockups at full scale to test the fit of parts. This was one of the last years and planes the company did physical mockups before it was all done in Catia the 3D CAD program they shifted to. Catia was the first 3D CAD program I took classes in. Off hours in the evenings. Lots of great off hours classes at the company to take for very little money.
mechanic.jpg

Attachments

• mechanic.jpg
    mechanic.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 14
Can't speak for Bainbridge, but heading west today in the Columbia Gorge was very windy in spots.

I'll be on Vashon tomorrow. My sister hasn't reported anything wild though.

My BIL was a merchant seaman for many years. It's quite entertaining to ship watch with him, and I've even learned something from him. He actually recognizes many ships by name.

Hello van dwelling friends, I am sitting in the hospital with okays from both infectious disease and hospital doctor to get out and so now they’re trying to do paperwork etc. that has to be done. (In other words bureaucratic red tape or in other words horse hockey) I hope they get it done soon because I’m waiting on them so that I can arange transportation back to where I left the van. I have many friends willing to help but none that I would ask to sit around waiting all day waiting for me to call.

So I’ll be back in Bethel, Berks County shortly. I’ll probably be in their sticks and bricks as the temperature is too cold at night to be in the van without heat. Now that this leg infection is under control the plan is still to leave the day after Thanksgiving for Florida. That is if gasoline is less than six dollars a gallon I might be able to afford to get there.

And so goes another segment in the story of “the days of our van life”. ( A soap opera that I live in.)

God bless the nomads no matter where they are and keep the gas price low for us please.

Gas prices seem to be dropping a bit where I am (North Central WA) which kind of surprised me.

I have been on a cleaning binge all week. Actually, I've been kind of on a getting rid of things binge since early this
year after witnessing a horror story of an estate probate. I'd rather my kids have to deal with as little as
possible when that time comes. Just this morning I made three trips up to the community dumpster.

I think it's naptime.

And....back to the insurance broker Friday. And she thought I was done hahaha. I had decided to save
the dental insurance I got through the WA Healthplan Finder when I cancelled my medical insurance and
then today a comment on the Reddit Medicare sub caught my attention. I looked into what this person
had suggested for someone and it looks like it might be a better deal than what I'm getting now and
it's only $4 more a month. Boy, it really does pay to research.

Greetings and best wishes for safe, healthy, happy days ahead, whether parked or traveling during this transitional season!

Naturelover...great news. Hope you are in Florida very soon. The birds are lining up for their photo ops!