24/7 Chat About Anything

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A big thankyou to all those that have served this Veterans Day!

I have a 1/2 brisket to smoke this weekend. It takes up to much room in my freezer. I bought a Wynter's 45 qt freeze so I could store more food.

I need ethical advise. I've come to the place where Bob Wells, self proclaimed "Nomads," and the foundation to help people, HOWA, are proving that altruism and helping others is somewhat exemplified. That's not the sweetener and now comes the bitter pill.

I have an enemy that has returned to my life on the internet from 10 years back. I think I can take from him everything that he holds valuable and take his integrity and his credibility to attack me openly all with the same blow. All I have to do is commit economical suicide. It will help hundreds if not thousands of other people while it occurs. Jesus once said "What does it profit a man to gain the whole world and to lose his soul?" or something close to that. He also said that the LOVE of money is the root of many evils, or something close to that.

I see the efforts of people here to being people that will go out of their way to help others. So in that regard I will go ahead and help as many people here as possible while the opportunity still is there. That's unless some of you can convince me not to do it. Now most of you have no interest in what you think I will do. I know that almost all of you will consider changing your mind. This will also bring the entire world here if I do this here. That will be a level of attention that almost all of you might not want. You might like the fact that you are free and that you feel safe. What would a lot of attention do to the world of Nomads? I personally think that you are ready for such exposer. Your message of being "houseless" and not being trapped by self imposed expectations is somewhat biblical. You could easily say that you are doing God's work.

So before I pull the trigger on this I want to know how people feel or advise about it.

Don’t do it or at least get permission from the moderators.

Cammalu said:
Don’t do it or at least get permission from the moderators.

OK, that's very good advice. Because I can do this just about anywhere. I just happen to like the good people that tend to be free Nomads. They are a refreshing spice of life.

But what about you? I'm not asking you to take an active part. I'm just asking if a boat load of attention would be a problem for instance. I already know that I will persuade thousands. When many people open their eyes and can see something that has always been in front of them, like the earth not being flat, and that the revelation of that discovery being earth shattering will change everything, then I wonder if the nomads want that to be here. I'm not kidding. Why not here? Give me a good reason for instance for why not here, please.

I want one thing for the nomads, possibly being one myself soon, a full timer that is.

I want people living in vehicles to have places for them near any town or city. Yes, it might cost a little, way less than a full hookup RV park or resort. The city & state can charge their taxes. I mean, come on, that is how the system works. They can include it in their fees, like the LTVA setups. If they can get that revenue then they will be motivated. Quartzite AZ is proof of what is possible. If Nomads make enough noise then maybe we can get new zoning considerations in many places just for this purpose. That's what I want. People always say "not in my back yard."

So I can do my thing here and bring the world here or I can do it another way. And if it is here you will get all this entertainment watching the world go bat **** crazy over it.

gizmotron said:
I need ethical advise. I've come to the place where Bob Wells, self proclaimed "Nomads," and the foundation to help people, HOWA, are proving that altruism and helping others is somewhat exemplified. That's not the sweetener and now comes the bitter pill.

I have an enemy that has returned to my life on the internet from 10 years back. I think I can take from him everything that he holds valuable and take his integrity and his credibility to attack me openly all with the same blow. All I have to do is commit economical suicide. It will help hundreds if not thousands of other people while it occurs. Jesus once said "What does it profit a man to gain the whole world and to lose his soul?" or something close to that.  He also said that the LOVE of money is the root of many evils, or something close to that.

I see the efforts of people here to being people that will go out of their way to help others. So in that regard I will go ahead and help as many people here as possible while the opportunity still is there. That's unless some of you can convince me not to do it.  Now most of you have no interest in what you think I will do. I know that almost all of you will consider changing your mind. This will also bring the entire world here if I do this here. That will be a level of attention that almost all of you might not want. You might like the fact that you are free and that you feel safe. What would a lot of attention do to the world of Nomads? I personally think that you are ready for such exposer. Your message of being "houseless" and not being trapped by self imposed expectations is somewhat biblical. You could easily say that you are doing God's work.

So before I pull the trigger on this I want to know how people feel or advise about it.

Well, after reading all that, I'm still not sure what you're asking. Are you saying that your enemy is now on this forum? Or are you implying that if you take this revenge, the whole internet will implode, dragging this quiet little forum into the general disaster?

Either way, I agree with Cammie - talk to a mod first. But I have to say, I think this sounds like a personal problem and not a forum problem, so - I (think) I'm agin you doing anything about it.

(And frankly, I HIGHLY doubt that it could be anything that would cause the internet world - which is, after all, pretty darn vast - to implode.)

Gizmontron...I am not going to waste more than this few seconds of my life on addressing your internal dialog.

Quit looking at yourself in a fun house mirror that is delibertly warped. Do something other than trolling the internet and engaging in activities with truly stupid people whose goal is to relive their boredom by insulting others. Let that idiotic psuedo fire fight die without adding even a tiny bit of fuel to keep it going. That is the only intelligent response to that individual.

I remember watching a movie, and one character was trying to collect a $20 debt from someone else. The debtor
kept running away to avoid the main character. The main character was getting advice from someone, and he was
asked if losing the $20 would hurt him in any way. When the main character said that it wouldn't the person offering
advice told him that "You got off cheap getting this bum out of your life for only $20."

I think it was from A Bronx Tale... Not sure, but the source doesn't change the validity of the advice.

jacqueg said:
1.) Well, after reading all that, I'm still not sure what you're asking. Are you saying that your enemy is now on this forum? Or are you implying that if you take this revenge, the whole internet will implode, dragging this quiet little forum into the general disaster?

2.) Either way, I agree with Cammie - talk to a mod first. But I have to say, I think this sounds like a personal problem and not a forum problem, so - I (think) I'm agin you doing anything about it.

3.) (And frankly, I HIGHLY doubt that it could be anything that would cause the internet world - which is, after all, pretty darn vast - to implode.)

1.) He is not on this forum and will likely never know what goes on here. And his typical method of wrecking discussion forums would never be tolerated here anyway. 

2.) I want to give something to the world. Something that will change everything in another interest group in the world. It has nothing to do with bringing down the internet. It has to do with internet traffic and what a viral surge of interest in traffic would have on this group. I'm going to smack the world with something that the human nature in most people will not be able to overlook. And those that aren't interested will at least be fascinated that I chose to do it here, if allowed. But I am sure that it is important that I ask first.

3.) I fully intend to cause an earthquake in a multi billion dollar industry. But it should not effect the internet. It has further reaching implications as well.

So the question is do any of you object to outsiders coming here to read a thread posted on this forum? There should not even be a reason to post comments. I just want it to have come from here.

maki2 said:
Gizmontron...I am not going to waste more than this few seconds of my life on addressing your internal dialog.

Quit looking at yourself in a fun house mirror that is delibertly warped. Do something other than trolling the internet and engaging in activities with truly stupid people whose goal is to relive their boredom by insulting others. Let that idiotic psuedo fire fight die without adding even a tiny bit of fuel to keep it going. That is the only intelligent response to that individual.

I quoted the whole thing because it was pretty good.

I can tell the difference between a Secret Life of Walter Mittie and the theft of my intellectual property. The way it works in the real world is that if you copyright something you must also protect it every time it's violated or you lose the right to protect it at all. This is just me jumping all the way to the end result and winning the war. The poor pathetic slob that is bothering me is fast losing credibility and is regarded in many forums as an arrogant self serving pest. A pest that has come forward and claimed 20 years of my work. He fears one thing. He claims to have a secret that he makes a living from and won't share it as he roams the internet teasing everyone how smart he is and that he will never tell his secret. And now He claims I stole it from him. But he also says that he never shared it with me. Go figure.

Nobody hardly believes that. But he still is claiming it. And he's gaslighting me in public. I know the one thing that will make him sick and he has nothing to be able to stop me. And I think it's time anyway. It will do the entire world something good.  I'm only asking for making the announcement and explanation here. He won't even know what I'm doing.  I promised one day that I would do this. That day is about to happen.

Got my marching orders from a customer today. Time to cut snowflakes. No problem, lots of solar today which is ironic considering what the customers are thinking about.

Having a minor heat wave this week so I am not heading further south into Arizona for a while longer. Glad I had not yet packed away my cutting machine as I need it today. I did take down my screen room yesterday just before it got dark. I was preparing to move about a mile away to camp with friends I met in the caravan groups. But it is not urgent, I will see them at the LTVA in Quartzsite later in November.

Very much in a mañana mood this week, would rather sit in the shade in my zero gravity chair reading a book along with a cold beverage at hand. Maybe a ham and cheese sandwich and fruit for a meal. Endless lazy summer vacation mode. But muscles need to work to keep them moving without pain so I can't do that kind of endless lazy bones stuff. I purchased an adustable strength hand exerciser. I was loosing my grip on reality. My realiIty life needed more strength in my hands for my nomadic life activities such as finishing my build. I could no longer pull rivets and I want to add a couple more aluminim framed cabinets. I found out it is good to use those hand grip exercisers when you have arthritis issues in your hands. Mine is minor wear and tear stuff, not the auto immune type. Lots of years of working with tools making things. I like being strong, do not want to lose that with age. Maybe I will work more on fittness strength this winter and check out the exercise equipment at the Quartzsite community center. It only cost $1.00 per visit.

Frood said:
..."You got off cheap getting this bum out of your life for only $20."

I can appreciate the advice regarding revenge. This is more about it being excellent timing. I started this 3.5 years ago, telling what I intended eventually to spread everywhere. That is history. This pest had no idea what I already did. This pest is irrelevant. I have always told myself I would do this. I just see this as the best time to make everything completely clear, so that a 1st grader could understand it.

In view of the answers I've received here today and the issue of internet traffic on these servers I've decided to hold my anger and wait. This forum doesn't need any help.

Plan to smoke a 1/2 brisket in the morning, I had to replace the controller in my smoker recently.
Good thing it still had some warranty on it.

Freelander said:
Plan to smoke a 1/2 brisket in the morning, I had to replace the controller in my smoker recently.
Good thing it still had some warranty on it.

Now there is a winning topic. So assuming that you will run the smoker all day, and guessing that it might be a traeger or traeger knock-off type, what is the impact on your solar power consumption please? They make a table top version with an auto thermostat controller. I know that the heat source is pellets but there is also an igniter that is electric and some kind of clock motor for the corkscrew drive.