24/7 Chat About Anything

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ha 10 1/2 isn't big. try 14 1/2. I can't walk into any store and walk out with shoes. Highdesertranger

highdesertranger said:
Ha 10 1/2 isn't big.  try 14 1/2.  I can't walk into any store and walk out with shoes.  Highdesertranger

10-1/2/11 is big for a 5'6" lady!

I passed my feet on to my middle daughter and I will never hear the end of it.

Boutdun said:
I purchased these boots 15 years ago and have had them resoled once, IMO better than Danner.

https://www.russellmoccasin.com/
Well. All you people who don't mind spending the big bucks on exceptional footwear, and/or are impossible to fit, y'all need to know that I custom make wet felted wool slippers. Final fitting/felting happens right on the foot. I don't know how people without them survive getting out of bed.

No complaints about finding wide shoes for women in the stores unless you match my 8 EEE. Fortunately some of the Big 5 sporting Goods stores sometimes have a pair of New Balance shoes in that size for under $100.00. If I get very lucky they will be on sale.

desert_sailing said:
Anyone seen nature lover saying here lately?
Looking at his profile it shows he visited the forum yesterday. So he is still around.

Walked all over Fred Meyer, maybe 3 times, in the new boots today.  They're very comfortable!

I disguised my potty, y'all   :D 

[img=500x600]

I'm having trouble with posting a pix out of Imgur.  This is 500x400 and it looks squatty.  The first time I didn't size it at all and it was freaking HUGE.

Ok, 500x500 looks better.  After about 5 edits. Nope, 500x600 and I'm done.

Not many Bigfoot sightings in WA as my son was off his feet and out of the woods this winter. His shoe size is 14 EE. His feet are nearly twice as big as mine. The width came from me, the length from his father. They are both 6'4" brawny bigfoots.

:heart: it Wanderingsoul !!!    Looks so cozy .  What kind of vehicle is it ?   Mini Van ?    

I was trying to design how i would set up my suv yesterday....thought of taking the passenger seat out & putting my potty seat there instead....I have one of those actual chair type seats...i love it....i put it over my toilet at home because it sits up higher & is easier for me to get up from....i want to take it with me so i feel more at home ...i would have it facing the back....because i want it easily accessed at night....

7EE0A5E0-4187-4EFA-AFAB-F16BBC682ADD.jpeg

I would just sleep on the back seat so I could get up easily ...all my stuff going in the trunk area and roof storage...

Attachments

• 7EE0A5E0-4187-4EFA-AFAB-F16BBC682ADD.jpeg
    7EE0A5E0-4187-4EFA-AFAB-F16BBC682ADD.jpeg
    224 KB · Views: 11
Gypsy108 said:
:heart: it Wanderingsoul !!!    Looks so cozy .  What kind of vehicle is it ?   Mini Van ?    

Yes, minivan.  '97 Grand Caravan AWD.  I love her!

Who pays cash...? or as my old man, father, dad would say, "cash on the barrel head...!"

I stay in my state also. What made you decide to stay in your state?

Sent from my moto g stylus using Tapatalk

Another direct hit by a big dust devil on my screen room. My hand stitching, design re -engineering, improvement of adding webbing straps up the lower corners paid off. It stayed down on the ground without any damage to the fabric. It has been surving close to 30 mph winds. Far less worried about it now.

Oh the dust devils!
Just two weeks ago in the arizona desert, I was sitting outside enjoying the sun (vitamin “D”) and heard a noise over my right shoulder. It was a dust devil about 12’ in diameter and heading my way. I jumped up, opened the sliding door and got a direct hit before I could get inside, it filled my van with sand and small twigs from the adjacent mesquite tree......gezzzzzz

Oh, Oh, I have a dust devil story,

So a buddy and I were out in the Oregon outback. At the Oregon Sunstone collecting area to be exact. We were there for a few days so we had set up my tarp. If you have been to the Sunstone area you know it's in the lava fields of eastern Oregon. So when we set the tarp up there was one stake for a guy line that we couldn't drive into the lava.. No matter where I moved that stake I couldn't drive it in. So not to be denied I got out my rotor hammer drill and drilled a hole in the lava and drove my stake into the hole. Problem solved, I was so proud of myself. Ha that tarp wasn't going anywhere, It was as solid as a rock.

It was a warm afternoon and we were relaxing in the shade of my tarp after a day of collecting Sunstones. As we enjoyed our adult beverages we noticed a rather large dust devil headed our way. Well as sure as the desert is dusty that devil hit us full on. We both just sat there because what are you going to do?

Well the devil blew up my tarp up like a giant balloon threatening to send it to Idaho. And that one stake that was in the lava picked up a whole slab of lava. That slab had to be at least 5x5 feet and a foot thick. It picked that whole slab completely off the ground. I swear I saw daylight under that slab. Then just as fast as it picked it up it slammed it back down. You could feel the ground shake. My buddy and me looked at each other in amazement. Both of our eyes looked like silver dollars. We still talk about that to this day.

BTW that one stake is the only one that held all the others pulled out.

Highdesertranger

^^^ That is an excellent dust devil story.

We get small ones here (Wenatchee area) but when the weather is just right, you can see them on the edge of the Waterville plateau from town. One day they were lined up up there, I saw like 6 or 7 of them, all along the plateau and they must have been quite large.

I'm glad your screen room held up maki2!

I dId have to take down my shade cloth. I slide it into the awning rails I installed on the sides of my travel trailer. This afternoon the gust got even crazier. Still blowing pretty good but it has moderated in speed. I havve to pack the shade cloth away for travel on Monday morning, so no big deal about having to take it down.

The shade cloth helps quite a lot to moderate the temperature in my trailer. As long as I can also open my popup roof section the interior stays at ambient onthe hot days.

This evening I think I will start a new audio book and go ahead and put a lot of stuff away inside the trailer.

I was visiting with somone this afternoon who mentioned they were going to be getting rid of some plywood. I checked it out and one piece was perfect for making the bottoms of my cabinet drawers. SCORE! Saves me buying some from a lumber yard and it is much better quality than the big box stores carry plus it is not warped. Another load off my mind. Quartzsite is a true desert when it comes to finding sheet goods lumber.

^^^When you live remote you learn to recycle, many times what you build is determined by the materials on hand!

q camp.jpg
My camp site at Q today. There are friends camping over to the right side which is close to the main road into La Posa South. Now many people left here now that the winter camping season passes are no longer valid Enlarging the photo you can see the shade cloth on the two long sides of the trailer plus of course the screen room which can be entered from under one of the shade cloth areas. Covered patio with adjacent Gazebo. Lacking a swimming pool though.

Attachments

• q camp.jpg
    q camp.jpg
    368.8 KB · Views: 21