24/7 Chat About Anything

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ben, That is awful to be in that much pain all night.

When you call your doctor don’t forget to ask for a long lasting pain medication you can take while driving.

Sorry to hear you're in that much pain, Ben! You say one arm hurts - does that mean the other one didn't get operated on yet? I hope your daughter can drive with you - that's kind of her to want to help out.

Yesterday I finally got those new rear brake shoes. The mechanic is local. I still have not been out of my remote mountain town since last November. Eleven months. I haven't missed being out in civilization. Almost everything I need I can have shipped to me if I can't find it here in town.

Travelaround, good to hear that you can now drive your vehicle somewhere should you want or need to do so.

I am sure I could live happily in a small town not venturing out very often…if it had a good hardware store and a decent grocery store.

Cutting snowflakes today. Just about caught up on creating some backstock inventory. Castles will likely get cut tomorrow.

Just got an email from my son saying he has rented an apartment on the Washington coast and will likely be there for a year. I had already for a couple of years been planning to apply for a volunteer docent job that includes a camp site in the next town south of the town he is moving to. As I want to head to that area for next summer that is even further incentive to go there. Close but not too close 🙂

So tonight the local coyote pack is really trying to get my dog out into the woods. He is really trying to get me to let him. He did right after we got him, but those coyotes don't even play nice. The family of screech owls are really being noisy too and they are hanging out beside the back door. Makes for a noisy night. Oh yea and I have to get up semi early for work tomorrow. Hope they all quiet down. It has been a long couple of days.

Cutting snowflakes today. Just about caught up on creating some backstock inventory. Castles will likely get cut tomorrow.

Just got an email from my son saying he has rented an apartment on the Washington coast and will likely be there for a year. I had already for a couple of years been planning to apply for a volunteer docent job that includes a camp site in the next town south of the town he is moving to. As I want to head to that area for next summer that is even further incentive to go there. Close but not too close 🙂
Wa coast is fun.

Wa coast is nice on sunny days but some summers that is often lacking.

I was just looking at the news and where I was much of this last summer was Walnut Canyon just outside of Flagstaff. The weather data shows it to be the rainiest monsoon season on record! It surely was a wet one. I might as well have been on the Washington coast instead. They had very little rain compared to that.

Last edited:
Wa coast is nice on sunny days but some summers that is often lacking.

I was just looking at the news and where I was much of this last summer was Walnut Canyon just outside of Flagstaff. The weather data shows it to be the rainiest monsoon season on record! It surely was a wet one. I might as well have been on the Washington coast instead. They had very little rain compared to that.
Yep, we are in our 4th month of drought type weather my poor plants are thirsty...

The BYOV sure is in a mess. Their mail server program is not sending out email updates on athe situation in Pahrump to all of the volunteers. I am one of those persons. I just got a call on the phone asking if I could be there Friday for a Solar install. Turns out they are now short handed on volunteers, no surprise about that I suppose as not everyone got updates or even request to come in early. I went ahead and accepted despite the inconvenience as I have worked with the person who was assigned as lead. Unfortunately he is a person who was in direct contact with the individual who has Covid! But of course has been tested since then and will be masked. Plus we will be working out of doors on a vehicle roof.

So now it will be a fast exit from my campsite and long drive to Pahrump but I do not have to get there until noon on Friday.

I will do half the drive tonight stopping most likely at a truck stop for some sleep. Then early morning drive to Pahrump to avoid towing in the heat of mid day. That should get me there in time to find a spot for the night. But I won’t unhitch, my trailer will tag along to the BYOV build parking lot so I can have my own facilities and place to lie down on breaks.

Feeling grumpy, and need more coffee which will likely make me more irritable. I have shipping to do as well as packing, hitching and driving. But at least I do not need to worry about having inventory to fill orders while at the BYOV as I already have that work done. No need to travel to a post office while there as the BYOV event is held at a private mailbox location. Plus I was planning to leave this campsite early tomorrow so leaving this evening instead is not a big inconvenience.

See some of you in Pahrump or Quartzsite, sooner if not later.

Last edited:
Maki2, don’t worry about feeling grumpy. But I was married I would often wake up grumpy, other mornings I’d let her sleep in. I hope your time in Pahrump goes well. I still feel the emotional stI got. of not getting that new rig from them. I was just wishing too hard for that thing. I gotta get over it. Never count your chickens before they’re hatched. I’m still having physical problems, I don’t have much strength or energy. I have a hard time getting out of the van safely, and the fear of falling is real. Weather really nice here in Pennsylvania, we had temp in upper 70s yesterday, and 72 today. Forecast for high in the upper 40s this weekend. Not looking forward to that. But it’s too early or to head south and I am hoping for a great deal of health improvement before I go any distance at all.
God bless the nomads especially those working hard for each other in Pahrump. I wish I was there but even more I wish that I had ability to do something to help them.

Last edited:

Maki2, Snowflakes and castles? Are these part of a project, or something you sell? Just curious.

No time for cutting castles today! I am packing up. Sadly just discovered a deceased bluebird that must have flown into the window glass on my trailer this morning. My insulation I use on the windows on cold nights is sky blue on the side that faces out. There was a Fock of those birds taking a bird bath in the morning condensation on the roof of my trailer. As my 51 year old trailer is all fiberglass it has some shallow dished areas on the roof that accumulate moisture runoff.

Video of a assembled castle kit on a color changing LED lighted turn table

Video of the snowflake kit, they are designed for use in conjunction with an LED tea light. Customers like to use them as an optional way of displaying the buildings I sell as kits. Makes something fun for a mantel piece or dinner table setting hostess gift for friends.

Well, if it wasn’t just the wet sloppy stuff I’d go soak my arm in the snow. But I’ll pass and get my bag of ice out of the freezer.:: Seems weird you suffer two weeks and THEN you go to a pain clinic. 🤪

Seems weird you suffer two weeks and THEN you go to a pain clinic. 🤪
A million years ago I had a friend, an MD who was studying acupuncture, who referred to that as a "crisis of healing" (IOW, it gets worse before it gets better).

Not sure if that was just a goofy 1980s New Age idea or if it has stood the test of time, but it seemed to make sense.

Feel better!

I’m not cutting castles or snowflakes. But I am cutting the cheese. Some of you would say that’s too much information. But I want you to know why farts stink. It’s so that the deaf can enjoy them too. one of the bad things about being a hermit nomad. There’s no one here to share the good things of life with.🤢🤢🤢

I’m not cutting castles or snowflakes. But I am cutting the cheese. Some of you would say that’s too much information. But I want you to know why farts stink. It’s so that the deaf can enjoy them too. one of the bad things about being a hermit nomad. There’s no one here to share the good things of life with.🤢🤢🤢
ROFLMAO
Well, this is the "24/7 Chat About Anything" subtopic
This post was so out of the blue and non-sequitur that I'm
fortunate I wasn't drinking anything when I read it. I may
have started choking and coughing my drink out of my
nose...

naturelover
Would you please move to the side of the campfire where the smoke is blowing into your face?

I am taking a pass on going to Pahrump to volunteer this fall. Just not feeling comfortable with the setup and communication chains. At risk senior..,blah, blah, blah. It truly is me, not them, etc, etc. 🥱

Last edited: