24/7 Chat About Anything

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It was pretty cold last night for sure. Got up twice to make sure my pup had covers.

Went to do laundry today. Nothing like clean sheets on the bed. Now if I was only clean too

Van theft update -

Woohoo, got my van back this afternoon.

Shopping to replace various stuffs. Not sure of my exact schedule yet, given that both the holiday and the weather could be obstacular. But I should be in Q sometime between Christmas and New Year. VERY GLAD that I am well on the way to putting this nasty little episode behind me.

THANKS EVERYONE FOR YOUR SUPPORT!

@jacqueg - I'm so glad you got your van back and are on the road again.

YARC Camp people... you think it is cold there? Good thing I didn't go - I can enjoy cold weather right here in HC. Freezing temperatures. Snow and slush on the ground.

I went to do laundry today too, Cammalu, but there was so much slushy muddy mess in the road outside my trailer, I couldn't cross over to the wash house without risking my life. I decided to leave it for tomorrow... by then enough snow may melt off my van that I can use it.

Bad: More snow expected next week.

Good: My travel trailer furnace is now working again, at least half the time. Then it starts blowing cold air.

Travel Around... how ya doing with your solar? Got mine mounted yesterday. I like not having to deal with portable one.
We’re dealing with the cold and snow also. Sixty nine degrees and snow cones! Haha! Tough being here in the desert and answering calls from people that don’t realize I’m gone that would like me to plow them out. Sure! I leave and now they get the kind of snow you can make money off of...
my son came through spending a night and off to Phoenix they went to see his wife’s family.
Did I see there was kind of an earthquake near you? What next?
I’m going to gallivant a couple days...
merry Christmas everyone...

Ben, you've officially won "The Race to Solar" 2021 . . . congratulations! My friend the RVGuy told me he has my solar panels now but they are in Yreka and I'm in the forest 70 miles west of there so my van hasn't connected with the panels yet. I don't go to Yreka very often. With the rain and soon-to-be more snow I'd just as soon stay home in my little travel trailer. My big issue in life now is trying to keep this place warm........... it is raining profusely outside right now.

Yes, there was a 6.2 earthquake off the coast, and I felt it ... the trailer shook back and forth for about 20 seconds. It was about 150 miles from here.

I am looking to join up with a group for the RTR. I am hoping for group that is security conscious, and there will will be someone watching. I am a filmmaker and am hoping to do some interviews while there. I am interested in in talking to people who have chosen the nomadic lifestyle by choice.

Hello fellow nomads: I am back in the van after almost a month of hospital and staying at a friends house to recuperate. The low temp here in Pennsylvania last night was in the upper 20s, I stayed fine with blankets but getting out of bed this morning was not fun. Last year at this time I was in Florida and I want to be there now. Pennsylvania State inspection requires a sticker annually and I get mine on December 3. The plan was then to head south immediately. My health is not good but I want to do it. So on Wednesday of this week my transmission started slipping between first and second. If that’s a replacement requirement then nomad life is over for me. So I’m not real happy right now but I’m getting along as best as possible.

I hope and pray that all my nomad friends are safe and warm and healthy. God bless all the nomads everywhere.
Almost a month, what did you find out. Hope all is well. Merry Christmas

It is actually December 25 and not November. My how time flies. Happy Christmas everyone!
-crofter

I'm not seeing the latest posts on this thread. Anybody else having the same problem? Test! They showed up after I made the post! Strange.

Once I refresh the page they go away and last post seems to be maki2 #4,920

I am getting whiplash between Christmas Day and the day after Thanksgiving. Though todays posts seem to be there, just mixed in.
-crofter

Well, Merry Christmas everyone and I hope you're all warm and cozy wherever you are.

With the forum sold to who-knows-who and changes to the format, it feels like a new unknown place here.
It is uncomfortable. Bob's not my uncle anymore. HDR left early.
The posting freaks became "Well known members". It reeks of political correctness.

I think I entertained you enough. Cheers!

Latest posts