24/7 Chat About Anything

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
E26D0E27-C632-453C-9081-6CB802F393BD.jpeg

Attachments

• E26D0E27-C632-453C-9081-6CB802F393BD.jpeg
    E26D0E27-C632-453C-9081-6CB802F393BD.jpeg
    179.4 KB · Views: 11
Gypsy- Beautiful flower, where in when?

Maki - I didn’t say they were all females because I’m trying to be politically correct :). But thankfully they are mostly women, and as old as I am if she’s breathing it doesn’t matter what she looks like or what age, I’m in love. Every few hours I’m going back-and-forth in my head between I need to stop this pipe dream about living in a van and then I think there is no way in Hades I’m quitting .

6A45818C-B277-407A-877A-CAF3DCB07EDB.jpeg

Nature Lover :  I think 
from my daughters garden…
Here’s one from my front yard…my daughter gave me the peony bush about 20 years ago …… I hope you recover soon  :heart:

Attachments

• 6A45818C-B277-407A-877A-CAF3DCB07EDB.jpeg
    6A45818C-B277-407A-877A-CAF3DCB07EDB.jpeg
    533.3 KB · Views: 9
A prayer for Nature Lover. Hope you feel better soon.

Raining steadily here this week. Our forest is happy. What's left of it.

The new computer is nice. I've been setting it up today.

splizzrinkle said:
If a person stays 6 or 7 months in an LTVA, where do people usually go after that time period is up? Are they forced to move every 14 days between May and September if they stay in the general area, or do they usually just boondock or mix and match?

Short answer - anywhere that's cooler. Which is just about everywhere. You'd have to be a true desert rat to even WANT to stay around Quartzsite from May to October. (Some people are, but I think most of us aren't.) Some people do stay in Arizona all year, but they do it by changing elevation.

Most nomads don't feel that it's a hardship to be "forced" into moving. We are nomads, after all. The west is full of both BLM and USFS land, the vast majority of it open to dispersed camping - i.e., boondocking. 

Here's something that might be useful - https://www.doityourselfrv.com/year-long-road-trips/

Made it through another day. Woke up this morning and suddenly the new computer had no sound. Apparently it is common when people upgrade to Windows 11 - so I did some web research and learned how to update the audio drivers and that solved the problem.

The furnace in my trailer isn't working now, so I had to switch back to electric heat. Looks like I'll have to call for a repairman.

Cloudy and windy today, the outside edge of that storm that is bringing heavy rain into California. No rain here in Pahrump until tomorrow. My screen room is well staked down for holding up to the mid 30s gust expected tomorrow. Unfortunately there won't be a lot of solar input tomorrow : ( Poor me, I will just have to tough it out spending the day reading, watching videos and playing games.

This section of the camping area is pretty well emptied out now except for some people on the other side of the wash. I am not minding the quiet time. If I was not so lazy I could pack up and move a few miles to one of the HOWA caravans.

I did go into Pahrump late this morning to get my Covid booster shot. Another reason to just stay in place a few more days in case I get an unpleasant feeling reaction. I did not have that happen with the original 2 doses, so I am hoping for much the same with this.

Also on my trip to town I stopped at a Dollar Tree store and found some of the cutting mats I use in the process of making my cardstock village kits. I was very happy to get them as it has been a long time since I saw any of them in the store. A package of 2 is of course only $1.00. I bought all 21 packages they had. That will be enough along with the ones I got shipped from Amazon to Flagstaff last month to get me through the next 10 to 12 months before they get too worn out and warped from repeated use.

So a very productive trip to town : ) Not bad for a Sunday as it was overall essentialy a pretty lazy day.

Travel around, did you get the brunt of the rains? Looked like somewhere out there got hit hard. Been busy trying to get things done before the cold... sure would like to miss the real cold. My doctor finally got me connected with the Mayo Clinic... I’m hoping they can hook me up with the one in Phoenix. Not sure if it does the same stuff... have a feeling there is going to be a big rush of things to do to get outta here.
Maki2 sounds like from your post your going to get a little wet also... I hope it’s not to bad of storms. 30mph winds are pretty strong. Hard to tell what ol Mother Nature is going to do here across the country. Was thinking of running one of my trailers out to my daughters in Utah. But the mountains seem pretty unpredictable. And what if doctors call and want me there sooner then later. I figured it might take longer to get in.

Last night marks seven full days in the hospital. And I plan to be here for a day or two yet. I might find out better when I see the doctor today. Things are going well, the infection is definitely receding, swelling is going down. I have not seen the sky or the sun for seven days. I have not even breathed fresh air in 7 days. How can this be “healthy“? I want my Mountain! God bless the nomads, all of them.

Three other YARC camp people are here visiting. Like old times. I made them pose for pics among the Halloween decorations last night. It was worse than herding cats. I hope they all make YARC Camp this year. Anyone in the area of Kentucky come on by.
26b26ad44d0624d3639cc809e7f6fb46.jpg

bca192e5aa49675f1f44b67a07cf60e3.jpg

b57a490a9421f4a5d2fd8b7d60393316.jpg

fd803554fcb068d472664f37c9680195.jpg

8930948101d734a29ca63ed9798eef64.jpg

e6bd9185bf8d151b8365ce8ea52ceaf9.jpg

214346f91645dff12b4a5fe21d883db6.jpg

ca1eb7b7630ffaf30f42b779bd8f379d.jpg

NctryBen said:
Boy, you really aren’t right or your... I’ll stick with the not right.

Yep [emoji3][emoji3][emoji3]

Don’t like Halloween??

Nature:  Glad infection is on the run!  I have been fighting one in my hand, having been bitten by a Maine Coon.  Seven days, five clinic visits and four antibiotics later, it's getting better.  Treatment began an hour after, and I have a strong immune system, but cat bites are unique because they pierce tendon and joint sheaths, bacteria gets in, sheaths swell and close, and antibodies and antibiotics in the blood stream can't get in easily.  Punchline:  This magnificent creature is nearly 20 years old, bind, and paralyzed on one side from a series of strokes--but he's still got it in him!  Never underestimate a feline!

Cammalu:  I would swing by... but something about your place doesn't look quite right!

Cammilu...I can't hardly belive that you do not require your visitors to come dressed for trick or treating while they are on the property. What a missed opportunity.

VanFan said:
Cammalu:  I would swing by... but something about your place doesn't look quite right!

We ain’t right here for sure. Come on by anyway.

maki2 said:
Cammilu...I can't hardly belive that you do not require your visitors to come dressed for trick or treating while they are on the property. What a missed opportunity.

They all have vans and no room for Halloween costumes. BUT. I’ll ask and see if something can be done! Great idea [emoji12]

Yes, Ben, things got quite wet here but the river isn't flooding so we're okay. Right now - Sunshine!! That won't last long. More rain is expected.

Cammalu said:
They all have vans and no room for Halloween costumes. BUT. I’ll ask and see if something can be done!  Great idea [emoji12]
Poor excuse.  We all know it's a matter of priorities. :dodgy: