24/7 Chat About Anything

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gypsy saunters in with the smooth fake out. Well played!

Onions are great. I made a sammich the other day and only had white and no red onion.:(

It was ok... but using the right onion for each application is annoying but kinda essential.

I'm not going to have the ability to have 3/4 varieties in the rig.

Wonder if just buying green onions would be a good enough for most uses?

How many varieties do you carry?

I love Sweet Vidalia, especially in salads
I love Red Burmuda, for salads & Indian dishes & most everything...
I love White when I make Gyro's (along with the tomato & Tzatziki) & on Hamburgers
I love Green when i make Vietnamese Eggrolls...
I love Yellow when I make roasts & beef barley soup...

I love them all & i would use them all in just about anything.....but i do appreciate the variety  :heart:

So I rode into Winnemucca with a miner to top up my produce. I am leaving with a beautiful new pair of cowboy boots.

I'm still making peace with parting with all that moolah, but these boots are gonna be on my feet when I die (decades from now!)

How's that for off topic chat about anything? ; )

Darn! I missed all the bickering. I consider some of that quality entertainment. :) :) :)

I love onions too. A good sweet onion sandwiches is unbeatable. When I order a sub or cheesesteak at the market I order extra, extra, extra onions. That’s one of the few things my doctor says I can eat on limited amounts of. His normal rule “is if it taste good spit it out.”

May God bless all the nomads all over, everywhere.

desert_sailing said:
Onions are great. I made a sammich the other day and only had white and no red onion.:(

It was ok... but using the right onion for each application is annoying but kinda essential.

Sandwiches must have sweet or red onion, preferably a red onion that is not too sweet and not too hot.

Did you know that onions that are flatter are less hot than onions that are more rounded?  I don't know why that is but I've found it to be true.

Nearly my entire life has been spent wearing cowboy boots or hiking boots.

The only time I put on tennis shoes was PE class and those were just a stock shoe used for the moment.

As an adult my first quality sneaker was a pair of reebok.. and I was astonished at how soft they were. Not the support I was used to but those were the best "slippers" ever. I've only owned 2 pair of tennies in my adult life. They are kind of expensive for what you get..

A good pair of boots is a requirement for my lifestyle... they get spendy as well but most last for a very long time.

Boots or sandals all the day...

I think I'll saute some onions in boots tonight.

nature lover said:
I love onions too.  A good sweet onion sandwiches is unbeatable. When I order a sub or cheesesteak at the market I order extra, extra,  extra onions.  That’s one of the few things my doctor says I can eat on limited amounts of.  His normal rule “is if it taste good spit it out.” 

Me at Subway.

Employee - What would you like on your sandwich?

Me - Lettuce, green pepper, lots of onion, mayo and mustard, oil and vinegar, salt and pepper, please.

Employee - *makes sandwich

Me - Can you put on some more onion please?  A little more?  More????

Employee........

Me - Maybe just a little more.

Wanderingsoul - I also like lots of onions at Subway!

Gypsy108 has a way with words!

Nature Lover made me laugh today with "if it taste good spit it out." Thank you.

Desert Sailing - I just can't figure out why you'd want to saute onions in boots tonight, instead of sandals. Is it that cold in Idaho already?

It has been cold in the mornings here. This morning I turned on my heater. Plus we're getting smoke from fires south of here. I wonder if Cecilville burned. Or Tennant. I saw the photographs of what the Dixie Fire did to Greenville, California yesterday. Just awful. The entire downtown was incinerated, along with a lot of homes. Devastation!

Love caramelized sweet onions on burgers and other hot sandwhiches.

Onions on anything make it edible...boots, sandals, hat....

travelaround said:
Desert Sailing - I just can't figure out why you'd want to saute onions in boots tonight, instead of sandals. Is it that cold in Idaho already?
Today was upper 80s... our first non 90+ degree day in months. It was nice but felt cool.

I have a sense of a sudden winter this year and I feel like it is going to be harsh just as our summer was.

Gypsy talking about beef barley soup just reinforced my sense of an early winter.

have I become so accustomed to 100+ degrees that 85; inspires thoughts of snowmen??

Love an onion sandwich:

Day old white bread
Sliced onion, any color is good for me
salt and pepper

Now that is heaven to me....my wife says meh...go cook a real meal for us!

maki2 said:
Love caramelized sweet onions on burgers and other hot sandwhiches.

Or a patty melt on rye with swiss cheese and lots and lots of caramalized onion.

I think I know what my first post-diet meal is going to be.