24/7 Chat About Anything

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don’t like telling the folks in the west how beautiful the temperature is right here since we’ve had several thunderstorms. Suffice to say it’s gonna be a good night sleep. I’m in my favorite camp and whoever camped here last left graffiti and trash, they also pretty much destroyed the fire pit. I told the forestry office about it and I’ll see the Ranger tomorrow. God bless all the nomads especially Those enduring that heat out west.

Oh man, I just rediscovered Lehman's Hardware. We used to get their catalog years ago, like back in the 80s. I'm going to have so much fun looking through all their stuff!

https://www.lehmans.com/

We used to get another one similar but I can't remember the name of it.

Lehmans hardware is one of the best places to visit on earth. I Call it the thousand dollar store because it’s hard to get out of there without spending money if you have it. I used to take tours there when I was in the tour business. Most of our tours had to do with Amish country either in Pennsylvania or Ohio or Indiana. Being a member of the old Order river brethren I enjoyed interpreting our people to the tourists and having many of them visit with real Amish and Mennonite send brothern not to fake stuff. There’s plenty of fake out there, usually any business to put up a sign that says Amish is not Amish.

Silly person I don't need or want a badge to watch that there are no campfires started during the ban. I can handlle myself and act gracious in such situations.

nature lover said:
Lehmans hardware is one of the best places to visit on earth. I Call it the thousand dollar store because it’s hard to get out of there without spending money if you have it.

How wonderful!  I'd love to visit.

We have a hardware, well, almost everything store in town.  It's an Ace Hardware plus.  A gentleman I know calls it the wonder store.  You wonder if they have it.  They wonder where it is.  I've found some really cool things tucked away in odd places there.

^
Those are nice but only 5'-6" interior height.

I'd like one of those,too but one with a little more height.

Last year I was ready to buy this older Dodge but the guy couldn't find the title:

00909_hlTjXKGjU1_0CI0t2_1200x900 b.jpg

Attachments

• 00909_hlTjXKGjU1_0CI0t2_1200x900 b.jpg
    00909_hlTjXKGjU1_0CI0t2_1200x900 b.jpg
    352.6 KB · Views: 5
Tall enough inside for me. But I dont want anything that big.

I really enjoyed the drive over and back to Flagstaff today. My route was on hwy 180 from Valle, Az to Flagstaff. Great road in very good conition except for one short stretch. Very little traffic on it and much of the road is driving through the forested areas. I will take that route to Flagstaff from now on, it is very pleasurable compared to taking I-40 which has vastly more traffic including a lot of crazy drivers and Semi-trucks. plus going Eastbound at present abot 20 miles of backups heading east into Flagstaff from road construction activity.

One of the big 10 “thou shall not covet“ yeah I want one too but I am trying hard to be so thankful for the rig I have. It’s almost like a young man seeing women all over and wanting everyone of them. But I am going to be content with the one I have (Van not woman) God bless the nomads as they dream of a nicer rig and God bless those who can afford them. Good night again. It’s 1 AM I’m on top of my mountain it’s extremely quiet and dark probably no human being within 5 miles of me and the Whippoorwill keeps singing. What a Beautiful song and a-blessing from God.

I considered getting a bus.. but bought a van. Today I did my laundry and took a drive north of town into the fire area where I looked at a couple areas I hadn't seen since the fire. It is sad to see how much is gone and I wonder how many of those homes will ever be rebuilt. I heard a lot of people aren't going to rebuild because of the expenses involved. I guess we'll wait and see who has the fortitude to go through with the rebuilding process.

While I was upriver, driving to Yreka... I noticed the hill across the river from the Tree of Heaven Campground. It burned in a fire around 2000, or maybe a few years earlier. It now looks green and pretty again compared to how it looked back then - just a hillside covered with dead trees. I hope that twenty years from now our part of the forest will be beautiful again too.

God bless all you folks out west with all the heat. I’m sitting in the middle of a fog on top of the mountain with the most beautiful rainfall and 77°. I don’t mean to brag because it could be the reverse. But I am grateful and every farmer in this area is grateful because the corn was showing the stress from the heat and lack of rain. Today is my last day on the mountain top I got to go down to the cabin tomorrow and figure out where I’m gonna go from there. Isn’t it nice to be a nomad and being free to make a plan at the last minute and change it whenever with or without a reason. God bless the nomads each and everyone.

Driving home from town yesterday evening I noticed some dying/dead bushes and a birch tree that I'm pretty sure weren't dead last week and where I live gets hot in the summer. This was beyond hot.

wanderingsoul said:
Driving home from town yesterday evening I noticed some dying/dead bushes and a birch tree that I'm pretty sure weren't dead last week and where I live gets hot in the summer.  This was beyond hot.

121 in Vancouver,BC. That is insane.  That's like Mojave desert heat!

Portland was tied with Dubai for hottest day in the world a few days back.

We got some prime wildfire weather today and tomorrow. It's been HOT. Now it's going to be hot and windy. :(

Making a batch of my super-duper, magical, there's-nothing-that-works-better-than-this pain rub. Melting beeswax with herbal infused oils, measuring essential oils drop by drop, weighing out waxes and menthol crystals, melting cannabis infused in coconut oil to add towards the end. My apartment smells heavenly. Mostly it's the cottonwood bud infused oil (balm of gilead), I can't get enough of that smell.