24/7 Chat About Anything

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
115 expected in Portland tomorrow. I have a brother who lives there and all he has is one little window air conditioner in one of the bedrooms. Sounds like it won't be a fun day for a lot of people. Get wet/stay wet. It helps. My daughter is planning a pool party tomorrow for the kids.

We had the Apple Blossom Festival (late this year) a few weeks ago. I only went to the crafts fair and there was a booth with absolutely gorgeous jewelry not too outrageously priced. A necklace with a hansa (hand of God) charm caught my eye. There were three of them and it took me forever to choose between two but I finally did and brought it home.

My youngest daughter just stopped by and she was standing by my computer desk chatting with me. I looked closer at the necklace she was wearing. Nah, it can't be. I stood up and turned on the overhead light and she was wearing the other necklace I had a hard time deciding over. Her and her boyfriend went to the fair later in the day and she saw it and he bought it for her.

Mind = blown.

All those high temps in  California and on up to Seattle and north of there makes me glad I decided to try to hang around Flagstaff hing the NFS would reopen in a few weeks. it has not gotten unbeatably hot...so far. The high today will be 87 but the wind is gusty so that helps a lot. Wednesday the temp drops into the low 80s, which is good enough for me.

O

Where my middle daughter is (close to Portland) is supposed to be 111 today and 112 tomorrow. Hotter than Wenatchee, that's amazing. That's like Phoenix in the summer temps.

Practicing making with wire…my first attempt:

01959B04-A2B9-4E56-AED4-28C20AA349DA.jpeg

Attachments

• 01959B04-A2B9-4E56-AED4-28C20AA349DA.jpeg
    01959B04-A2B9-4E56-AED4-28C20AA349DA.jpeg
    471.8 KB · Views: 8
Thanks…I’m having a hard time posting photos…that wasn’t a very good one… 

I’m having a ball making jewelry… but it’s hell getting my shit together for the business aspect…haha… but I’m going to try this week to put some stuff in the Etsy shop… so hard to photograph sparkly things …

wanderingsoul said:
Where my middle daughter is (close to Portland) is supposed to be 111 today and 112 tomorrow.  Hotter than Wenatchee, that's amazing.  That's like Phoenix in the summer temps.
My friend on Mount Hood said it is indeed that hot. 
-crofter

528219E9-5AA4-4E5F-B796-882C74AFC4DD.jpeg

Attachments

• 528219E9-5AA4-4E5F-B796-882C74AFC4DD.jpeg
    528219E9-5AA4-4E5F-B796-882C74AFC4DD.jpeg
    160.6 KB · Views: 5
Very nice! I always use headpins for danglies, but I make my own wire loops for everything else.

Just lately I have been craving to get back into making jewelry. I've got like four boxes packed full
in my bedroom closet of supplies and equipment.

Now that I'm not working anymore....

65CEFBAA-C145-4542-8B79-860021DE5130.jpegOh wow !!!   Yes you should get back into it …then you can make extra money!!!   I’d rather sell directly… like at a fair…people can see it live !!!   I made this mala from rose Quartz… it’s very heavy…haha… not very practical… but it’s pretty… next time I will use smaller beads….

Attachments

• 65CEFBAA-C145-4542-8B79-860021DE5130.jpeg
    65CEFBAA-C145-4542-8B79-860021DE5130.jpeg
    201.1 KB · Views: 6
wanderingsoul said:
Very nice!  I always use headpins for danglies, but I make my own wire loops for everything else.

Just lately I have been craving to get back into making jewelry.  I've got like four boxes packed full
in my bedroom closet of supplies and equipment.

Now that I'm not working anymore....
Yeah next time I’ll use head pins instead…

This is a gift for a friend :

(I didn't have my camera set to the highest quality recording....i'm learning....)

I will make all the mistakes first before i get it right.....haha

I had a mala made of sandalwood beads and I gave it away to a friend of my daughter's who spotted it on my 'altar' and fell in love. It didn't have much scent though. I had a friend who was a vendor at the barter faires up here every year and for a few years in a row back in the early 2000s he had a bunch of sandalwood necklaces and things that you could smell from a booth away.

I've seen some jewelry lately that has really inspired me. Stumbled across an Etsy shop last night when I was image searching for something that really got me going.

We had a fabulous bead store in town here that I stopped in once in a while when I had something specific to make and one day it was just gone. She decided she didn't want to do it anymore. She had tons of fantastic stock too. I miss that store so much. All we have now is Hobby Lobby and Joannes.

edit: One of my going full time fantasies is selling handmade jewelry out of my van that I don't have yet. Sitting in my van parked in the forest somewhere, making beautiful jewelry.

Yes ! (Flex wire)

Yes...to be sitting in a forest or peaceful setting in your van making jewelry......how peaceful !!!     I have given every sandalwood mala I've ever had away !!!     I love them so much....i also make jewelry with Myrrh & Frankincense....i will also be making sandalwood malas......it's so relaxing  :heart:    I can't wait to see what you're going to make !!!!