Youtubers you love

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lforto20

Reaction score
Hello everyone! I am working to convert my Subaru Legacy into a car camper to live out of full time. I was wondering if any of you have any favorite youtubers you follow that live out of their car? I feel like the bulk of the people that are popular and youtube suggests to me are all in cargo vans and sprinters. I was just hoping for some diversity and to see how someone is living similarly to what I'm hoping to do.

Prius seems to be one of the more common cars in which people live. To find videos, just go to YT and in the search window enter "prius cheaprvliving." Any video featuring Sueanne will be highly valuable.

A prius is not a Subaru, of course, but these videos offer ideas suitable for many types of small vehicles.

VanForNow said:
To find videos, just go to YT and in the search window enter "prius cheaprvliving." Any video featuring Sueanne will be highly valuable.

That's great, thanks! I'll check it out

A while back I saw some videos of a female Youtuber whose channel was My Life Now. She was living in either an SUV or minivan. I haven't kept up with her, so I don't know what her current situation is.

lforto20 said:
Hello everyone! I am working to convert my Subaru Legacy into a car camper to live out of full time. I was wondering if any of you have any favorite youtubers you follow that live out of their car? I feel like the bulk of the people that are popular and youtube suggests to me are all in cargo vans and sprinters. I was just hoping for some diversity and to see how someone is living similarly to what I'm hoping to do.
Go on YouTube and search for 'car camping'

Kevin Carney said:
A while back I saw some videos of a female Youtuber whose channel was My Life Now. She was living in either an SUV or minivan. I haven't kept up with her, so I don't know what her current situation is.

I'll see what I can find, thanks!

Neal said:
Go on YouTube and search for 'car camping'

I have, I was just hoping for something specific to look for so I wasn't just shouting into the YouTube void. Most of the results for "car camping" don't really involve living long term in a small space. 

Also tried: 
Van life
#fakevanlife
Prius camping
Hotel prius
Car living
Subaru camping
Simply looking through Bob's past videos
Among other searches

There were a bunch of fugazi car dwellers in the past on YT such as Hobo Ahle. Gotta steer clear of those that don't past the sniff test.

lforto20 said:
 Most of the results for "car camping" don't really involve living long term in a small space. 

Try substituting “dwelling” for “camping” as in “car dwelling” in your youtube search.
Many many results.

I get a lot of good information from #cardwelling on instagram. Lots of great photos.

Add good ole' Mr "I live in the bay area" only, not really in an RV, Will Prowse to the list of those to take with a grain of salt.
(My own opinion.)
Take his solar "book" with a grain of salt as well.
It astounds me that someone puts together such caveman/unsafe wiring jobs, yet touts himself as a professional.
(NOT only my opinion.)
Some people think selling Amazon printer-books is okay, even if you are way less than as knowledgeable as you profess to be.

Hi lforto20 and I'm sure you already know this, but don't forget to ask questions that are specific to your case in the forums. If you see an idea you like and you're not able to see a way to implement it for you, ask in one of the subforums here. Some of the feedback might spark something in your noggin to make it work for you. For me, sometimes I hear totally off topic chat that sparks an idea in my top block. Best of luck!

Three years in my Volvo this summer.  I've learned to do some minor repairs, changing air filters, pulling out the dashboard.  You get closer to your vehicle.  I've been looking at vans, but the Volvo is running fine at 130K.  You've got to be very organized, every day.

Attachments

• DSCN4859.JPG
    DSCN4859.JPG
    227.5 KB · Views: 9
  • DSCN4956.JPG
    DSCN4956.JPG
    229.9 KB · Views: 23
  • DSCN4955.JPG
    DSCN4955.JPG
    226.2 KB · Views: 21