I need to be free

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As a practicing NOM (Negative Old Man), I think it's my duty to remind a young person like you that balance is an important thing in life. Positive and loving are wonderful things, but don't forget that glum, fetid, and grumblingful have their place, too. Personally, I try to do at least one thing each day that I can say "Holy crap, that was stupid and self-destructive", then brood about it for hours. Makes me sleep more poorly every night so that I can face the new day with suspicion, dread and the feeling that the sky is about to fall. It's a good thing I have a couple of stuffed animals (an octopus and orangutan) that I can talk to, even tho' they cheat at poker and I owe them thousands of dollars.
Everything above your 'postscript' screenshot and instantly added to my screensaver rotation.

Everything above your 'postscript' screenshot and instantly added to my screensaver rotation.
That's a little frightening. The last time I was in a rotation was when that jerk bully John Lee gave me a swirly in 7th grade. And he later ended up a mayor in some town in Indiana. Figures. But thank you for the small notoriety.

My travel trailer and car refuse to accept any names. I know, I have tried some out but they refuse them. They prefer to be officially known their legally registered ViN numbers. But other people call them affectionate names, I don’t. Honda Elements have a widely used nickname of “Toaster”. My travel trailer is called by most people who see it “Little Red Caboose”.
IMG_0442.jpeg

UPDATE: I have bought a minivan. Her name is Trillionisha and it's a 2002 Dodge Caravan. The guy I purchased from used it as a fishing van. So it stank stank funky until I took out all the seats and vacuumed. I will be blowing it up with bleach and fabulouso tomorrow. I drove it two hours from Milton, Fl back to Mobile, AL. I can breathe a little bit.
wonderful news! You have achieved the security of a physical shelter from life’s erratic financial storms.

My travel trailer and car refuse to accept any names. I know, I have tried some out but they refuse them. They prefer to be officially known their legally registered ViN numbers. But other people call them affectionate names, I don’t. Honda Elements have a widely used nickname of “Toaster”. My travel trailer is called by most people who see it “Little Red Caboose”.
View attachment 33924

My car and trailer means I am outstanding in every field 🤪