You Ain't Right Club

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i'm west coast and stay up late so my first action is to make optimistic paranoid not only high executioner but east coast freak commander

now while i am fine with pea shooting the english must die
"The Clan Johnstone were once one of the most powerful of the Border Reiver Scottish clans.[3] They originally settled in Annandale and for over six hundred years they held extensive possessions in the west of the Scottish Marches, where they kept watch against the English"
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clan_Johnstone
just ignore the fact my moms family is all english occupational names

so cat bathing it is,must be bare armed,inside the ears will be inspected for cleanliness

sparklespankme-keep doing what you do

monkeyfoot needs a special title

of course crazygradma will like this post

dont suck the goo out of a crawdads head,thats gross

and i'm pretty sure the ranger is a fluffer in socal

temp overlord weirdo out

I was telling my sister about the You Ain't Right club, and she said it would be simpler and more cost effective to give Normal badges to the (possibly) 125 normal people in America, instead of giving YAR badges to the 321 million others.

rvpopeye said:
I just had a thought about those here that "Ain't Right".

I KNOW YOU'RE OUT THERE!

So just click on reply and post a story already !

I think I might have already got a badge in this thread....but I can't remember. Just ain't right in the head anymore.

I was about 26 in 1981 when I was at a Cambridge England factory training session for calibrating scanning electron microscopes. One weekend me and a buddy decided to go for an adventure. I had been looking at the maps and had seen a little castle icon on an island north of Yorkshire, across the North Irish Sea from the Isle of Man in Barrow-in Furness. It's called Piel Island. Here's the google satellite link.

We were there at about noon in the fall. There's normally a ferry that runs to the island, but we were off-season and it wasn't running the day we got there. Damn. We could see the castle from shore and it looked cool to explore, and we heard there was an operating pub on the island that served the sailboat population mored nearby. 

Then some guy in hip-waders buzzes up in his rubber boat and drops a box off next to a pole. We ask him if it's true about the pub being open. He nods affirmatively. 

"Is the ferry going to run again today?"

"Nope."

"D'ya think you could give us a lift out to the island?"

A wry smile comes over his face. "Sure, mate, hop on in."

And off we go for an afternoon of exploration on the island. Hit up the pub first for a beer and some local info before we lit off to the castle. They said we could go where ever we wanted but rocks were loose atop the castle walls. And watch out for the BLACK ABBOTT. *mua ha ha ha ha ha*

We laughed and left for the ruin. It was freeking cool. Towers you could climb up into; passageways here and there; slotted windows to shoot arrows out of. Great fun. 

It started to get dark and cool, so we decided it was time to go back to the pub and see if we could hook a ride back to shore. We belly up to the bar and order a pint. The 6-8 people there continue to chat in hushed tones. My buddy and I chat with the bartender and about half way through the second pint I get up the nerve to semi-announce, "Say...anybody heading back to the mainland tonight that we could hitch a ride with?"

The place erupts in laughter. "No, yer fakt, mate." "Nope, we all just live out there on sailboats." "Yer just going to have to wait out the crowd and sleep on a bench, mate."  

After that folks started chatting us up and buying us extra pints so we would sleep soundly. The main topic of conversation was: How to deal overnight with the BLACK ABBOTT!!! *mua-ha-ha-ha-haaaa*

About the time we were well plastered and folks were starting to depart, the guy in the hip-waders walks in and orders a pint. I say, "I'll get that, mate!" The place erupts in laughter again.

Long story short, the tide was out so we've got to waddle 50 yards to where the dingy is...making it absolutely obvious why the dude was wearing hip-waders. We got to our room quite inebriated, completely exhausted, and covered in mud. We grinned like idiots talking about how our adventure was insanely not right all the way home the next day.

What a great adventure Putt!!!!! I love it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rvpopeye said:
I second the Nominator's nomination for sushidog . That Bug Foreplay pic was as "Ain't Right" as it gets..............Hey sushi we call the Lobbies up heah BUGS too ! Really BIGGUNS!

Ya wanna see some big bugs? We have some big 'uns down here too - crawfish as big as a beer can! Not quite the size of a lobster, but for a mud bug they're huge.

1immao.jpg

And we have more than a few of them too.
wu4fbp.jpg

Some folks get 'em by the lb. We get 'em by the pallet. That's over 700 lbs of them right there.

Chip

let it be known

Monkeyfoot-Keeper of the beasts

temp weirdo overlord out

Putts said:
I think I might have already got a badge in this thread....but I can't remember. Just ain't right in the head anymore.

I was about 26 in 1981 when I was at a Cambridge England factory training session for calibrating scanning electron microscopes. One weekend me and a buddy decided to go for an adventure. I had been looking at the maps and had seen a little castle icon on an island north of Yorkshire, across the North Irish Sea from the Isle of Man in Barrow-in Furness. It's called Piel Island. Here's the google satellite link.

We were there at about noon in the fall. There's normally a ferry that runs to the island, but we were off-season and it wasn't running the day we got there. Damn. We could see the castle from shore and it looked cool to explore, and we heard there was an operating pub on the island that served the sailboat population mored nearby. 

Then some guy in hip-waders buzzes up in his rubber boat and drops a box off next to a pole. We ask him if it's true about the pub being open. He nods affirmatively. 

"Is the ferry going to run again today?"

"Nope."

"D'ya think you could give us a lift out to the island?"

A wry smile comes over his face. "Sure, mate, hop on in."

And off we go for an afternoon of exploration on the island. Hit up the pub first for a beer and some local info before we lit off to the castle. They said we could go where ever we wanted but rocks were loose atop the castle walls. And watch out for the BLACK ABBOTT. *mua ha ha ha ha ha*

We laughed and left for the ruin. It was freeking cool. Towers you could climb up into; passageways here and there; slotted windows to shoot arrows out of. Great fun. 

It started to get dark and cool, so we decided it was time to go back to the pub and see if we could hook a ride back to shore. We belly up to the bar and order a pint. The 6-8 people there continue to chat in hushed tones. My buddy and I chat with the bartender and about half way through the second pint I get up the nerve to semi-announce, "Say...anybody heading back to the mainland tonight that we could hitch a ride with?"

The place erupts in laughter. "No, yer fakt, mate." "Nope, we all just live out there on sailboats." "Yer just going to have to wait out the crowd and sleep on a bench, mate."  

After that folks started chatting us up and buying us extra pints so we would sleep soundly. The main topic of conversation was: How to deal overnight with the BLACK ABBOTT!!! *mua-ha-ha-ha-haaaa*

About the time we were well plastered and folks were starting to depart, the guy in the hip-waders walks in and orders a pint. I say, "I'll get that, mate!" The place erupts in laughter again.

Long story short, the tide was out so we've got to waddle 50 yards to where the dingy is...making it absolutely obvious why the dude was wearing hip-waders. We got to our room quite inebriated, completely exhausted, and covered in mud. We grinned like idiots talking about how our adventure was insanely not right all the way home the next day.

You are now Drunk~In~The~Mud.  Keeper of the dingy.

Attachments

• BadgePH082StinkinBadge.jpg
    BadgePH082StinkinBadge.jpg
    48.8 KB
Cammalu said:
Did sushidog get his badge???  

Sushidog gets the badge, and Buddy Bear to watch his kitchen.

Attachments

• BadgePH082StinkinBadge.jpg
    BadgePH082StinkinBadge.jpg
    48.8 KB
  • bear.jpg
    bear.jpg
    51.1 KB
Is that anything like "You can tune a guitar but you can't tuna fish ?"

hear ye,hear ye

by decree of the temp weirdo overlord the 7 day week will be abolished in favor of a one day a week week and that day will be called someday

I hope this doesn't get into a big tangle about who thinks they Ain't Right more than anyone else.

I've always been 100 per cent normal, but I just read all 46 pages of this thread, backwards, p 46-1.

My back and eyeballs are the ones telling me I ain't right. Ouch, off to bed!! Hope I can see and sit up straight tomorrow. :dodgy:

Gary68 said:
hear ye,hear ye

by decree of the temp weirdo overlord the 7 day week will be abolished in favor of a one day a week week and that day will be called someday

BTW, if you decide you're really liking this temporary power, I can highly recommend this book.  I read the original version when it first came out in 1968, it gives you step-by-step instructions.

Coup.jpg

Attachments

• Coup.jpg
    Coup.jpg
    12.2 KB
OP, please send one of those books to the Joint Chiefs of Staff

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk