Who's behind your user name

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DannyB1954 said:
Fantasy novel got my attention. Interesting picture of you. You do look better after a shave. Cover of book scares me. I don't know that I would want you to tell me bed time stories.
https://www.amazon.com/Dune-Elliot/e/B0038FYA50

Ha ha. The name is intentionally gender ambiguous. I had to look at it to see what you were talking about with the shaving.

My first name is Janna and last name starts with B. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.
This is a lot easier than past names: Dube, jahungafer, Squaw, Fairy Godmother, Crackawhip ....that have happily fell to the wayside along with my 62 years.

Dune, that book looks right up my ally, wonder if the local library has it?

My first name is Arthur, Art is short, and W is the first letter of my last name
I've been through hell, home maker for the family I was born into by 12 due to Mom's mentall illness, breadwinner as well since 15 due to Dad getting crippled, then dying, no education because priorities, but I always stood and was true, no retreat, no surrender, and I hold my head up, and own myself, both the sh#t and the shine
I tried my hand at writing but I'm a harsh critic of my own work, so only family ever got to read them

Anyone familiar with driving a power boat with a planing hull knows that there is that speed just before the boat gets up on a plane, where one is making a tremendous wake off their stern. If one were to back off the throttle at this point this stern wake will catch up to the boat, lift the stern and the boat will for a period of time ride the energy of its own stern wake.

With enough experience, One can time this and actually use the stern wake to more easily get up on a plane with less effort/ using less gas.

I do the same thing when paddling my surfboard, but I obviously cannot get up on a plane paddling. If I paddle with 80% of possible effort, then I push out a bow wake, and my stern wake never catches up to me, If I paddle 85% then back off to 60%, i can feel my stern wake lift the tail of my board, then I can ride my own stern wake, and I can use 20% less overall effort to move the same speed through the water.

Depending on how much wind chop exists, i can cultivate the stern wake, and at times stop paddling and simply ride the energy of my own displacement when riding my longer surfboards, though shorter boards can still do this but to much lesser a degree. Using one's own momentum, and the buoyancy of the board and the sternwake, i can frequently catch waves without paddling at all, and few who witness this will ever consider getttin in my way, and generally scramble to get the F out of it, and away from me in general which is a good things, as crowds suck.

ArtW said:
Dune, that book looks right up my ally, wonder if the local library has it?

I doubt it. They tend not to carry indie or small publishing house books. I need to go through a re-edit in a few places.

Most times online your first choice of names are taken, so I didn't even try, to save time.  I need out of the sticks and bricks A.S.A.P!  I used to be a big "Xfiles"  TV and movie fan, and still would be if I had TV.  That's it!  Love watching the Xfiles...Love Mulder and Skully!

It's my last name. Rare that it's not already taken and I don't have to add digits.

Back in the early 90's when people were just really starting to discover computers and the internet, and I had already been in computers for 15 years, a lot of people were signing up with an online provider called AOL. AOL was a huge ripoff and I warned people away from it every chance I got, for years my id was deathb4aol. AOL dwindled into relative obscurity as horrible providers do, and the handle eventually didn't really mean anything anymore.

Dan is my regular name that everyone calls me. "Dan 1" is the First Narbarian name. It precedes my title. It designates that I am the First of my line (in the Narbarian Culture) and also the last, as it turns out, because I will die "without issue" (offspring). The use of the number "1" is the simplest way I could think of to signify the beginning of my coming People. And yes, I do see the workings of my ego in this method. I mean, how far can one go, in importance, when one is the first and last of something? I am important only to myself, but I am humbly philosophical about this. It's "no big thang". Just a fun way to Live.

It's my mom's fault.

Actually, it's my dad's fault: I'm a "Junior". My parents had utterly no imagination at all whatever.

(sigh)

Don't name your kid "junior".

They named you junior cause they wanted you to be strong, deal with the stereotype all your life. If they had really been serious about making you strong, they'd have named you Lenny-Sue. :p Thank you Johnny Cash.

OK, I'll play. B and C is the first name initials of the wife and I and it also had the hidden meaning of Be and See.

That's easy, it refers to my trade.

Attachments

• motorhome gold livery.jpg
    motorhome gold livery.jpg
    482.9 KB · Views: 9
  • ROKGUY plate.JPG
    ROKGUY plate.JPG
    44.2 KB · Views: 5
What is a crofter?

[font=Roboto, arial, sans-serif]A [/font][font=Roboto, arial, sans-serif]croft[/font][font=Roboto, arial, sans-serif] is a small agricultural unit, most of which are situated in the crofting counties in the north of [/font][font=Roboto, arial, sans-serif]Scotland[/font][font=Roboto, arial, sans-serif] being the former counties of Argyll, Caithness, Inverness, Ross & Cromarty, Sutherland, Orkney and Shetland, and held subject to the provisions of the Crofting Acts. Many crofts are on estates.[/font]

www.scotland.shelter.org.uk/get_advice/advice_topics/finding_a_place_to_live/crofts_and_crofting/about_crofts_and_crofting ~can't get this url to pop but worth looking at.

[img=342x192]https://scotland.shelter.org.uk/?a=1825555[/img]
CROFTERS ABOVE SAY : We’re fighting for a Scotland where no one chooses between food and rent, and no one sleeps on the streets.

A crofter is a person who lives minimally on a small holding of land. A croft is a small holding of land. I started out as Desert Crofter and then shortened it to crofter.     ~crofter

Simple, just take the “D” out add a “L” and it’s my last name and one of my trades.

Who's behind your user name ?

I guess I am :)

Super simple for me. Tells everyone what I want to do full time. Be a Roamer in an RV.
I ain't crafty on usernames :)