Who's behind your user name

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Zeke1953 said:
Again, not real creative.  My Dad's nickname for  me as a kid...Zeke. Born in 1953.  Had to be somewhat easy to remember.

1953 was a good year!

Vanbrat is because I love my little van and sometimes I'm a brat. I have had a nick name for a long time of craftybrat, but that was taken or not allowed so now I'm a Vanbrat. We brats have more fun then the quiet soft little sweety pies. I have lots of friends that are wonderful sweety pies and lovies, but I'm not that type girl. I am going to tell anyone who says I should be more sweet and nice to %$#@ off or laugh and ask what for I like who and what I am. I rarely worry about anyone's approval, but my own. I rarely think I ever need to give my approval as nobody needs it.
If ever we meet it won't take long before you know why I'm sometimes a brat....

My first name initial "C", which stands for Chris, my last name "Kelly" , and 78Z was a Datsun 280Z that I drove a long time ago for about 10 years, but has just stuck as my screen name.

I have had about 20 different sports cars including Porsches, Mustangs, and Datsun Zs, but am now driving a newer Mustang, and looking for another 1st generation Datsun Z.

As I'm reading and watching videos about vanlife, it looks like a majority of people are out west in California, Arizona etc. When I move into my van, I'll either be in New Jersey, Pennsylvania, or possibly over the border in Toronto. 

I thought about adding another word to my username, like East_Coast_Lady or something, but at the last moment I thought East_Coast said it all. 

I love New Jersey :heart: , and I miss it every day. Too bad the housing market is absolutely insane out there. I spent years wasting between 900 and 1100 dollars per month on a small apartment with loud and rude neighbors, round after round of bedbug infestations, and other issues that go along with living in a poor area.  :s

To live in an area that was considered nicer would have cost me so much I'd have nothing left for food/gas/insurance etc or rent half a room in a shared apartment for $600.  :-/  It's common to see grown adults with full time jobs (which they needed massive student loans to qualify for) renting half a room in an apartment with 4 other tenants sharing it. 

So basically the only way for me to afford to go home and be near my family (I'm in Europe currently) is to live in a vehicle.

When I first started dreaming about hitting the road, I had two cats. I figured both would probably wind up in the cab area, maybe sunning on the dashboard or curled up on the passenger seat. I made up stories about the two of them arguing over our route, as though they were "driving."
So 2catsdriving.

Ravella and a dozen or so nicknames and variations was my name in a MMOG (massively multiplayer online game) I played for years. I was a pacifist in a war game with a leadership role. Heh. Somehow, it worked beautifully and I was living my best life online while real life was kinda sucky. That was years ago. I am still in contact with some friends from that game. BTW, its Rav for short.

When my niece was learning to speak, she couldn't pronounce my name, Thor-Steen(surprise surprise) and it came out Toto. That was in the 90s and since it's been Toto or Todo, but I've been called one or the other ever since by everyone in the fam.

When my wife and I took our ex-forestry truck on its first backroads run we came back south through the coast highway up Oregon-the tight sweepers reminded us of surfing, couple that with our vision of dry docking out in the forest on forest roads in a forestry vehicle and there ya go :)

My ultralight aircraft reminded my daughter of a huge moth. I tried to get Mothra as an email address but it was taken.

My first and last initials are JW (I have an unpronounceable Japanese middle name), I live in the Deep South. It was inevitable... Still WAAAAAAAYYYY better then what a friend of mine got hung with: "Two Dogs"...

Cheers!

The Grateful Dead song that my late drinking buddy played over and over on the barroom jukebox after our successful return from Vietnam.

wanderingsoul because I've been stuck in town working 5 and even 7 days a week (for 5 years) just keeping a roof over my head. Only my soul could wander. I didn't have the time, the money or a car I felt comfortable taking more than an hour (or less) out of town to travel.

Things are changing. :)

Stephen King. In the book Christine, Arnie would say "let's motorvate," to the car 'Christine' when they were getting ready to ride. If I remember correctly they didn't use that saying in the movie.

Qxxx said:
Tony, a good resource for US travel are some of the youtuber channels. Some of those people just travel and travel and travel, crossing the US twice a year. Eg, Nomadic Fanatic, Destination Open Road, Panda Monium, Camper Van Kevin. And many more. If you're planning on going to AZ, RVerTV is a great channel, as he lives in Quartzsite and travels all over.

I have saw some of these posters and a couple others.  I love the insight they have provided and they actually covered some of the places I want to see.