Who's behind your user name

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ckelly is my name....Chris Kelly, and 78Z refers to a 1978 Datsun 280Z that I daily drove, and raced for years. I have always been a car guy, and I use this username on most forums.

My name is Speed; I spend a lot of time on the highway; I was born in 1946.

SheketEchad is Hebrew for Quiet One. I tend to be pretty quiet in person until I get to know the environment or person(s). It doesn't slow me down from typing a lot though :)

I love the color red, and Rojo is Spanish for red. It's also the first two letters of my first (RO) and middle name (JO). Zoso is because I'm a Led Zeppelin fan.

Badmotorscooter is a song written by Sammy Hagar during his Montrose days.

I have ridden motorcycles all my life, but the last 10 or 12 years I have really found enjoyment riding (and wrenching) on scooters. Yes, I listen to classic rock from that era (might be an age thing), and no, I'm not a biker "dude".

Hi, I'm a big South Park fan, and really liked the episode featuring Chefs parents.
Also I was born in '53 (fiddytree).

I'm Travel Around because I want to travel around.

Traveling around was all I was thinking about when I registered here in 2018.

Since then I started a YouTube channel with the same name: Travel Around. There's not much there yet because, though I've been living in my van since July, I'm still working on moving out of my apartment. (Tomorrow should be the last day!)

You can also see the real me on YouTube as Book Lady.

crofter said:
What is a crofter?

[font=Roboto, arial, sans-serif]A [/font][font=Roboto, arial, sans-serif]croft[/font][font=Roboto, arial, sans-serif] is a small agricultural unit, most of which are situated in the crofting counties in the north of [/font][font=Roboto, arial, sans-serif]Scotland[/font][font=Roboto, arial, sans-serif] being the former counties of Argyll, Caithness, Inverness, Ross & Cromarty, Sutherland, Orkney and Shetland, and held subject to the provisions of the Crofting Acts. Many crofts are on estates.[/font]

A crofter is a person who lives minimally on a small holding of land. A croft is a small holding of land. I started out as Desert Crofter and then shortened it to crofter.     ~crofter
So your Scottish ?

I would have to say Scottish American on one side and mutt on the other. I identify with the crofters being content with simplicity of the small holding. I would like to see US convey Croft parcels to modern homesteaders with the right to transfer and inherit.    -  crofter

Username: PODebbie Well it is either Pissed Off Debbie or Post Office Debbie, depends on the moment. I retired from the United States Postal Service and I had a rough menopause :) My husband said he felt sorry for any guy who tried to hurt me. I am always out traveling by myself. In fact, last week, he suggested I go on a trip :).

Old but fun thread to read...    I actually have several monikers...  Doubleone comes from auto racing.  My first stockcar was number 535.  We were very low-buck and hand cut our numbers from shelving paper but quickly discovered that 3's and 5's were harder to cut, so we decided that 1's would be much easier.  Number 511 was available and so we changed our car number.  Later, when the series dropped the 5 we were known as car 11.  A competitor had number 00 which he pronounced 'double-zero'.  Having a wicked sense of humor, and in a friendly rivalry, we started calling our car the 'double-one' and it kinda stuck...  Doubleone was also a nod to certain aspects of duality and contrast between my personality and profession.  Ratscallion was based on rapscallion, because I can often be somewhat mischievous, and I like rat rods and old-school automobilia... so Rat+scallion.

Mine is right here in the Newcomers Corner, and instead of writing, or maybe better put, re-writing in all over again, I'll just post the link, let you all read it for yourself. It what's behind the name and who's the person behind the name. Isn't that what Bob was inquiring? It's a bit raw but brutally honest, and when someone hits my age, faced with the situation I'm in, honesty is often the best policy. I need real friends. This is a very abridged version, for lack of a better term at the moment, if you want to know more, ask, I'm no longer afraid to be who I am. So here I go, this is me.

https://vanlivingforum.com/showthread.php?tid=38401

My real name is James if you want to know more, PM me.

Ha, good one. I'll bet there aren't any wolfs in Louisiana.

this thread brings back a lot of memories. all the members that no longer post and those that have passed. kinda sad. highdesertranger

@ highdesertranger It serves as a reminder to our state of reality, a constant state of change. Nothing ever stays the same. The film reel is always rolling. And you never know when it will it be your or your loved one's last frame.

I am but a wee noob around these parts, but my username is what it is because a few years ago I was making an online account for something and a beautiful sunset was one of the last things I had seen. So I use this name for everything because I like it and it's never taken.

makenmend. Harken's back to the old days of Royal Navy sailing days when men were given the afternoon off duty to make and repair there equipment and clothes.
In today's world its a free afternoon for shore leave, "Make and mend."
Joined my 1st warship a minesweeper in Malta 1962 age 16, spent the remainder of my 12 year service in submarines the last being HMS Resolution Britains 1st Polaris sub.

Latest posts