Who's behind your user name

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I played online for a lot of years. If you think finding a user name not taken is hard, try playing World of Warcraft and pick a character name. Theadyn was something I pulled out of thin air that wasn't taken. I use a few character names on different forums, most aren't taken so it's easier. :)

These are all so great !...............I can't wait to meet some of you "characters" out on the road or sitting around a campfire sharing an adult libation

Baloo......DAMN I never put yours together.....that avatar is too small......even at 63 yrs old I feel like a kid again.....the PERFECT weekend earwig !.......Disney's The "Bear" Necessities:

Almost There for a couple of reasons!

In no particular order:

On road trips with the 3 boys we were 'almost there' for hours in response to the standard 'Are we there yet' and 'how much further MOMMMM'.

Since I love to travel all the time, witnessed by the almost 10,000 miles I did in the last 6 months, there's always another destination in mind, hence 'almost there'.

Several of my friends have questioned over the years, whether or not I'm not quite 'almost there'. :D :D

I needed a screen name for CRVL and it came out on top of the list I had made up. It was also available... :rolleyes:

Lynne is my name but not my first name. My first name starts with an S. At some point, in high school, I started adding the S because it caused too much confusion otherwise and then, because I was a big drinker in highschool, I got the nickname "slynne lush" Around that time I started using slynne as my user name on a local dial up BBS (remember those?) and have been using it as my computer handle ever since. Now I hardly drink alcohol at all so my old highschool friends sometimes laugh about it.

Wabbit is my trail name a friend gave to me. When she's mad at me I'm an a$$hole. When she's not mad I'm a wascal. I have abit of a speech impediment with saying my R's. Not as bad as when I was a kid, but she swears she's not picking on me and its from Elmer Fudd saying to Bugs Bunny "you wascally wabbit you".

Belinda2: B-2 stealth; under the work wave

Being from the East Coast, most of you will never get a chance to meet me. I picked a girls name, so I would appear more personal to you.
Living near Washington, D.C., there is really an art to living Stealth-like, even with security clearances and security interviews regularly. I have found it similar to being at the ocean when a big wave is coming. The way to stay out of trouble is to go under a wave until it passes.

My maiden name was Jewellann Van Valkenburg.........Jay for short, sometimes Jaybird.  While applying for a marriage license in 1968 my future spouse fussed at me because I wasn't using my "real" name of Jay.  When asked he said "I thought Jay was your name, you have a cousin named Tommy Jewell after all."  He passed away in 1992.  The story of him not knowing my given name until we were filling out a marrige license has been told many times.

I'm from Dallas TX and in 2015 when our son set up me up on  CRVL he combined them.  I haven't lived in Tx since 2005 however I will always consider myself a Texan....It's a Texas thang. :D

Jewellann

Mine is a combo of 3 pet's names, all deceased now.

Sent from my LG-US996 using Tapatalk

Wabbit said:
 I have abit of a speech impediment with saying my R's.

Just do what we Bostonians do.  Change R's to AH.  Problem solved!   "I'm going to eat Lobstah for lunch"  " I need to grab a newspapah"  " I need to go into town to fill my watah tanks"  And well you get the point!

Every Road Leads Home said:
Just do what we Bostonians do.  Change R's to AH.  Problem solved!   "I'm going to eat Lobstah for lunch"  " I need to grab a newspapah"  " I need to go into town to fill my watah tanks"  And well you get the point!

Not sure if you younger ones do this, but the older ones I know (my dad was famous for it) just take the r's you dropped elsewhere and randomly add them to other words.  "Let's order a peetzer (pizza)",  "we're driving over to Tamper (Tampa) today".

I sit and watch the night sky.  Don't want a telescope because most things, including people, are most mysterious and beautiful from a distance.  So I don't know and don't want to know the name of any one star or planet because in The Grand Scheme of Things, it doesn't matter.

It soothes my spirit to look out there and know our absolutely insignificant selves are less than a speck of dust.  When we are gone, reduced to almost nothing, all of that out there will still be there, in one form or another.  In spite of what we do.

Peace.

@Queen- that last one hit my funny bone. Maybe it was imagining a South Park episode or something.

Stargazer is a great username. All usernames are cool, but yours brings back memories.

Stargazer said:
I sit and watch the night sky.

A kindred spirit!  I watch the sky all the time, I love watching weather during the day and the stars at night, but I don't care to know the names or constellations.  Same with weather, I know a little but don't care to get too deeply into the science, I just enjoy it.

Ahh, Queen, nothing like a night time storm, especially as it's rolling in, the Lightning show is better than a Fourth of July display.  And you can hear the wind coming and smell the rain. And when it arrives, the temperature drops, the gusts of wind, then the rain and maybe hail!  Happened yesterday and I always stand outside as long as possible then come inside and against all common sense plaster myself to a window and think, "Here she comes" and yesterday, I thought, "There goes the roof" but no, it was ok.  Lol!  I put my little dog in a safe place, though.

Today, the wind is blowing, and it's quite cool out, and I'm watching the big elm tree next to my fiver and wonder if it's gonna come through my roof?!  If it does, then it does and won't that be exciting, lmao!  Because I know nature will always win!  Maybe my name should be Ultimately Loser! Hahaha!!

^^^ LOL!!

My poor honey, she tries to drag me in sometimes, "honey, it's not safe!!". I'm the one that goes to the beach to watch the outer bands of the hurricane come in, or stands on the porch to watch an amazing lightening storm. Whats the worst that can happen? I croak? Oh well.

Some of the "Behind the Name" explanations are interesting but some of the earlier explanations don't seen to apply since users have changed names.

Dune Elliot is my pen name under which I have authored and published two epic fantasy novels.

I'm tall, so Stretch has been a long time nickname. Plus, I hate coming up with names and this one's easy.  ;)

Queen said:
Not sure if you younger ones do this, but the older ones I know (my dad was famous for it) just take the r's you dropped elsewhere and randomly add them to other words.  "Let's order a peetzer (pizza)",  "we're driving over to Tamper (Tampa) today".
I call that the conservation of r's. Drop them where they belong and use them where they don't. Ha ha

Sent from my LG-US996 using Tapatalk

Latest posts