Who's behind your user name

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

decodancer

Reaction score
Bob remarked in another post that he wondered how some of the user names came about. I also try and figure out who the person behind the name is. Some are obvious, others not so much. I'll start... Deco was the name of my last Standard Poodle, dancer... well I love to dance but it actually started with a sport called canine freestyle where you "dance" with your dog. I'm female, 53 and currently live in a 28 foot TT in the Pocono Mountains in PA. with 3 Poodles. I'm also converting my 1987 Ford Econoline for full time traveling.

My middle name is Joseph (it's a family name) and I've had a long time fascination with Gypsy.

And I was wondering if it would be possible to change my user name. Was thinking of something like Mr Vantastic, or something like it.

Compass Rose is the name of our self converted school bus. The person who uses the name is a slightly crazy middle-aged woman who lives fulltime in a residential vehicle and works fulltime at a retail job. I really don't fit in any category or forum. I'm just waiting to get booted off this website because I'm not a "vandweller".

Rose....I see no reason to worry about getting "kicked off" around here.
Not only does your bus qualify (from my point of view), but you also make some valuable contributions to the site from your personal experience.

Rock on crazy woman :D:D:D

Bindi is an important part of our lives and a huge emotional support for me in particular. Our little spoiled brat comes first, so its, "Bindi & us".

If you have Netflix or some other way to watch old shows, check out "Harvey Birdman, Attorney at Law". It's a weird animated show where former super heroes and villains have moved on to become lawyers.

Reducto is one of the characters voiced by Stephen Colbert. He's an anxious little guy who likes things to be small. Everything except butts, which he likes big. It seemed to fit me somehow...

Uh.. I suppose it's cuz my name's.. Willy. Well, I've been called all sortsa other names thru the years, but this is a PG PC kinda place, so not naming names. ..Willy

Anyone named Steve will eventually be called "Steve-o-Reno". Hence the nickname,

If you read robert jordans The Wheel of Time, Dazar means Eagle in the Old Tongue, and Gaidin is a title given to great warriors who are bonded to and protect the magic users of that world, and means Brothers to Battle. I have used this name online since 1997 or so, when i joined an online BBS (what they used to call forums) for the books.

oh yeah, Im a 35 yr old guy...im not really sure what else to say about myself, and thats kinda sad i guess. :-\

I had a girlfriend that loved Arbys so we went to there a lot. The counter person always asks for a name to call when your order is ready. I got in the habit of doing random manners, just for kicks. Frank, Ragnar, Baboo, Spaz, even Hitler once (I know, tasteless!). But once I used Iggy and for some reason, my girlfriend couldn't stop giggling about it. It became what she always called me. Our friends started using it too. So there you are.
I'm 52, shaved head, with a few tattoos, no vices (including coffee), slow traveling in a cargo van on the west coast.

I've been playing role-playing games, such as, Dungeons & Dragons, Palladium Fantasy, GURPS and such for 25 years. Sephson is a character I created for Rifts the role-playing game about twenty years ago.

Tejas. . .the modern day Spanish spelling of Texas. . .or so I'm told.

Threads. . .well, I spin my own yarns (both on a spinning wheel and by storytelling) and weave fabric and tapestries.

Female, 56 (I think), and still house living. Paid off the last of my debt this month and I'm on a mission to raise the money for a cargo van to convert, and possibly a travel trailer to use as home base.

For anyone who might be interested - I spin on an older model Hitchhiker spinning wheel and weave on a Schacht Cricket Loom. Both small enough that they will easily make the transition to van dwelling.

Gypsy Silver - a song by a good Texas songwriter, Shake Russell :)

not the greatest video but here it is:

Great question! I'm enjoying reading the responses.

By accident, I discovered fulltime RVing. As I began to research the lifestyle, I came across vandwelling. I started to fantasize about my little dog and me travelling and living affordably. When I found this forum, my fantasy became my_vantasy!

I am a 50 year old female with a long coat chihuahua. We live in a sticks and bricks, but weekend in either our tent or old class C motorhome.

"Tejas" is a Native word used for the area we now call Texas. It was around even before the Spanish came, so there's nothing modern about it ;)

The actual origin is unknown, but the word is associated with "friends" or "friendship".
I grew up on horseback on a working cattle ranch in west Texas and the word "tejas" (ta-has) was sometimes used along with a passing wave among some of the old cowboys.

I'm a SciFi fan and watched Lost In Space as a kid. Back when it was black and white. No particular history to it.

I'm 68, male and lost anyway so the name fits.

I finally retired about a month ago. Will be gradually restoring a 1979 Bluebird Wanderloge on my farm. I hope to strap my dualsport Yamaha 225 on the back and explore the southwest. I've already fallen in love with Colorada for riding. So want to check out NM, AR and some others.

I tried to pick a name that accurately described me.

I am a sun bird, traveling north in the summer, currently in a camper van, and home to my off grid cabin down south in the winter.

So I guess the opposite of a snow bird, would be a sun bird.

I used to be Neverlanded which was the name of my boat. It fit my lifestyle to a T. I actually named the boat in honor of my Father who was always Peter Pan. Too many people thought it had something to do with Michael Jackson.