Who's behind your user name

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
CherTerr:

Cher; first four of first name
Terr; back in the early 90s I had a house full of Jack Russell Terriers, and do/did some dog training; and... Sold a lot of puppies.. Very carefully, to only the most scrutinized people ever to receive a dog!! (I had a lifetime return policy, too!:))

OH.. great thread, BTW!!:):) I've really enjoyed reading it.

Back when I worked as a mental health clinician, I worked with primarily mentally ill homeless adults; I had a client I'd worked endlessly with trying to get her housed.  She was a former prostitute and crack addict and even though she was in dire straight she still had plenty of 'tude, when I pointed out to her that she was required to pay the $23 a month rent she'd agreed to (part of a low income housing grant, they paid most if the client would pay a tiny sum), she told me "I AIN'T DOING SHIT, YOU SIT UP IN YOUR OFFICE LIKE YOU ALL QUEEN BITCH OF THE UNIVERSE AND SHIT".  One of my coworkers overheard this exchange and from that point on I was "Queen" and got memos addressed to QBOTU routinely.

I would have redone my business cards with 'Queen Bitch of the Universe' as my title  :cool:

-- Spiff

I got it (QBOTU) on my license plate.  :p

After a long stretch away from the site, I'm trying to catch up a bit and found this thread I started years ago. Still see some of you guys and gals on here but lot of new ones too. How bout you add your two cents.

There's somebody behind my username?????
I'm going to have to go look right now !!

Old thread revived.........I'll play..........

For years I moderated the BobVilaHomeImprovemnt Forum.....His old TV carpenter buddy was Norm Abram......I was not him so I became Abnorm.......It's been my online username since.........

I also fit the Young Frankenstein profile of "Ab-Normal"............it works for me !.............doug

From Dr Suisses ABZ book. Z is for Zizzer Zazzer Zuz and tjat's me!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I've been a concrete finisher for a good part of my life. My partner and I were out in the middle of a basement slab and the builder came by to check on us. He called us a couple of mudbunnies hopping on his slab and we kind of took to the name. I use the name on a couple other forums too.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

V Twin, the Harley motor. Mine was kick start so vtwinkicker. Rode for 30+ years. Had 4 Harleys over that time span.

Attachments

• OldnNew.jpg
    OldnNew.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 16
Blanch is a very old nickname from high school. I was once also known as "Blanch the poet". I haven't done much in the way of poetry lately, but I still have friends who call me Blanch.

I am full time in a TT and Ford F-250 tow vehicle, currently sitting in dry dock parked in front of my sons house, trying to get repairs finished and my health back in good enough shape to return to the road. May 4th is the anticipated date of my departure, my fingers are crossed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When I was in the Air Force we used to say "close enough for government work".  I used to say "close enough for the girls I run with".
Later I would just say close enough for about anything I did because I never have been a perfectionist.  Then one day a friend of mine told me a story about an old West Texas cattle buyer and an experience with a gal he was trying to pick up and the punchline was closeanuf.  Every time we see each other our greeting is "closeanuf" and about that time I got on this forum and my name is closeanuf.

My last job was... chasing trains. I hauled rail crews (mostly engineers and conductors) between rail yards and trains, hotels and trains, steam plants and trains, shipping ports and trains, accidents and trains, and trains and trains. The guys I transported were great, the company I worked for (called Poorly Trained Idiots by the crews) was the worst, EVER.

Name is Daniel, nobody ever called me that. It was either Danny or something vulgar. Last initial is B, 1954 the year I was born, (but don't tell anybody).

Baloo is my favorite cartoon character. Have a Baloo tattoo! The "bare necessities" just makes sense. Even if I do seem to go way beyond them with my converted ambulance. The guy behind the name, me, is tired of the "American Dream" of two cars in every garage and a white picket fence around the perfect oversized house. I work in the aviation maintenance industry as a production Manager and will one day run away from normality...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Outdoor due to spending more time in nature, less in the city. For FT for full time.

My great granddad was a cotton share-cropper, and when  his youngest was born with a full head of blonde hair, he was named Cotton.  When I was born with a full head of blonde hair, I guess Granddad convinced my mom & dad that I should be named accordingly ...Mamma said it was either gonna be that or "Caboose" because I was definitely gonna be the last one  :D  Texas is where I live, and I just threw the two together because I was too lazy to get any more creative than that.  *shrug*  Cotton