Which plan now? 2, 3, 10, 25...

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jacksonricher

Reaction score
When started out with this idea I made a plan. Learned a little the. Changed the plan, learned more and changed again. 
Well now it is reality, I have a Ford, 2004 E250 with a high top roof. It used to be a wheel chair lift van. I got the lift out a couple of days ago to a young team that need it for their project. My illness sent me to the hospital for a few day but now I am back in my van.

Looking back at all my plans nothing is close except the van, wohoo.
The conditions to work on the van I am not able to to do much so that's changing. Living like this forced live situation is good and making some positive changes to my plans.
I  slowly coming around to a reality plan and many of those pictures on Pinterest are expensive and pro's doing it. So, A: I am not a pro and B: I do not have the funds for those cool tricks and fancy woods etc.
This van will take several years if I plan to live in it and build and trail.
I am making priority list. Drilling down to essential things then the next leval gets a start.
My plans have changed through the alphabet I don't know how many times lol.
My point in all this is prepare and be flexible. When I start with zero and just a car for three adults and acata it is stressful. Then after many calls iamgiven afreevan, the my kids move out and Bata bing I am living in my van.
Is it how I planned l not in the least. Am I ready to give up, heck no! Would I do it differently next time, it's already done and I am moving forward from here.
In a few days I will feelbetterf and finish cleaning out the van and getting a free couch to sleep on if I can't score a bed mattress first.
Then piece by piece it will come together.
It all started with my dreams and vision and then I made the decision to do it. 
Stick with your plans until you need to do adjustments. But stick to the plan with adjustments. Nothing great is accomplished without a plan and adjustments while going forward. You can do it, be safe and be real.

I  Jackso Richer

Some storage crates with a piece of plywood over them and a mattress will make a bed. Add a cooler, stove and bucket, now you have a camper. Some people even do without a cooler.