Where do you live most of the time when you`re out Trekking

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trekking

Reaction score
Sorry for a lot of questions, but I am learning a lot from you folks.

For you full timers do you spend most of your time in the cities, out in the country boondocking, BLM land, campgrounds, Walmart when chillin for the night/ Sleeping.

We do a lot of wandering around the country and really enjoy all of the cultural attractions that cities have to offer so we often spend the night in big box store lots. We usually spend just a few nights in one location so even though we might be visiting the same city for a week or two we're rarely in the same lot for a long time. When we're out in the countryside we boondock on BLM land and in national forests. When it's absolutely necessary we stay in public campgrounds. Our monthly camping costs come to about $40.00 a month so it mostly boondocking and blacktop camping.

I mostly hang out in cities. Sometimes will go to camp sites in the "boonies". I define boonies as any area where my Verizon signal gets lost, haha!

100% of my time is on Public land (National Forest or BLM desert land) unless I am visiting with my mom.
Bob

little here, a little there.....walmart..Depot and larger parking in the cities....alot of rural boondocking.

I try to keep from RV parks but twice a month and keep those visits as low as possible. I usually only pay stay to dump waste , make sure batteries are fully charged and take on fresh water

I prefer boondocking and flea markets that allow overnites.....
Im in an RV so city parking is limited....but I can go 2 weeks without needing fuel or water to be taken on !!