What do you think of this van?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That was all the money I had (outside of a prudent emergency fund) so it doesn't really matter how inconvenient it is, I simply couldn't afford it.

Like most vandwellers, I have more time than money.When it comes time to redo all that stuff, I'll have plenty of time to go around, but must wait to have the money.

I was very happy to turn 62. Social security is just around the corner.
You should be able to do some projects then.

DannyB1954 said:
I have seen some very nice home made high tops. I have considered getting a row boat and turning it upside down and mounting it. Problem there is getting the right sized boat. Stitch and glue boat building is not hard. Maybe that is a way to go. Another ting that comes to mind is make one out of foam and then do either fiberglass, or the window screen and gripper primer.

I wouldn't want to go this route on a nice new van like Bob has.  Trouble with boats is water proofing it between the boat and van with out coming up with some sort of funky work around as it's not going to be a nice custom fit like a fiberglass top made specifically for it.

Bob, just saw your van in Carolyn's video and it looks fantastic!!!! She said it was a secret, but it's out of the bag now :)