Looking at Conversion Vans and have no idea what is good price

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They should, and more important, if the deal is flaky, the seller will probably not want to do it that way

PineyCruisin said:
We've been searching around and have noticed that there are absolutely no guidelines for fair price regarding conversion vans.
I feel you pain on that point. I've been looking at class B's on my local Craigslist. Did some online searching and found the local ads seem to be several thousand above what I am seeing on the internet. Not sure why that is unless some folks want to get more money for their rig than they paid several years ago. I have 1 1/2 to 2 years till retirement so I going to keep looking and inspecting local vehicles.

@KnoxAl yep....I'm also finding that the same age/mileage vans were selling much, much cheaper just 5 yrs ago in the same area (data taken from the forums I've been searching and what was considered "a deal" at the time). When we went to the RV show in AC just last month, we noticed the new but much much smaller Class B's (17-24 ft) were just as much, if not even more expensive, than the humungus class A's.

If I had to guess, it appears there is an explosion in interest/demand in smaller RVs, and hence, camper vans.