Prices for used vans have skyrocketed! Any ideas for buying a used TALL VAN for less?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I found photos on-line of RAM Promaster Window Vans going back to 2015. Or were you speaking of completely kitted out passenger vans ? (and even the window vans were avail with rows of passenger seats installed from various dealers or third party outfitters).

View attachment 31089
That is a picture of a cargo van with windows. The Promaster is not available as a passenger van.
Since you don't seem to believe me, here is the link to the RAM website, it shows that there are two models, cargo and crew:
https://www.ramtrucks.com/ram-promaster.html
All cargo vans can be ordered with windows. The Sprinter and Transit cargo vans can be optioned with windows in select locations or windows all around. All passenger vans are window vans, but not all window vans are passenger vans.

FYI for those considering ordering a new Sprinter or Transit. The manufacturer's website configurator shows only a fraction of the available options. The Sprinter Dealer Ordering Guide (~200 pages) or Transit Order Guide (~50 pages) are IMHO, essential tools. For example, the Transit passenger van can be ordered with 2, 5, 8, 10, 12, 14, or 15 seats, but the web configurator only shows 14 and 15. It can also be ordered with the Builder's Prep Pkg, which has the typical accoutrements of a passenger van minus rear seats and seat attachment points (which is different than the 2 seat option).

I spent more than a year investigating (including an embarrassing number of hours pouring over the order guides) before buying my van. I know more about how Transit and Sprinter vans are optioned than the sales people working at the dealerships. For them it's just a job, for me it was an obsession.