Vaccinations for van dwellers

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm currently in New Mexico waiting on being able to get it the vaccine. I'm 35 so I expected to be waiting for a while. I did have a small window to getting it in Arizona before the end of winter as the age group went down to only 18+ but I'm comfortable waiting.

I have the luxury of being remote in my minivan so I can wait and let those who desperately need it more working as an essential worker or somebody in an urban city still can get it first.

I have gotten a few notifications of time windows to get it from the NMDOH but they seem to fill up within seconds, plus I probably should be waiting since I can go without... but I am getting a bit antsy and excited to get my shot.

Not sure how getting the vaccine is going to line up with my camping schedule just yet but likely I will be making special trips just for those shots. It's so sad to see what is going on in the rest of the world and what has happened here and continues to happen. Deffently a period in time it will be nice to only have to see in the rearview mirror.

If I get an appointment I will have to research more about the process. I was able to register in New Mexico even though im not a citizen of the state.

A mobile FEMA vaccination unit will be in Pahrump today, Friday and Saturday. First come, first serve. One-shot J&J
https://www.pahrumpnv.org/CivicAlerts.aspx?AID=99

"Nevada, FEMA launch Mobile Vaccination Units to help facilitate equitable access to COVID-19 Vaccines. The FEMA Mobile Vaccination Unit will be in Pahrump in front of the Bob Ruud Community Center at Highway 160 and Basin Avenue. 
  • Thursday, April 8th, 11 am to 7 pm
  • Friday, April 9th, 7 am to 7 pm
  • Saturday, April 10th, 7 am to 3 pm
The mobile units will be offering the one-shot Janssen vaccine and will be provided to walk-up registrants on a first-come, first-served basis. The Janssen vaccine is available to those 18 and older.
Will provide times and locations for Beatty (April 12), Goldfield in Esmeralda County (April 14), Tonopah (April 16), and Round Mountain (April 18) when they become available."

Just got Shot #2 and yes it is an enormous relief.

Now I will still wear a mask and stay 6 feet apart in crowded situations, and I am not yet ready to see a movie in a theater. But this summer, I will be able to hug my sisters and close friends, who have all been vaccinated, and that is HUGE.

I got the Johnson and Johnson vaccine (single shot) last monday. No side effects.

tonyandkaren said:
We got our first Moderna shots yesterday at the Walmart in Pahrump. Just a bit sore at the injection local on our arms and no other symptoms.
We received vaccine record cards so we can go to almost any place that is giving vaccines for our second shot - no need to stay in Pahrump for a month.
Nevada has lowered the age to 16 so everyone can get vaccinated.
Not me.

Sent from my moto g stylus using Tapatalk

CVS and Walgreens are empty now where I live. There were lines around the store. Where are you exactly? I don’t know of any madhouses anymore. Odd. Everyone who wants a vaccination has gotten one in my area of Los Angeles. Perhaps I can give you directions.
Now the question is, when will we stop being tightly locked down?
Edit: I happen  to know quite a bit about this “miracle” cancer treatment. In fact it worked on one of the guys in my cancer support group who was in hospice dying (bladder cancer) BUT he is in the top 5% of successes in the state of California with the treatment  called cancer immunotherapy or cancer immunology. It doesn’t work on most people. I truly hate when people give out wrong information on such a brutal disease that still has the same 5 year check up to be considered in remission. I’ve lost about 12 friends to this hellish illness and no they are not generally using immunology as a treatment at this time. Only on a few people. And I live where 3 of the top ten medical centers in the country are.
 When it does it’s miraculous but it isn’t anywhere close to being a cure and it certainly has no better success rate than chemo (which I will die before I do-too many long term side effects among other reasons) So no more misinformation please. This was a post about an apparent lack of ability to get vaccinated in Los Angeles and if I know where she is I can help her get a vaccine in minutes.

I would not recommend taking an mRNA or rDNA or pDNA injection which creates S1 spike protein epitopes which cross react with native proteins and can lead to autoimmune disease for syncytin-1, ACE2, plus possibly others, 28 known so far; plus  Antibody Dependent Enhancement/cytokine storm known with reexposure to wild type coronavirus, plus unknown intercolation into the genome.  The neurological toxicities are not looking good, plus the generated proteins may be polymorphs with prion behavior.  Check out on VAERS, the FDA tracking site, over 40,000 adverse drug reaction events in the US since 12/15/20, close to 3,000 deaths, and FDA is not following up on any of them.  Very disappointing.  There are NO LONG TERM SAFETY STUDIES.  Louanidis, Ph.D. of Stanford (epidemiologist) puts survival above 99%.

The lipid micelles can cross into the nucleus where there are reverse transcriptases, so transfection could occur.
This article shows they are using mRNA for genome editing.

Charge-altering releasable transporters (CARTs) for the delivery and release of mRNA in living animals
Colin J. McKinlay, Jessica R. Vargas, Timothy R. Blake, Jonathan W. Hardy, Masamitsu Kanada, Christopher H. Contag, Paul A. Wender, and Robert M. Waymouth
PNAS January 24, 2017 114 (4) E448-E456; first published January 9, 2017; https://doi.org/10.1073/pnas.1614193114
Functional delivery of mRNA to tissues in the body is key to implementing fundamentally new and potentially transformative strategies for vaccination, protein replacement therapy, and genome editing, collectively affecting approaches for the prevention, detection, and treatment of disease.

Plus, 10-40% of our genome is virome from previous retroviral transfections! So obviously "it happens".

If they were able to spot 6 reports of blood clotting incidents of which one resulted in a death out of 7 million vaccinations I would say they are doing a pretty good job. Granted there may be more but suspending vaccinations seems to show they are being cautious to an extreme in my opinion as the deaths from Covid are a much greater number.

I know that shot hurt way less than a tube down my throat. I’m high risk and the risk of dying was much higher than the risking dying from the vaccine. Not to mention the amounts of later reactions people are getting from the virus.

Half a million died.

Yes, half a million in the USA alone.
3 million worldwide, so far.
Every one of them sombody's baby. It's just so staggering to think about, but those people and their families surely deserve, at the least, our thoughts.

Looking forward to my second jab on the 30th, after which I expect not to get covid, and just as important- not to give it to anyone.

After having Covid my son had several serious long term problems. Since he completed his 2 shot vaccination they seem to be slowly going away! Hopefully he will be fully recovered soon.

Sorry to hear that he had long term problems. Hope they all get resolved.

He has really improved since taking the vaccine, not sure why but grateful!

crofter said:
Yes, wow a cure for cancer.  That future generations may be able to avoid the horrible disease cancer by using this type of mRNA vaccine. 

Yet I do understand that some people will prefer to suffer an agonizing fate rather than to get a shot. As long as a person is sane, medical treatments are still voluntary in the US. Some other countries this is not so.
-crofter

And I am Legend

Brain fog, problems focusing his eyes, most of his dizzy spells and all of his blood pressure related spells. He still gets fatigued rather easily and an a dizzy spell. Doctors found some scarring in his brain they believe where Covid attacked it but it was minor and they said it was possible he would recover over time but for whatever reasons he seemed to start improving about two weeks after getting the second shot of vaccine.

I've had both shots of Moderna as of Friday the 16th. I went through a lot of crap to get them but without boring anyone with the details, I'd do again tomorrow if I had to. On May 1st, I can get back together with my life as I once knew it.

It's no longer my concern what others do or don't do concerning the vaccine. I have my own ass covered and as as with most things, that's the best I can do.

If it changed my DNA it's not so that I notice it. I'm honkin' on a cigarette, drinking coffee and getting my daily fill of the internet as usual. 

Beautiful weather up here near Kingman. It's 68 degrees in the van and the living is easy