Unlimited AT&T $20 a month

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Florida Boondocker reminded me of my lack of manners, Thanks Jim for the information.

You are welcome all and I appreciate knowing the threads are helping people.

Jim, finally got all the passwords changed and working. Just ran a speed test, 10mg down, 3mg up.....Not bad. Not bad at all.

jimindenver said:
I wanted to update this. I have been saying that the 17th was the cutoff for getting a Mobley at $20 a month unlimited. Since then the page you order the Mobley from shows $0 for the monthly cost and you can not progress past that point. I hope those that got one enjoy them as much as I have mine.

Mobley offer is still valid. They must push another marketing date when the last one expires. I checked the other day.

https://www.att.com/devices/zte/mobley.html#sku=sku7700323

That is great. Today it let me past the plan/protection page where it then showed me $20 a month.

Glad it's still going thought my brother was going to be to slow on the draw.
This is what I bought to power it. From Ebay $50.84 with shipping, pricey but it comes with USB, AC wall and DC ciggy connectors.
Shipped fast and so far so good.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/252916094021

I just chatted with an online CS .
The deal is still going on , she said that they are out of stock a lot !
two ways to go.
$0 down and $20 a month w/a $45 activation chg w/2 yr contract
or
$99.99 to buy it , no contract and $20 a month still w/$45 activation

ONLY available online , not in the store!

I just spent 3 hours of my life on the phone trying to become a customer.

I tried to order the ZTE mobley online....their website failed BUT..it ran a credit check on me...then failed to process my card.

I called my credit card....they  assured me AT&T never made the contact for processing.
I called AT&T ...after being on hold for 45 minutes...the agent went through the whole thing again,  including yet another credit check.    Then...tells me they cannot sell this device...it is online only.    I never said I wanted her to do anything except figure out why the website failed

The she transferred me to another department.   After another 30 minutes on hold...come to find out she transferred me to a strictly internal number...no, the wouldn't not help me.

I called back...after another 15 minutes on hold...the agency was completely unable to understand me.   (Like her failure to understand English is somehow my fault...who hires these people?).  

Ok..I hung up.    Clearly AT&T wants to make sure I am not a customer.   

What's next?

Try using the online chat as you go through the process on the website.

I got mine last week :)  another big thank you to jimindenver
The only issue I'm having with it - and I'm using a USB adapter from ebay - is that it will shut down periodically.  Anyone else have that problem? 
I haven't yet run it directly from the OBD port for any length of time, so I don't know if it's the device or the adapter.

JIm. The problem was that their software did not actually connect with my credit card company..just dropped the message "card denied". It was the online chat that gave me the 800 number to contact

On a good day these people are merely useless.

So, where do you think I should go next? AT&T got 3 shots to do a simple sale...they simply could not manage it.

mayble said:
I got mine last week :)  another big thank you to jimindenver
The only issue I'm having with it - and I'm using a USB adapter from ebay - is that it will shut down periodically.  Anyone else have that problem? 
I haven't yet run it directly from the OBD port for any length of time, so I don't know if it's the device or the adapter.

Mine started shutting down today, have to unug the USB and plug it back in.  I'll do some troubleshooting tomorrow.  I know I originally had it set to never shut down, but haven't verified that it wasn't changed.  I seem to have a neighbor who likes to jump on my hotspots.  I now have this one locked down to one device.  I'll get back into the admin page and verify all my settings.  I did name the ssid to an official sounding agency like name hoping to scare off my new 'friend'.

shadowmoss said:
Mine started shutting down today, have to unug the USB and plug it back in. 

I believe they stop working after 18 hours or maybe its 24 hours, a simple power off and back on gets it going again.

I think, but cant be sure, that its the network towers that do that. Its called 'lease time'.

tx2sturgis said:
I believe they stop working after 18 hours or maybe its 24 hours, a simple power off and back on gets it going again.

I think, but cant be sure, that its the network towers that do that. Its called 'lease time'.

Mine shuts off after maybe an hour or so.  Hitting the reset button gets it going again.

VanKitten said:
JIm.  The problem was that their software did not actually connect with my credit card company..just dropped the message "card denied".   It was the online chat that gave me the 800 number to contact

On a good day these people are merely useless.

So, where do you think I should go next?   AT&T got 3 shots to do a simple sale...they simply could not manage it.

Kat

It took me a few weeks of calling, ordering, and eventually I drove a hour and a half. Even then it took a hour talking face to face with a person to get my ordered.  Some people it is a breeze and others have to prove their worthiness it seems. Just keep trying.

I have mine set to never shut off but that doesn't mean that it is not helpful to restart it and get a fresh connection to the tower every so often. That and remember that AT&T thinks these are in cars. They are probably wondering just how much time people spend in their cars anyways. lol. I do tend to unplug the booster and hotspots at night to let them cool down and save power.

I assume I have either a defective device or adapter.
Unless it's set to turn off after 1 hour, which would make no sense.

Unless changed it will shut off shortly after it senses what it thinks is the car shutting down.

It was my understanding that the timeout was for after power was shut off.
This thing shuts off whether it's plugged into a wall socket or a power pack, so it isn't a matter of low or no power.  It just seems odd to be set to shut off in such a short time, especially if it's being marketed to keep the kids entertained on road trips.  Pulling the plug on the rugrats mid-movie seems like a really bad idea.
I will investigate further when I have time, I just thought someone else might have run across the same issue.  So far it's not a big deal to hit "reset" and keep going.  Just a minor annoyance.