AT&T Mobley $20 a month plan is back!

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Headache

Reaction score
As was mentioned in the Mobley broke thread the AT&T Mobley Connected Car plan is back for a LIMITED TIME!

There are a few changes now since the old one, the most annoying being that you can't set it to stay on all the time anymore.  It shuts off after 2 hours.  ALL Mobleys are getting this hardware update.

Here's the original thread from Howard Forums where I first read about it:

https://howardforums.com/showthread...month-!!!!?s=3af4bc3498f4e75bb729be24b1c1112b

Here's a very instructional guide on how to get it.  Follow it just like it describes:

https://www.rvmobileinternet.com/at...e-via-uconnect-chrysler-mopar-email-campaign/

And of course the video:

The Mobley plugs in to cars with OBD II diagnostic ports but fear not!  There are adapters that can be purchased to get around that.  I'm waiting for my USB one to be shipped from Amazon.  No more mooching interwebs from poor Jim!

As I stated above follow the instructions as described.  I called the first number to the AT&T promotional department and got through right away.  The CS rep wanted to send me to the Connected Car department and I had to stop them because it's a special promotion that's not implemented by that department.  I mentioned it's a Dodge thing and she found it that way.

She made a mistake when signing me up and put me on a plan that's $7.50 a month for 2years for the Mobley.  DON'T DO IT!  This a FREE promotion!  You have to commit to a 2 year contract to get it free.  For that price and all the internet I've enjoyed it's completely worth it for me.  But if they try to get you on the $7.50 a month one be nice but be insistent.  I had a completely awesome CS rep named Marni.  She actually called me back and got me set up right after realizing her mistake.

Anyway, let me stress again that this is a LIMITED TIME OFFER!  I missed out the first time and have been kicking myself in the teeth since!  I jumped on this as soon as I was able to.  I'll post again after activating the device.

Good luck and enjoy!!

PS: This is a stand alone WiFi hot spot plan and you don't have to be an AT&T wireless customer to get it. After checking out my December Verizon bill and discovering I had used 197gb I'm going to love this service and it has better coverage than my PCs for People WiFi hot spot.

Headache said:
As was mentioned in the Mobley broke thread the AT&T Mobley Connected Car plan is back for a LIMITED TIME!

There are a few changes now since the old one, the most annoying being that you can't set it to stay on all the time anymore.  It shuts off after 2 hours.  
What happens after 2 hours? Do you just restart?

Yes, just cycle it off and on or start the truck.

That said, mine rarely shuts off and checking the settings had it set to 30 minutes.

That $7.50 a month I mentioned was for the Mobley in addition to the $20 a month for service. Sorry I wasn't clearer about that.

I think I have figured out a way to beat the two hour timeout. The Mobley is a dumb device as there are only the two power connections connected. A car's battery at rest is probably <12.7V and when running is probably >13.2v. This would mean that when the car is running, the voltage is higher thus turning on the Mobley and when the car is stopped, as the voltage falls to whatever the threshold is, the timer starts. If booted from a 12V source, it is enough to run it but the timer starts immediately. These are just my theories so far but the new adapter has it running well.

The original USB to Mobley adapter I had put out 12V regulated (measured with Mobley disconnected) and the new timer would turn it off. I went on Amazon and got one that puts out 14V https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0721RYJ9T/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00__o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1). This one has run my Mobley for at least 18 hours now with no disconnects. Down in the fine print at the bottom it says it puts out 14V but my meters probes are too big to get into it to measure exacts. I am hoping this is the answer.

The one I linked to seems to be the ticket. I finally just unplugged it and started using the house internet. It's 100MB down:)

I'm sorry I haven't updated this thread but shortly after my Mobley arrived the special was over. The explanation from one of the stores was that AT&T was getting away from ZTE products because the new tariffs made them too expensive for the quality.

I wont get into the hell I went through with customer service but after almost a month and a stop at an AT&T store its finally working. Now I'll be happy when I get that adapter so I can get through a movie that's over 2 hours.

This thread won't be updated by me after this post. Please edit the title saying it's over if you have time you wonderful mods you. Thanks!