The Red , White and Blue

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rvpopeye

Reaction score
Did you ever notice that the colors red , white and blue represent freedom ............
unless they are lights behind your vehicle !

Did you know, in Illinois, you cannot run a blue light on your vehicle if you're in a city with a population of more than 500,000.

glad he stopped me to tell me my brake lights where not working,could of been rear ended

In Michigan no vehicle is permitted to display any type of blue light except LEOs. If you see a blue light in your rear view mirror, you can bet it's not a good deal at Walmart!

speedhighway46 said:
In Michigan no vehicle is permitted to display any type of blue light except LEOs. If you see a blue light in your rear view mirror, you can bet it's not a good deal at Walmart!

Volunteer firefighters use them all over IL, just not in Chicago, they're reserved for the po-po up there.

Did you know it’s illegal to drive in Massachusetts with a gorilla in the backseat of your car?

In Scituate, Rhode Island, it is illegal to drive with beer in your vehicle even if it is unopened

In Hilton Head, South Carolina, it is illegal to store trash in your vehicle due to rat problems.

Hi These are fascinating. I always want to know the back story behind the law. After all they must have been some reason they were passed.
Bast

GotSmart said:
In Scituate, Rhode Island, it is illegal to drive with beer in your vehicle even if it is unopened

How does anyone drive home from the grocery store? :huh:

Queen said:
Did you know, in Illinois, you cannot run a blue light on your vehicle if you're in a city with a population of more than 500,000.

In Massachusetts can't have a blue light period unless your emergency personal.  My grandfather was medical examiner back in the 80's.  We found his flashing blue light in the closet one day and decided to have some fun when I first got my driver's license.  Stuck it to my roof and we went blasting into all the parking lots and back woods areas one weekend night we knew everyone hung out at.  Kids running around and were throwing stuff in all sorts of panic.  Of course afterwards they all acted like they weren't scared and what not.

Some of those laws are pretty crazy, but to be honest, some of them make a lot of sense

Every Road Leads Home said:
In Massachusetts can't have a blue light period unless your emergency personal.  My grandfather was medical examiner back in the 80's.  We found his flashing blue light in the closet one day and decided to have some fun when I first got my driver's license.  Stuck it to my roof and we went blasting into all the parking lots and back woods areas one weekend night we knew everyone hung out at.  Kids running around and were throwing stuff in all sorts of panic.  Of course afterwards they all acted like they weren't scared and what not.

Reminds me of the time some High schoolers were checking out one guy they believed to be a narc for the cops, so they passed around the word there was going to be massive kegger at this one location...200 kids were involved in the joke and yep, cops swarmed in to find the kids drinking....SODA....

The cops were FURIOUS with the kids for pulling the stunt.......I thought it was a great prank...

Latest posts