Vehicle may be making me sick,?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I 'm watching TV News right now and they are reporting a recall of "Pinesol" cleaner regarding a bacteria contamination.

Benzine is a carcinogen (cancer causing) chemical that is showing up in toiletries recently. FDA cannot recall it as the law(s) won't allow it. It has to go thru special legal channels. Benzine is a by product of petroleum distillation and shows up in a lot of products.

Household cleaning products have long been known to contain heavy metals.

Pinesol Cleaner Recall.

Hazardous Chemicals in cleaning supplies

Last edited:
There are lots of options for natural cleaning solutions. Castile soap, baking soda, vinegar. But do not heat vinegar as the sting hot hot fumes can irritate your breathing. Just dilute it with cold tap water and use a rag instead of a sprayer. In fact if you are chemically sensitive do not atomize anything with a sprayer. Just stick to dipping a rag in the liquid and wringing it out so it is not dripping wet. Then follow with wiping with a rinse water rag. Next use a dry cloth. That way you will not be breathing in fumes or leaving cleaning agent residues behind on surfaces.

Traditional cleaning does not come with the modern chemical miracle claims of being both quickly and easy. It takes time and care. Do not let impatience ruin your goals.

Last edited:
I did find an apartment in a sierra vista,Arizona that would take section 8 and the manager mentioned transferring it between housing authorities and they should be able to get me in

It would be cold in the winter though at 4,500 ft elevation
If the apts have electric baseboard heating you wouldn't need to run a HVAC system blower.

It seems you prefer hotter climes but in SV it would be VERY hot in summer and you would have to run the A/C.

Or escape to the mountains as many do.

Last edited:
Hello Guys and Gals a little over a week ago I hired someone to do an interior cleaning as the vehicle was very dirty from the inside

The guy vacuumed the carpets then noticed did ALOT of spraying using cleaning materials to make the dashboard as well front and back leather seats shiny

There were flies in the vehicle that are gone now

I suspect that the vehicle may be contaminated with cleaning chemicals/pesticides as I haven't been the same ever since

It's 2011 crv and runs very good.I am in the benson,az area and may need to get rid of it

Sore throat,odd sensations and tingling and skipped heart beats I notice

Doctor in urgent care gave me amoxocillin
[white spots on back of throat]

Plates for california expire January and I'm thinking to trade this in possibly for a cargo van

Kelly blue book value around 4k

Yesterday I saw a Toyota corrlla vehicle on sale for 1800 with no leather and likely not contaminated .

I saw it parked in a lot as I wdrove to Sierra vista,Az

Will trade for any vehicle that doesn't mak w me sick but prefer something larger than my 2011 crv for more space

With only California registration that has me as registered owner but title I accidently washed away in Florida after my dad signed off the title to me before we left California

Is trading this thing a possibility with just registration?

Thought about asking the owner for a trade as im really concerned about the vehicles effect on my health

I was considering heading east to try and renew my section 8 apartment as the lease in Florida will be up

Now I don't even feel safe to do this with what's been happening.

Appreciate it any suggestions?
If a vehicle has been cleaned with pesticides, it is best to get away from it as soon as possible. You haven't shown any symptoms of it, so chances are that you are going to be alright. However, in future, it would be better to not assume that a vehicle is clean because it got a vacuum cleaner. You must take a thorough look before concluding that it is indeed clean and start driving.

My thought on trying to trade a title-less vehicle for a van, which is what the OP says he wants to do, is that he wants to live and travel in whatever he trades for.

It would seem unlikely that he could obtain a quality vehicle in this manner, also perhaps without a title.

Not sure what is being argued here, or what the point is.

Just sayin’.

My thought on trying to trade a title-less vehicle for a van, which is what the OP says he wants to do, is that he wants to live and travel in whatever he trades for.

It would seem unlikely that he could obtain a quality vehicle in this manner, also perhaps without a title.

Not sure what is being argued here, or what the point is.

Just sayin’.
Nothing is being argued.

Sometimes people simply get stuck in their life problems and forums have no solutions offered that the individual thinks are viable for them.