Wiener crossed the rainbow bridge

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Headache

Reaction score
To those of you who knew my mini wiener Lily, I've some heartbreaking news to share.

A few hours ago we said goodbye to her and held her as she died in our arms. While under conservative treatment for IVDD, she developed sneezing and then a few days ago coughing. This afternoon she went from being super happy when my fiance got home from work today, to heavily labored breathing and almost as if she couldn't see anymore. Her gums turned blue. We knew her life was slipping away.

We took her to the local emergency vet hospital to find that her lungs had filled with fluid. Her heart was failing. It was time.

Michael is taking this very hard as am I. But to tell you that she was daddy's girl is an understatement. Despite all the years I had devoted to her and all that she/we survived together, when she met him it was over. That little traitor fell in love with him on sight same as I did 43 years ago.

I thank all of you who had a little part in her life. She was so happy camping at the LTVA. She enjoyed meeting new people and especially loved getting everyone to pet her. I loved that little smelly wiener and now there's a hole in my heart. It's going to be a little bit more lonely when we get to camp again.

Hug your critters again. You never know when it will be the last time you do.

Attachments

• IMG_20220623_123358577_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20220623_123358577_HDR.jpg
    4.7 MB · Views: 3
  • IMG_20221029_122312271_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20221029_122312271_HDR.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20211027_124446169.jpg
    IMG_20211027_124446169.jpg
    5.3 MB · Views: 1
I'm sorry to hear that. The happiness and memories she brings to you will remain in your heart forever.

I'm so sorry. Our furkids snuggle right into our hearts, and we miss them so much when they go. Lily was much loved and you gave her such a good life. May your memories be a comfort.

So sad. I remember giving her one of my little dog's jackets (sweater maybe?) that had gotten too small for my dog, and I think it was a good fit for little Lily.

Such a sweetheart of a dog. Always wagging that little tail.

R.I.P. Lily.

So sad. I remember giving her one of my little dog's jackets (sweater maybe?) that had gotten too small for my dog, and I think it was a good fit for little Lily.

Such a sweetheart of a dog. Always wagging that little tail.

R.I.P. Lily.
It was a jacket. Replaced some Velcro with some snaps and she was still wearing it. Thank you so much!

That tail didn't stop wagging until a few hours before her death. When she stopped wagging we paid closer attention because she was always very happy when Michael paid attention to her. Thankfully it was fast(12 hours). Little suffering until the last 2 hours. Hell even with the IVDD and her rear being mostly paralyzed she didn't stop wagging. Happiest dog I've ever laid eyes on. It was like she just chalked up the paralysis to details and kept on trucking.

I'm grateful she was well liked in the community.

Hug your critters again. You never know when it will be the last time you do.
That is heart-breaking news. I am so sorry for your loss. Though I never met your sweet Lily, I've lost fur-babies and they do leave a hole in your heart. Sending good juju to all who knew and loved her. I will continue hugging my critter at every opportunity.

I'm so sorry for your loss. We lost Buster to cancer & Annie a 4 YO German Shepard just didn't wake up one morning. I cried over them more than when my folks died. Stay Strong!

Yesterday we picked up her little pawprint in ceramic and some clippings from her coat. Then I started looking for another wiener. The circle of life. He said he didn't care of it was a mutt but I know better. He'll never forget the way those eyes gazed up at him...