The Fat Van

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Gary68 said:
just got a freakin jury summons for mid next month,lets see if my"death penalty?yea,just shot them in the head" comment will get me excused again

My favorite theoretical "cancel jury duty" method is to bring two or three bullets, just hold them in your hand, and kind of juggle them around, tossing them up an inch or two into the air and catching them. You know, one of those mindless things like spinning a pen in one hand or doodling or tapping a pencil on a desk. 

I've heard it works like a charm.

Tom

highdesertranger said:
I would never bring ammo into a courthouse.  highdesertranger

Oh no, somebody is wearing his post-9/11, no sense of humor hat.

Tom

I always show up for jury duty and they either settle or I never get picked.

For any fiberglass repair I rely on my good buddy MarineTex. Love that stuff. You can paint it too. It's bondo for fiberglass.

Headache said:

For any fiberglass repair I rely on my good buddy MarineTex.  Love that stuff.  You can paint it too.  It's bondo for fiberglass.

it's contempt of court if i dont show up so..

replaced the old fridge vent with the lid off a washing machine

jVnCZf8.jpg

with the walls off i could see that the stock vent was leaking pretty good from wind blow rain

Gary68 said:
replaced the old fridge vent with the lid off a washing machine

with the walls off i could see that the stock vent was leaking pretty good from wind blow rain

You go, MacGyver!

Tom

Headache said:

For any fiberglass repair I rely on my good buddy MarineTex.  Love that stuff.  You can paint it too.  It's bondo for fiberglass.

They also have one for aluminum.   I first encountered it when I was doing actual boat repairs.    Using it now on the RV

Gary68 said:
got this in today
s-l500.jpg

http://www.ebay.com/itm/390766898277?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

the product needs to be 80 degrees and ambient temps at least 60

but all thing must stop as i deal with a not working so good septic system,the water level in the tank is just to high,going to add a little "helper" drain field to lower the water level a few inches,going to be one shitty job

Cool, but be careful -- if it's anything like the spray foam in the can at Home Despot, nothing on Earth removes it.  Use lots of paper and masking tape.  Oh, and rubber gloves. :)

Tom

That foam is not like the stuff from a can at Home Depot. The two part A/B foam is the real stuff, which works much better, and is way harder to clean. It's also closed cell and (in theory) not a sponge for water the way the rattle can stuff can be.

I've insulated rafters with bigger versions of those kits. Be aware that you have very minimal work time after you start spraying; set your hose down for 30 seconds, and the nozzle will plug up. Lay out everything that needs to be done and spray it all at once. If your kit came with two nozzles then you have one opportunity to screw up.

yep,1 minute cure time,will be awesome or complete disaster

my walls are not flat,from roof to bottom of windows,mostly flat,but from bottom of windows to floor bows out about 3 inches then comes back about an inch so sheet insulation would have it's issues

my trench digging muscles are not what they used to be,8' x 2 1/2' deep and i am spent

Sewer line for you to hook up the van to? I'm going to be doing something similar sometime next year and I have no trench digging muscles. If I can't hack it at least outhouses are legal where I'll be. Ugh.

Gary68 said:
what gary has been up to

Damn shame I can't be there. I'd like to help ... myself to a beer and a lawn chair and watch.

Tom

Vagabound said:
Damn shame I can't be there. I'd like to help ... myself to a beer and a lawn chair and watch.

Tom

which would be more then my nephews who all own me money did,punks

i did discover that a 3 foot deep trench is about as deep as a human leg can dig

jeebus, don't they know a strong back and a weak mind are the key to success in life? LOL

My 73 year old father and dug the foundation for a 20' x 24' extension on my house rather than rent a back hoe like I was told he would. At 91 he still doesn't complain around me about his four missing discs just to everyone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.