The Fat Van

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Gary68 said:
which would be more then my nephews who all own me money did,punks

i did discover that a 3 foot deep trench is about as deep as a human leg can dig

I guess I'll be the one to ask -- what the hell were you doing anyway?

Tom

Vagabound said:
I guess I'll be the one to ask -- what the hell were you doing anyway?

Tom

my septic drain field gets water logged in the winter and if you dont monitor your water usage the washing machine water ends up in the shower so i added another drain field that can handle another 200 gallons,should solve the problem

i changed the oil,all looked good,no metal or fluids,went to do the trans and 2 bolt where behind the trans mount/crossmember so i ordered a new pan with drain for like $16,th350 trans somehow i was under the impression it was a th400 so i wont feel bad replacing it with a 700r
would of lived with the no mpg of a 400,going to live with the 350 until i get a spare $1500,like thats going to happen

saved up enough for the plywood and wood i need for the interior

then craigslist happened

oXpOi74.jpg

4+ cord of walnut,for $400,couldn't pass it up,next 2 winters of hardwood,last hardcore chore of the year,i hope

Grab an Alaskan sawmill rig and do the whole RV in Walnut. Exterior too maybe.

Great build thread! After a long time away from the forum, really enjoying catching up and seeing what the newer members are working on.

highdesertranger said:
hope you have a power splitter.  4 cords by hand ouch.  highdesertranger

maul and wedge,still pretty green so easy splitting/sawing

Gary68 said:
ith350 trans somehow i was under the impression it was a th400 so i wont feel bad replacing it with a 700r
The TH350 is not a 98 lb weakling. A healthy one will hold up just fine. I had one in a Trans Am with a mildly built SD 455. It held up fine through a bit of 1/4 mile racing. It was also built, but still, I wouldn't sneeze at one. The TH400 was a bit stronger, and the 700r with an overdrive will only give a couple mpg better, but is not good for pulling heavy loads (including an RV) up a hill in fourth anyway. I think the TH350 will hold up just fine as long as you maintain it.

the thing is 400cid and 4-10 gears = 3k rpm at 55 and 10mpg,somethings gotta change
but i can tow a small moon and make for a good sleeper drag racing $$$,so you think your honda is fast?

shinny things

9NEwlUZ.jpg

edelbrock intake $139 from summit racing

we'll call this post-frustration x2

frustration#1

uCfgYxK.jpg

tsQIA6T.jpg

2 inch lift going back in and axle centering kit
http://offroaddesign.com/catalog/Axle Offset Plates.html

and
pYfuNrg.jpg

i forgot to calculate the 2 1/4 lift pushing the axle back and should of gone 1 1/2 inch not 1 inch on the axle centering
it's just aesthetics now,tire should not be hitting the rear wheel well anymore,if i put new gears in the rear end i will fix it then

frustration #2

drivers side
pYfuNrg.jpg

passengers side
lHjMTrg.jpg

as you can see there is a 1/2-3/4 inch difference

why?

drivers side bottom door where the house is attached
Y6TN987.jpg

passenger's side  
yqTT6cZ.jpg

they put the fing house on crooked,it's fing 12 feet away,pull a fing measurement,fing ridiculous and not much i can do about it

bonus pic

more goodies
8ZqnARD.jpg

gasket set,optional hood? valve guide seals,new head bolts,thermostat and trans mount

Gary68 said:
they put the fing house on crooked,

So, you think the house on crooked is why the wheels aren't centered? Have you centered the front steering and measured the distance from the front to back wheels to see if they match?

Putts said:
So, you think the house on crooked is why the wheels aren't centered? Have you centered the front steering and measured the distance from the front to back wheels to see if they match?

yep,the wheelbase is good,couldn't pull a diagonal but the cab and chassis all look good,just placement of the house is off,there appears to be plenty of room that they could of move the house back the 1 1/2 inches to center the wheels and bolting it on 1/2 inch out of square is ridiculous,doesnt impact performance,sure the aero is a little off but you will never notice

i built foundations for a good part of my life so i'm a stickler for square and level,i have built apartment foundations where 300 feet away was within 1/4 so...

Well, I guess the house just ain't right. That should work just fine. :)

Putts said:
Well, I guess the house just ain't right. That should work just fine.  :)

yea,it's just mild aesthetics,now i'm going to start sealing everything up and someone has gone around and put silicon around everything and that just ain't right

Status
Not open for further replies.