The Fat Van

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Gary68 said:
yea,it's just mild aesthetics,now i'm going to start sealing everything up and someone has gone around and put silicon around everything and that just ain't right

I detest silicone....... In the recent past I've been heating it up with a heat gun, peel off the bulk of it and then denatured alcohol and a scrub pad.
Recently ran across this product and seems like it may warrant some investigation.
Digesil,
Digesil NC-X: Extra Strength Silicone Stripper. Best for Dow Corning silicones.
Digesil stripping agents are unique formulations that remove cured silicone RTV sealants from metal, ceramic, and plastic substrates. Digesil works at room temperature and does not contain flammable, chlorinated or odorous solvents. (The MSDS is on the site)
http://www.rpm-technology.com/product-lines/digesil/?gclid=CMCqxJihn9QCFQhXDQodTkMFlQ

I agree , that truck Ain't Right !
Perfect match............

Silicone remover should be applied at the factory !
That's how much I like the stuff.

shade tree hack tip #47,when working up close on a white vehicle in the sun,put on your damn sunglasses  

why is everything red??? :s

ha yea i about nearly went blind painting the roof of my van white x_x

after burning my retinas i decided i didnt want to scrap anymore and went after my transmission

new pan with drain plug,filter and new trans mount  

fluid dark but smelled good and no magnet,had to run to town and get one
gn0hCe0.jpg

looked good to me,just minor fine clutch material

Well , all I saw was hands holding something with a small red light and a bright white light with possible grey hair behind what I'm ASSuming is a camera.

So , technically , yes.
But I really like Putts' ^:rolleyes: answer too.

Gary68 said:

fluid dark but smelled good and no magnet,had to run to town and get one ...

Care to elaborate on the magnet part?

Tom

Put magnets in the pan to catch metal particles in the fluid.

Cuts down on wear and you can see if you have any problems by looking at the magnet.

the hero of the silicon scraping has been

1-the guy who put it there didnt clean and applied over the old caulking so only a couple silicon hell moments

2-a sharpened ice scraper,hit it with a file and got a good edge/corner and most just scraped off

now the geocell window/door i got because they didnt have rv and is a totally different goo that went off fast and left a lumpy bead,it's going to be a pain to get off but only did the area by the drivers door before i realized i screwed up

the sikaflex i used to mount boards on the wall and seal where the fridge vent was,it spread smooth and could be used as a caulking

I'm liking the geocell... it does leave a bumpy mess, but it's clear, so you don't see it unless you're really looking for it... right?!??

the geocel rv i used last time was smooth and look nice and the stuff i got this time was for installing house window and doors,not good for caulking,have two tubes of geocel rv on the way

BAM
GJO9oad.jpg

$200 off ebay,$25 for a kit

has an aftermarket fuel inlet i dont like was hoping the end would just screw in the carb but looks to small,so will have to score one,fuel line away from heat not tucked in the middle of it

looking good. good call on the fuel line, that's a silly place to run a fuel line. highdesertranger

Gary68 said:
BAM
<---->
fuel line away from heat not tucked in the middle of it
And keep that nasty old vapor lock away. :cool: 
Looking good. :)

sikaflex 221-it's the real deal,good adhesive properties,my wood boards are firmly attached to the fiberglass walls
spreads smooth,so good at sealing/caulking

if i would of listened to Bradkw in the first place this would be the only tube of goo i needed and what i will get in the future for construction and exterior sealing

5584239c9d7d4_1024x1024.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.