Serenity

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmm let's see, oh yes, there's the brass knucks, hmm, lead pipe? there it is! and the sap, can't for get the sap, ah, found it
hmm? no not about to do anything, just taking inventory  :angel:
*thumb twiddling, whistling*

So they have taken the trailer back to the area factory/plant to get it 'as reasonably water tight as we can.'

That is the update at this time.

HMMMMM ~~~ :dodgy:

You lost 6 months fighting this series of problems.  Build quality, wireing, leaks ~~~

Most of them were caused by incompetant builders and lack of listining from the company representitive.

That is unreasonable.  

It might be time to call someone

https://www.ftc.gov/about-ftc/bureaus-offices/bureau-consumer-protection

http://rvlife.com/

http://www.consumersdigest.com/travel-recreation/category/campers-rvs

http://www.rvguide.com/specs/reviews.html

All it takes is one horror story going viral for a company such as that, to take a huge hit on sales.

GypsyDogs said:
So they have taken the trailer back to the area factory/plant to get it 'as reasonably water tight as we can.'

That is the update at this time.

What bullshit, that just sucks, they are already backing away from their very obvious responsibility.  Wonder if they realize that just on this one forum alone, people wouldn't touch their brand with a ten foot pole after this.  Very short sighted of them.

Queen said:
What bullshit, that just sucks, they are already backing away from their very obvious responsibility.  Wonder if they realize that just on this one forum alone, people wouldn't touch their brand with a ten foot pole after this.  Very short sighted of them.

To refresh memories, [font=Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]Forest River and Cargomate.[/font]

rvpopeye said:
Don't forget your costs and time and a bonus for stress and inconvenience !
He can count how many lost sales from this thread and the cost of training for the screw ups that did your build too.....................

Yep, I'll be buying a cargo trailer in the not-so-distant-future. 1 of the things that I have been trying to get a grip on is what are good brands and/or places to buy from...guess I can scratch Cargomate off the list.

There better be a big refund check included with that pathetic deal.
Forest River/Cargomate ARE YOU STILL READING??????????
Thousands of members here are telling everyone we meet to avoid your products !

FYI- they admitted that Any Cargo Trailers, by their nature, are not made to be Truly Watertight. They are not built to the same codes and standards as, say RVs.

And every time I bring up that the dealer sold me a product that cannot do the job I asked for, and that I want to take it back and get my money back, they skirt the issue and change the subject..

Wonder how they are doing on the retrofitting?

Strange that all the other cargo trailer owners here haven't complained about leaks like yours.
Guess they are so used to having bad product that they think it's normal !!

rvpopeye said:
Strange that all the other cargo trailer owners here haven't complained about leaks like yours.
Guess they are so used to having bad product that they think it's normal !!

My little Pace American sat through a really harsh winter with snow piled on it's roof through most of it, not to mention enduring wind and rain. I kept checking because I was worried about how it was holding up. Every time I checked, it was dry as a bone inside. Not even a hint of a leak.
No, an enclosed trailer is not meant to leak.

Show them this thread again.
Bad publicity about accepting their own product as inferior isn't something a good company should ignore !

GypsyDogs said:
FYI- they admitted that Any Cargo Trailers, by their nature, are not made to be Truly Watertight.  They are not built to the same codes and standards as, say RVs.

And every time I bring up that the dealer sold me a product that cannot do the job I asked for, and that I want to take it back and get my money back, they skirt the issue and change the subject..

Wonder how they are doing on the retrofitting?

UH~~~  NO.  I call bovine excretement. 

If I buy a cargo trailer, I EXPECT it to not allow water to leak in and damage my CARGO. I Want a sealed box to protect my valuables.  Would U~Haul accept trailers that leak? 

Cargomate is showing a lack of standards. 

Where in the sales literature is it saying that water leaks are acceptable in their products?  HMMMM?

My 6 x 10 Wells Cargo trailer continues to be watertight at the roof after more than a decade of sitting in various places in the northeast including being buried under several feet of snow each of the past 9 winters.

The only water problem I've had with mine is condensation on the inside because it's strictly a cargo trailer for storing stuff, no roof vent.

rvpopeye said:
Show them this thread again.
Bad publicity about accepting their own product as inferior isn't something a good company should ignore  !

Better yet, if you don't get satisfaction, post about this over in the TNTTT cargo trailer forum.  That will really cost them some business!

Ballenxj said:
My little Pace American sat through a really harsh winter with snow piled on it's roof through most of it, not to mention enduring wind and rain. I kept checking because I was worried about how it was holding up. Every time I checked, it was dry as a bone inside. Not even a hint of a leak.
No, an enclosed trailer is not meant to leak.

My 2001 Pace American that I sold last summer never leaked a drop in the 15 years I had it....and when DC got hit with the big snows a few years back I had my driveway-bordering evergreens laid over from the snow weight resting on top of the trailer...survived just fine.

"Enclosed" trailers should not leak...that's why they're called "enclosed"! :rolleyes:

Reminds me of my phone days when a software 'bug' wasn't fixed after a couple of new 'releases', we would joke that it would be easier to change the 'manual' and rename the bug as a 'new feature'. :p

Maybe Cargomate can change their brochure and claim "new automatic humidity feature...don't let your stuff dry up and suffer...our new 'leaks like a sieve' roof solves those issues..." :(

My 6x10( don't remember brand- whatever HDepot sold 10 years ago) has been thrashed around construction sites in the NE and never under cover, still doesn't leak.

I smell BS big time.

johnny b said:
"Enclosed" trailers should not leak...that's why they're called "enclosed"! 
I almost posted these exact words in my earlier post. So, Yeah, those are my thoughts as well.

Had a friend who designed and built tractor trailer rigs. Sold one to a guy that put a high pressure washer on full power against one of the seams in the sheet metal coverings, after about 3 minutes a single drop ran down the inside of the trailer, my friend bought back the trailer but told the man to look at buying a submarine instead of a trailer for his next purchase!

Oh, they called the roof/wall leak the "perfect leak because it runs down the wall sheet and doesn't touch the cargo."

GypsyDogs said:
Oh, they called the roof/wall leak the "perfect leak because it runs down the wall sheet and doesn't touch the cargo."

:huh: :huh: :huh:   That causes so much cognitive dissonance in me, I actually had to shake my head a few times.