Serenity

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok, got the leaky side sealed... other sides/edges to follow as weather permits.
MyFix.jpg

surprisingly easy to work with, and daaaaaannnnggg, that shyte's sticky.

Attachments

• MyFix.jpg
    MyFix.jpg
    44.5 KB
SO-
Spoke with the regional manager of our area plants that manufacture this trailer. He was.. aghast at the "customer service" I was provided by the local retailer. The guy really wants to make it right. He wants to reimburse me for the EBond and something for my time.. offered a few ideas.. like 12v water pump, water heater, or other things like that.

During our conversation he suggested maybe furniture.. I said, 'nah, don't really need furniture, and I like the design I came up with for my bed.' We discussed that for a moment. He sounded interested in 'buying' my design. :)

I've been thinking, and can't really come up with anything I need yet.. unless I opt for a more batteries.. lol

Told him we could both think on it over the weekend and get back to each other.

Good deal, bout time they stepped up.

Also had a potentially brilliant idea. To keep the weight down and for ease of maintenance.. I am contemplating doing the ceiling in formica sheet, using small pieces of moulding as attachment/support pieces. Kinda like this- ceilingpanelidea.jpg Figure side-edges, center and every 3' or so should do. Thoughts?

Attachments

• ceilingpanelidea.jpg
    ceilingpanelidea.jpg
    19.8 KB
Formica is pretty brittle and cracks easy when not on a substrate like a countertop. Just something to think about as the trailer will be flexing going down the road. I think FRP would work well though. On mine I used Luan underlayment and painted it. I don't think it weighs more than a few ounces more than FRP.

I'm pretty sure my inner trailer walls are textured FRP, the ceiling for sure is, it matches the tub surround lol

I like that, very pretty, and kinda classy.

GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

still water coming in- same places... maybe the trim screws?
But how could that much water come in from behind screws.... AAARRRRRRGGHHH

What? I have to pull each one and fill each hole with caulk?
Give each screw a butyl-washer?

This is frustrating.

Call the latest peson you spoke with.  It sounds like you got a lemon.   :(

I also love our local (not chain) RV repair store. Went in with a couple tubes of white ProFlex that I had and told them I needed a clear version of 'this' She just flat traded me.. :)

Finally had the temp/dry weather to put some pro-seal around the topline screws and see if THAT stops the water... will let ya'll know.

so... in our last episode.. the retailer that sold me the trailer said they fixed the roof vent.. where they saw water leaking in..
(I never saw water leaking there, btw..)

Guess where I now have an Obvious water leak..

3 guesses

This is ridiculous.IMG_8020.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_8020.JPG
    IMG_8020.JPG
    664.4 KB
Oh crap.... I understand the frustration. I've been dealing with/fighting Camping World for a month. I'm starting to hate them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk