Serenity

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry you're having so much trouble but I came here to arm wrestle you over the name Serenity. Lol not really, but I have been planning to name my rig Serenity too. Best wishes on getting your adventure started.

"There is just one requirement to join FROG; own a Forest River product"

Toward the bottom of introduction paragraph.

I've found a follow up letter after calmly but firmly expressing my discontent as far up the managerial ladder as I can climb helps.
It won't hurt to mention the loss of income this fiasco has cost you as well.
I have had payments reimbursements for time lost on warrantied machinery that was defective and payments deferred and forgiven.

Good Luck, you must be due for some by now!

got an email from the dealer.
"Please give me a call prior to your arrival."

so I called.
Turns out she wants me to call before we drop off the trailer. "So we can have the paperwork ready to go."

My next thought was... why not have it ready Now? I told you we were going to bring it in, so we why do we have to call to remind you?
geeeeez- talk about customer service
aka the customer has to call to remind you to do your job.

Never buying from them again.

One of my favorite quotes by Moe Howard of Three Stooges fame.
" I'm surrounded by idiots !"

Girl, if the dealer is still breathing when this is over, you deserve a medal.

Dropped the trailer off.
Apparently- they have to See a leak to justify sending it to the plant. The rust and drip trails are not sufficient to warrant repair...

offs!
*headdesk*

I would not be so nice about it.    

I was always the "family enforcer" that changed the attitude of rule bound sales drones into fear and cooperation.   :cool:  I once bought a used car with 150K miles at a dealership.  I paid 80% cash down.  When I went back to pay the rest of the price, the car was gone.  A departing mechanic pulled a fast one and bought it out from under their noses.  To make me happy, (I have a signed contract) they gave me a car 3 years newer, with a fresh factory crate motor in it for the same price.  ($1,500)  

For some strange reason when I use the phrase "I am not happy" in a quiet voice, it makes people extremely cooperative.  Perhaps it is genetic.

They'd have told me that and I'd have said "I paid (whatever $$$ you paid) for this thing and you can't pay for some water to run a hose over it?
I'd have said this quietly, but fortunately, I'm real good at Looming Ominously (yes, it's a skill, no, size isn't required, though I have plenty of that, too)

They promised (on Sat, when we dropped the trailer off) that they would call Tuesday with information.

Yep, you guessed it. Still waiting to hear.
If they don't call tomorrow- I will be calling them. And telling them what I think of their customer service.

So-
Heard from the dealer yesterday.. finally
She says they finally had enough rain to find the leak around the roof vent.

(me)...? what leak at the roof vent...? I never saw a leak there-- I told you there was a leak on the side wall/ceiling joint about 6' in from the rear.

Oh, no, there's no leak there.. the water you saw was probably because you started putting insulation in and it caused condensation.

(me)...? at the angle iron/wall skin? What are you talking about..? I've only spent a couple hours in there total, and never used a heater, and always kept the vents cracked.. how could that cause condensation?

Oh yeah, insulation makes condensation.

(me)...? gives up and ends conversation.

I would take it upstairs to the next level.  

If the service manager is jerking you around, his boss.  Then the factory rep. (Da xiang bao zha shi de la du zi ) Then her boss.

It has been 2 1/2 months.  

Also take it to the FROG message boards.  [font=Verdana, Arial, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]http://www.forestriverfrog.com/[/font]

Document all the screw ups found, and present a timeline.  List how many hours you have into it, and money spent.  Use short polite sentences, that conveys a feeling of power and anger.   :cool:  Personally I would go Sicilian on them. (We seem to have a failure to communicate.  I am not happy.)   :s

This is a potential Lemon Law candidate.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lemon_law

You might just like this for a laugh.  https://wiki.rpg.net/index.php/Firefly_chinese_slang

Ju hao yun

got the call yesterday that our trailer is 'all fixed'

In her nauseatingly cloying fake lilting customer service voice... ugh

Ugh, for sure. Run that puppy through a car wash before you drag it all the way home... better yet, make her go with you!

Latest posts