Serenity

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
GypsyDogs said:
Oh, they called the roof/wall leak the "perfect leak because it runs down the wall sheet and doesn't touch the cargo."

ROFLMAO.

So it does not pudde?  

They knew the pourpose if the unit when you purchased it...

ANY leak is bad.  It causes mold and rot.  So they are saying that CARGOMATE is incapible of producing a industry standard waterproof cargo trailer?  

What is you were a drywall contractor, or routinely carried rolled insulation? You know, in your work cargo trailer... they're saying ruined product is okay. I truly hope people post this mess elsewhere and spread the word about these bozos.

Um, my trailer doesn't leak, and it's not even a premium brand. It probably has 20,000 miles on it between myself and the previous owner, including much washboard and forest roads. Has had up to 2' of snow on top, and been in every temperature range from - 20F to 115F. I would be demanding a full refund, plus compensation for time and suffering, and get legal involved if they don't comply. And I'm not that type of guy being a small business owner myself. But this is beyond ridicules.

So- having heard RadioSilence for a week, I have sent a polite letter of inquiry to the nice man at the factory. Inquiring if there is any news about the progress or if he needs anything from me......

Maybe time to call the better business bureau or at least threaten to

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A polite letter from an ATTORNEY might light some fires under some butts

received a polite letter back, yesterday

"Hi A.
Things are going well and they are buttoning everything up. We are trying to put it through every test possible to make sure we’ve caught everything.
As we spoke about earlier… I would like to do something to compensate you for your troubles. Would you like for me to install a white ceiling for you?"

As I am not done with wiring, and want to be able to monitor the interior for leaks.. I think I am going to pass on the ceiling..
He also offered a water pump (which I won't need) aluminum wheels.. (really??) an interstate deep cycle (lol) battery (which I also don't need) or a spare tire - which I Will take him up on.

Ask for cash instead of the things you were offered.   ;)

6 months to this point~~~   :dodgy:

You know, it's occurred to me that the original Serenity was always breaking and Kaylee had to spend all her time fixing it.

Maybe you should have named your trailer after something else . . .

Hah !
Good choice to be able to see for yourself if the leaks are actually gone ...
Tell him this
#1 prefer cash refund instead.
if not
#2 take all the things he offered (not installed) .
At least you can sell them for some cash!

I don't think any of those reading along will be convinced to buy from them after your experience !

I wish I was closer , I'd swing by to help finish it up ,,, and get a puppy fix !

So the trailer left on 3/14
Heard back on 3/21 that 'they are buttoning it up' and inquiry for my choice of value added item.
Sent an email yesterday 3/31 inquiring about status of trailer.
No reply as of yet.

Can't help but wonder if it burst into flames or something.. lol

One can only hope, then they could give you your money back!

Serenite.jpg
Hey GypsyDogs, thought you might enjoy this if you haven't already seen it . . .

Attachments

• Serenite.jpg
    Serenite.jpg
    25.3 KB
GypsyDogs said:
Heard back on 3/21 that 'they are buttoning it up' and inquiry for my choice of value added item.
Sent an email yesterday 3/31 inquiring about status of trailer.
No reply as of yet.
Can;t just rush into these things, don't cha know?
I hope they have finally figured out how to build a cargo trailer, and do it right.

OOOOOO-- now There's an idea.. Cardboard Box
*mutter mutter*
Probably more water tight from the factory- than the trailer.... sigh

Watched a guy make a sink out of a cardboard box with glue, canvas and house paint that outlasted a big dollar plastic camp kitchen setup. I guess you could turn it upside down and stand under it and stay dry in their cargo trailer! Here is hopping you don't have to, best wishes.