Pressurized portable shower I recently saw. Any input?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Van Man Dave

Reaction score
Not sure if this has been covered here, but it is new to me.  I was relaxing at the beach when I saw a couple of surfers who pulled one of these out of their SUV:

http://www.rinsekit.com

It is a self contained portable shower system that gets pressurized into it's internal bladder by a garden hose.

I was very impressed at the volume of water this thing produced, it really was flowing!  

Really considering getting rid of my garden sprayer shower for one of these, although I'm not sure if you can fill it and pressurize the unit without a garden hose. That is the only concern I can think of.  Anyone have any input/experience with these?

VMD

View attachment 14875

I've never seen one , will have to check out the video when I get to more bandwidth...
Always room for a better "mousetrap".

No experience with it but I just watched their videos.

The pressure that the sprayer has is ONLY achieved by filling it from a water tap, whether it's the outside tap or the kitchen sink. Filling it from water jugs will result in it having no pressure at all.

To have a hot shower, one would need to fill it with hot water from a hot water tap.

IMO, it's not practical for us nomads unless we're already in a travel trailer or RV that has a built in water system with pressure. At that point you could either install an outdoor shower if you don't want to shower in the bathroom you've already got.

Nice if you're going from your S&B to the beach and want to hose down before driving home!

[font=Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]The pressure that the sprayer has is ONLY achieved by filling it from a water tap, whether it's the outside tap or the kitchen sink. Filling it from water jugs will result in it having no pressure at all.[/font]
[font=Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]On the FAQ Part of the site they mention an accessory to use a bicycle pump to pressurize it.[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]To have a hot shower, one would need to fill it with hot water from a hot water tap. [/font]
[font=Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]You would need to heat the water for a sprayer somehow as well. You could probably make some kind of adapter with a funnel to warm some water up in a pot, or solar water bottle and pour it in. Might be able to leave the whole unit out in the sun all day it is black.[/font]
[font=Verdana, Arial, sans-serif][font=Verdana, Arial, sans-serif] [/font][/font]
[font=Verdana, Arial, sans-serif][font=Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]It looks kinda cumbersome to me. I'd also be curious how consistent the water pressure is. With a sprayer you can pump it up as needed. If this thing would hold the same pressure all the way till the last drop it could be very useful.[/font][/font]

There was a youtube video reviewing this unit. He goes over the claimed minutes. I think one mode was right on the money, but the really long mode was a little off. Something like 25 minutes instead of claimed 30 minutes. I'll try to find the video.

2 gallons of water
Run at Center setting for 5 minutes: verified
Run at Mist setting for 30 to 45 minutes: slows to a drip around 26 minutes.
Run at shower mode: more for quickly rinsing off.

claim test only:
quick review(1min 15sec nonstop on shower mode):

Even with their sink kit adapter, field fill kit (which cost $49 btw, not including bike pump), and it doesn't look like one size fit all for all vandwellers.

I imagine if you have no use for sink kit adapter, you'd have to fill a field fill kit with hot water(possible burn and/or spill), then you use that to fill the Rinsekit, then you have to pump it to make pressure. I think I like the diy shower out of manual pump garden sprayer much better.

I'm sure someone will prove me wrong, but sounds like an awful lot of work, and it takes up space.
$150 to $165 could be spent on something else.

Latest posts