New direction, again, in my quest to be at least, a snow-bird

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

G0ldengirl68

Reaction score
I had a thread where I'm trying to get a loan for a used Van, but now rethinking just using my truck.  I haven't heard whether or not I could get the loan so working out another option (plan B).  Put up an ad to look for a space/garage to do some building (easy stuff I could handle) and fixing up my truck bed to make it just sleepable so I don't need a tent.  I know Doug won't be near me much longer, and I am planning to just work on this through the Fall and Winter if I get a garage to work in.

I have some ideas on the build, but such a newbie at building anything at all, but I have too much time on my hands and this could be the healthiest thing for me, staying active, and get way more much-needed brain exercise :D I hear you agreeing out there ;)

Denise
PS This will be a thread for different suggestions I might be able to do myself, tools needed, and remember I will be taking baby-steps, buying materials as I go.  Can't reach Doug right now, out of range, but want to get his feedback.  I do want to pay cash I decided, and can do most of the materials now but no, I think I'll buy as I go. I doing a lot of second-hand searching, tools, maybe even some wood or other materials in my area.  We have a nice group that covers a lot of areas I live close enough to, to be able to go work every day.

PSS Hmm, may have already found a garage. My girlfriend called and said where she house-sits, the lady is coming back for a short-time on Saturday and she's going to talk to her.  My friend has house-sit for years for this gal, so could work out, who knows;)

Hope it all falls together for you. You are wise to have backup plans, just in case.

Hi Jan,

I'm watching Jamie's videos, Enigmatic Nomad channel on youtube.

Right now I have a chance to work out of a friends garage, and do what I can accomplish myself, to make my truck comfy to sleep in. I am also going to try and find out where another friend will be most of August if I need more help, which I will of course ;)

thanks for saying hello ;) Jan, I am not giving up by any means, and if nothing else, I may go south in the fall if there is a chance I can get a camper built onto my truck in Quartzite or some other place Nomads are gathering this year ;) Denise