Flying down to Phoenix for Van Aid to help out

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi,

I’m new here and have been a part time nomad in my homemade truck camper I build right after I solo built a house in my home state of Oregon.

I have wanted to help people with their builds ever since I started watching Bob’s videos and was excited to learn about Van Aid.

I decided to fly down to help out this Tuesday, but wanted to get some input as to what to pack tool wise, in addition to my mountain bike. (Heard the trails around Yuma are incredible…😊)

I will have limitations due to weight requirements, but was planning on bringing my basic Makita cordless tools and hand tools: drill and driver, circular saw, router bits, charger…hopefully someone has a 1/4” router and an inverter I could charge from?

I’ll also bring basic electrical tools, as I am comfortable doing that work.

Thanks, and hope to hear some suggestions and to meet some of you at the event!

Attachments

• IMG_2755.jpeg
    IMG_2755.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 1
Hi,

I’m new here and have been a part time nomad in my homemade truck camper I build right after I solo built a house in my home state of Oregon.

I have wanted to help people with their builds ever since I started watching Bob’s videos and was excited to learn about Van Aid.

I decided to fly down to help out this Tuesday, but wanted to get some input as to what to pack tool wise, in addition to my mountain bike. (Heard the trails around Yuma are incredible…😊)

I will have limitations due to weight requirements, but was planning on bringing my basic Makita cordless tools and hand tools: drill and driver, circular saw, router bits, charger…hopefully someone has a 1/4” router and an inverter I could charge from?

I’ll also bring basic electrical tools, as I am comfortable doing that work.

Thanks, and hope to hear some suggestions and to meet some of you at the event!
You should be fine with those tools. There will be lots of folks who can help you with recharging your tools. Not sure if or when I will arrive but when I renovated my little vintage travel trailer I installed an exterior accessory port so I could power things without going inside or need to run 12v cords out the open door or window. It has come in handy for letting other car and minivan campers recharge phones, power stations, run a sewing machine, etc.

Well you are welcome to use Pirate Camp as your base............we have power available and would welcome the HELP

I want to make a quick Home Depot stop on my way to grab a few things. My mother gave me a nice donation, so am happy to pick up materials that people may need, as long as I can fit into the rental car…😂
Any suggestions?

Mom is wise, you do need an “emergency reserve fund”. Do not spend it all on the day of your arrival. It will most likely be needed at some point in time in the Van Aid event for the unpredictable.