• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Van Living Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Need a Composting Toilet?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VanLifeCrisis

Reaction score
I am in ehrenberg, and the general quartzite area.  If you don't have 900 bucks for one, I can make you a basic composting toilet for the cost of materials (about 50 bucks).  If you want to pitch in a little for generator gas or for my diet cola addiction, I wont turn it down but I'm willing to make one if you can only afford the parts.  I use a basic walmart funnel for urine seperator and it works for me, if you want to order a 70 dollar fancy one i can install it for you. PM or email dazar1978 at protonmail.com.

I use it like one sometimes when Im on the move and have my office chair secured away. :)

Very nice design.  I saw someone a few years ago with a very similar design-- and he was quite happy with it.  He had two  ~2 gallon jugs that were kept in the 'box'.  One was for the liquid waste and the 2nd one was full of wood ash--from previous campfires.  He stated that the wood ash was  the best (& cheapest) "cover" material for the #2 section.

Looks like a good one. The seat is the best part. The funnel seems like it would be sufficient enough.
Some thing to keep in mind of.

Latest posts