My Path to (No)Madness!

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
From the other side ...
40506884511_889a315d3a_z.jpg

Lovely stars appear when your little "city" is unlit. In Las Vegas, City of Lights and stars are way less visible at night, if seen at all.

Hey, I found a kool trailer. Has some great ideas you might borrow from in the tiny home on trailer frame category. This one even has an air conditioner for when on shore power. He won awards on the previous one he designed & built up.  There is a link in his latest trailer article here, to his earlier one. It all started with a trailer!

Glad you two & doggies had a good day. Sleep well ya'll.

NoMadYesHappy said:
Just a simple sunset at Scaddan Wash ...
39816162874_3114d58980_z.jpg

Hello.

I'm VanGrrl57 and I have been offline for awhile. I'm also a full-timer but I'm currently staying in my daughter's driveway here in Sioux Falls, SD. I got back to my home base (Sioux Falls, SD) in November of 2017 after spending the 2017 season at Yellowstone National Park working for a concessionaire (Delaware North) as a cashier in the Yellowstone Adventure Store. I had planned on returning for the 2018 season but health reasons forced me to have to pass this year. I'm recovering from having mitral valve replacement surgery and I will be fine but I'm ITCHING to get back out on the road.  :D If all goes as planned and I get the okay from my doctor, I will be back out soon; hopefully in June. SIGH! It is what it is. 

I really like your pictures and I wish you all the best in your journey. Hope to meet you out on the road one of these days. I had wanted to go to Quartzite but couldn't do so. Hopefully next year I will be able to do so. 

VanGrrl57  :)

You've come a long way (both personally and geographically) since your early videos. Your journey is very inspirational.

tx2sturgis said:
... without a 'tribe'...
...I thought I'd pass along this link ...
https://rv-roadtrips.thefuntimesguide.com/quartzsite-az/

We are a tribe of two ... well, four if you count Cassie and Charlie.  And, I do ... :)
Thanks, tx2sturgis.  You, my froend, are a wellspring of useful info ... much appreciated!  :)

Gunna spend some time in town today, checking out the free "car show" you told me about, then dig up a cheep cooler and a block of ice.  I saw a couple of solar places in town too.  Not planning on buying yet, but I'm curious to see what's available and start forming my power solution.

Thanks, again!  L8R!

VanGrrl57 said:
Hello.

I'm VanGrrl57 and I have been offline for awhile. I'm also a full-timer but I'm currently staying in my daughter's driveway here in Sioux Falls, SD. I got back to my home base (Sioux Falls, SD) in November of 2017 after spending the 2017 season at Yellowstone National Park working for a concessionaire (Delaware North) as a cashier in the Yellowstone Adventure Store. I had planned on returning for the 2018 season but health reasons forced me to have to pass this year. I'm recovering from having mitral valve replacement surgery and I will be fine but I'm ITCHING to get back out on the road.  :D If all goes as planned and I get the okay from my doctor, I will be back out soon; hopefully in June. SIGH! It is what it is. 

I really like your pictures and I wish you all the best in your journey. Hope to meet you out on the road one of these days. I had wanted to go to Quartzite but couldn't do so. Hopefully next year I will be able to do so. 

VanGrrl57  :)

Hey, VanGrrl ... nice to meet you!

Sorry to hear you got sidelined, happy that it's not something that ended your travels permanently! 

I KNOW that itch!  I spent several sets of decades slathering cream over the rash.  I can't tell you how good it feels to be where I belong!

RE: Photos ... Thanks! ... glad you like them!  They've been a bit on the kitschy/cheesy side so far IMHO.  It's odd how little time I've had ... I guess the driving and setting up camp, visiting with my son and working out our daily routine have soaked up more time than one would think.  All of that to say, I expect to produce MUCH better shots when things settle down and the new house/rv/camper/tiny home/aluminum tent ... LOL ... get built. :D

I am hoping to meet lots of folks on the road ... still waiting for the first one.  Maybe it'll be you!  :) Come say hi as soon as you're able! 

L8R

And Goodwill said:
Lovely stars appear when your little "city" is unlit. In Las Vegas, City of Lights and stars are way less visible at night, if seen at all.

Hey, I found a kool trailer. Has some great ideas you might borrow from in the tiny home on trailer frame category. This one even has an air conditioner for when on shore power. He won awards on the previous one he designed & built up.  There is a link in his latest trailer article here, to his earlier one. It all started with a trailer!

Glad you two & doggies had a good day. Sleep well ya'll.

Hey!  I started with a trailer too!  LOL!  
Thanks for the link.  I've been collecting ideas for weeks now.  I'm planning to sit down with my dad in a few days and go through all of the videos/photos/ideas that folks have sent, that I've found, or the daughter has thought up ... I expect what we end up with will be perfect!  :)

PS: Slept like a rock!  :)

NoMadYesHappy said:
 I saw a couple of solar places in town too.  Not planning on buying yet, but I'm curious to see what's available and start forming my power solution.

When I was 'window shopping' I noticed the prices for solar panels were not great, compared to ordering online, but batteries seemed to be a decent price, mainly at Solar Bill's....and they had used panels for sale. You have to ask the price of everything....almost nothing had the prices listed on the items.

Mr Solar was a bit pricey...but they seemed to have anything and everything a person would need. I saw some large lithium batteries for $3500!  Just a little bit past my budget.. :dodgy:

Keep in mind that large heavy batteries ordered online cost a fortune for shipping and exchange fee... (if the website says 'free shipping', the freight cost and core charge has been added to the price).

Also, the vendors there will charge for the 'core' replacement if you don't have a similar battery to exchange, and on the larger batteries it adds up.

NoMadYesHappy said:
... I expect what we end up with will be perfect!  :)

Funny thing about builds & being creative DIY, taking your time & thinking & planning it out, it tends to end up being perfect for your needs. I loved working on my van build, it's pleasant & attractive to live in, and ended up being perfect for me. It is also very comfortable & highly functional on many levels. I'll follow the Sun.

Yours will definitely end up just perfect for you two. Looking forward to seeing your build photos.

Mascha said:
You've come a long way (both personally and geographically) since your early videos. Your journey is very inspirational.

Thanks, Mascha!
We've a fair distance yet to go.  We are inspired by the comments we get ... the encouragement we've received.  Nothin' quite like a nice pat on the back, with a heart felt "Well done!" :D