The REAL Reason No One Wants To Work Anymore

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I oddly watched that before you posted! Is Google baiting both of us with the same links? :unsure:

My conclusion was that he's a pretty typical confused, delusional youngster. Jobs have always sucked. We didn't work to "follow our dreams" or "make a difference"... we worked to support ourselves and our families... hopefully doing something that wasn't too evil and paid decent.

My interest in watching it dissipated with the words delusional confused youngster.

Why would I want to be reminded of those years I spent in that state of mind. 🤣

My interest in watching it dissipated with the words delusional confused youngster.
I was there in my late 20s... then I quit my career and sold everything and lived in the wilderness in my truck when I was 30. Best time of my life. I spent zero seconds whining about it or posting videos. I would occasional expound on how awesome it was, and every time people thought I was nuts... or an alien from planet X.

You can find youngsters camping on public land now, but they usually take all their baggage with them... and cell phones of course.

I was there in my late 20s... then I quit my career and sold everything and lived in the wilderness in my truck when I was 30. Best time of my life. I spent zero seconds whining about it or posting videos. I would occasional expound on how awesome it was, and every time people thought I was nuts... or an alien from planet X.

You can find youngsters camping on public land now, but they usually take all their baggage with them... and cell phones of course.
I would have made or bought a Big Foot Suit & make plywood feet. We had a bear bait you could hunt off the cabins deck which just hung over a very steep 300' hill down to the Silver River. Made a plywood bear we could do a quick pull on some paracord so it would pop up then disappear. Great fun!

For me it is but not for you. We found a Yetti deep in the forest that looked just like a flying saucer.

Throughout human history there have always been a great variety of personality types. Some persons easily find a path to happiness and others are always miserable and dissatisfied. The current generation is no different. But now there is social media and cheap cell phones which allows them to whine “poor me” more loudly in public. They are no longer confined to whining to immediate friends, family, bosses and someone sitting next to them on a bus seat or bar stool. They can make their whiney rants reach right into this forum where people come to discuss living a nice happy life out in nature where they can get away from seeing such things.

I think a lot of people realized that they could make as much with their side-hustles as they could with their jobs during covid... So why go back to paid-to-be-abused? It seem like a lot of people are realizing that you don't have to work a traditional job to make money and survive and that traditional jobs only benefit the shareholders, not the employees (that businesses spend a LOT of time figuring out the absolute least they can get away with spending to convince anyone to do the job). That's why there is so much debt encouraged here. It's easier to force someone to do horrible things to survive when they are at risk of losing the few things that make their horrible lives minimally bearable.

In my home town there is an amazing number of "Churches" registered now. And not all of them have a physical presence that contains a sanctuary where services are held. The idea is to register as a minister (a few minutes at Universal Life Church org and register free and you're a ordained minister of that Church) You can now have a 15 501c3 tax exempt corporation.

Of course the Church needs to make money to stay open. Thus a mission statement of how that is intended to monetize the Church.

Generally these are simple things such as sitting with the elderly so their family members can go to work. If $15 dollars an hour is charged, that isn't too bad tax free.

Some may perform odd jobs to generate revenue under the explanation that it is for raising money for the Church.

There are websites which go into this much deeper.

In my home town there is an amazing number of "Churches" registered now. And not all of them have a physical presence that contains a sanctuary where services are held. The idea is to register as a minister (a few minutes at Universal Life Church org and register free and you're a ordained minister of that Church) You can now have a 15 501c3 tax exempt corporation.

Of course the Church needs to make money to stay open. Thus a mission statement of how that is intended to monetize the Church.

Generally these are simple things such as sitting with the elderly so their family members can go to work. If $15 dollars an hour is charged, that isn't too bad tax free.

Some may perform odd jobs to generate revenue under the explanation that it is for raising money for the Church.

There are websites which go into this much deeper.
So anyone that runs a church is only doing it for the money? I have know many pastors that don't live large and make a very modest living by most standards.

Are there those that take advantage and make a killing and have actual churches? Yes. And there always will be.

Are there a bunch of people out there that take advantage of a loophole they see? Yes, many. I'm sure if you looked at the numbers, it would probably lean towards those that don't have religious beliefs.

Another example of people taking advantage of loopholes would be squatters. Have you found any statistics on their political affiliations?

People have found loopholes forever. When I was a teenager 45+ years ago a friend went to Ohio in mid December to ring a bell at a kettle like the Salvation Army but it was called Kings something & he got to keep 1/2 off everything he collected. Look at how many have scammed welfare, Go Fund Me, etc,etc.

^^^Being a teacher you get to see what comes from hard work and effort. I always liked the Army’s recruiting slogan “Be all you can be!” because on Navajo radio stations it took several minutes to translate because there is no “to be” verb. Each possibility had to be voiced so then the announcer would pick a few desirable careers and charge the none the wiser government agency. Point is everyone is different with different likes and skills. As a teacher your job is to help each and every student develope themselves to take their best shot at success. When people form an attitude of acceptance of fraud it’s no wonder a fraud like Trump has so many supporters. Dollar wise Trump is much worse than the majority of the people you mentioned and the court records prove it. It is a shame he was allowed to become President and hopefully will never again now his financial dealings are coming to light in court records in my opinion.

Last edited:
People have found loopholes forever. When I was a teenager 45+ years ago a friend went to Ohio in mid December to ring a bell at a kettle like the Salvation Army but it was called Kings something & he got to keep 1/2 off everything he collected. Look at how many have scammed welfare, Go Fund Me, etc,etc.
Ya, look how many people tRUMP has scammed and continues to do it. You have to be stupid enough to fall for scams.