Returning Member

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shyian

Reaction score
So much has changed with this forum since I was last here! Hello everyone!

I thought I would stop here at the newcomers thread to say hello.

Life got in the way since the last time I was here, my sister died, and I spent 13 months going to California and back to Texas as I settled her estate. Then I crashed my minivan and had to have surgery to repair a few injuries. Of course we can’t forget the pandemic that made all of that even more painful to endure.

I have since purchased a Dodge Promaster because I am unable to crawl around a minivan like I did before. My new build is more like a homemade Class B. No running water though I can do without that. I have solar and also the capability of plugging into shore power. And i just love the ability to stand up.

I am packed and will pull out for my first extended trip on Friday. I am going to meander my way to Nevada to visit friends and then maybe go to quartzite. That is if I don’t go to Southern California to visit my niece and nephew. I have rented out my home to another family member so I don’t have to change my home address or worry about mail. My plans are to only travel a couple hours a day and then stay until the mood strikes me. After the stress and crapola I have been through the last almost 2 years, I figure I deserve this time to myself. If I go back home for any time I have a RV spot waiting. But to be honest I just want some quiet me time. So here I am lol

Happy Travels everyone!!

Welcome back.
The idea of Quartzsite actually being Quiet Me Tme other than in the blazing summer heat season does have me grinning. It is more like crowded fish bowl time. But still fun just for the experience of being there.

How funny! I am not sure I want to totally isolate myself. Just a break from being an adult doing things I don’t really want to do lol. Dealing with lawyers and others settling my sisters estate, then dealing with insurance for the accident then insurance for my 2 surgeries. So many people saying you must do this and that. I guess I am really wanting time where I can do whatever I want whenever I want lol. I guess I want a bit of time to be selfish lolol

Of course!
Put on your own oxygen mask first.
I wouldn't call that selfish.
Glad you persevered and it's finally time for a cool change!

How funny! I am not sure I want to totally isolate myself. Just a break from being an adult doing things I don’t really want to do lol. Dealing with lawyers and others settling my sisters estate, then dealing with insurance for the accident then insurance for my 2 surgeries. So many people saying you must do this and that. I guess I am really wanting time where I can do whatever I want whenever I want lol. I guess I want a bit of time to be selfish lolol
Ha! You can be as (un)isolated as you wish in Quartzsite!

Find a place to park, and park there. The rest is entirely up to you.

quiet time and you deserve it! Doesn't get any better than that for anyone :) More power to you!!! Safe travels!!

Welcome in, welcome back!

Nice pleasant intro for all of us (not counting the bad stuff that happened!) and we certainly hope you visit more often and let us know what's happening....and yeah Quartzsite can be crowded in certain places but you can always find some less busy places a few miles out of town.

Enjoy!