My Daddy Always Said

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GotSmart

Reaction score
That he did not trust bankers.  They always look like they are ready to leave town.  :s

What words of wisdom were told to you?

"I don't know where we're going, but we're on our way!......... and making really good time too!"

Don't let your aligator mouth overload your hummingbird ass.

He also had a good friend, DR. Patrick Parenty (sp?) who became chairman of the board of the Eatontown National Bank in Eatontown NJ and embezzeled it into insolvency.
He went to jail a wealthy man..... it was a shock to us all!

Afterwards

My Dad told me that if one were to pursue a life of crime to work yourself up to the top of the management chain first and when you clean the company out, take it all! The punishment is the same.

Life is short, so have as much fun as you can.

His favorite saying was, "There's nothing done in the dark that doesn't come to the light."

He also said to me, son (he always called me son, cause I was so bright): "Be good. But if you can't be good, be careful. And if you can't be careful, name him after me."

Another thing he had a habit of saying that I never did quite figure out what he meant. Maybe someone here can explain it to me.

He's say, "You know what you don't often see? Bird poop in a cuckoo clock." Go figure

Chip

Mine taught me: its better to remain silent and be thought stupid than open your mouth and prove it.

And: Your word is your bond.

If I only knew then what I know now.
I asked him what he knew now and never got an answer.
Maybe he was thinking about the topic of having children?

"Its a good thing brain eating zombies aint real, cause there isn't enough in your head to cover a saltine cracker! they will starve to death!!!!" I will never forget him saying that to me.. I was 15... I'm 44 now, and I completely appreciate him saying that...

"Never sleep with anyone obviously crazier than you are!"

I figured that meant that I'd have a wide field to choose from.

Unfortunately, a whole lot of mother's apparently all told their daughters that too . . .

sushidog said:
Another thing he had a habit of saying that I never did quite figure out what he meant. Maybe someone here can explain it to me.

He's say, "You know what you don't often see? Bird poop in a cuckoo clock." Go figure

Just because it sounds like a cuckoo, does not mean it is real.  :s

I was always told that I would complain if I got kicked in the ass with a golden slipper.  

That sounded painfull to me, and I agreed with him.  That made him mad.   :huh:

Optimistic Paranoid said:
"Never sleep with anyone obviously crazier than you are!"

I figured that meant that I'd have a wide field to choose from.

Unfortunately, a whole lot of mother's apparently all told their daughters that too . . .

That would have saved me from a few bad marriages.  BUT ~~~The crazy ones were always a lot of fun!  :D

STOP F%#@ING MASTURBATING!

Another one he said that I now say is *shivers* "Its the principle of the matter!". I like the latter one better...

"If it smells like sh#t it probable is."

"Beware creeping fascism"

"If the sh*t is going down and you stay silent you are at least 50% responsible"

There is a reason the phrase "high crimes and misdemeanors " is in the constitution.

He was a wise man.

"Take a job, big or small. Do it right or not at all" (my dad)

Lofty ambition, hard to achieve, but always something to work toward.