SCREWED BY WALMART! I HATE WALMART!

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gr8ful

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Post about buying 2 Evercross H5 electric scooters $299ea from Walmart. I got a USPS tracking # & due today. They were shipped from RI on Tuesday but ended up in Oshkosh WI & today in Rhinelander WI at the top of the state. I called the local post office & was told it was a 3rd party scam from a Walmart supplier & happens often. She said the package weighs 2oz. I called Walmart & they said they'd investigate it. So my cash is tied up & looks like a big hassle. Nowhere on Walmarts ad did it say it was not shipping from a Walmartt warehouse so BE WARNED!

So, the next time someone offers you a solid gold watch for $5, what are you going to do?

Post about buying 2 Evercross H5 electric scooters $299ea from Walmart. I got a USPS tracking # & due today. They were shipped from RI on Tuesday but ended up in Oshkosh WI & today in Rhinelander WI at the top of the state. I called the local post office & was told it was a 3rd party scam from a Walmart supplier & happens often. She said the package weighs 2oz. I called Walmart & they said they'd investigate it. So my cash is tied up & looks like a big hassle. Nowhere on Walmarts ad did it say it was not shipping from a Walmartt warehouse so BE WARNED!
Why didn’t you just buy direct from Evercross?

Generally if I’m making a fairly large amount order I only buy direct from the manufacturer; if possible. Yeah sometimes it’s lil more expensive but I guess in this case and yes, others, is it?
Expense includes time, dollars, aggravation & frustration.

Actually, anytime I see a place like Walmart or other large store chain that doesn’t stock the item in store well it’s good info it’s not in their warehouse.

On the other hand, shit is always going to happen and sometimes it lands on me. It’s called Life. But I’ll never hate Walmart; are they perfect? Of course not but Walmart is one of the few places in Murahka that has gone way out of their way on a variety of levels to make a van dwellers Life more positive.

No; I’ll never hate Walmart
just me tho……
jonny boi

Yep...its an issue. I personally have been affected so I know how easy it is to buy something and end up getting taken.

Here is where the info about a 3rd party seller can be found on the page you sent:

Attachments

• evercross14-42-30.png
    evercross14-42-30.png
    120.9 KB · Views: 1
I saw that but Fulfilled by Walmart means shipped by walmart, right? It wasn't shipped by Evercross either.

But I got a receipt, a hard charge & a tracking # & a deliver date. I found out today from walmart ir was shipped from Appliances U.S.

My first attempt at buying bottles for maple syrup I ordered what I thought was a case. It was one stinking bottle.
Same Walmart something deal. I’ve never gone Walmart online again.

My late father went to the local Post Office and saw an unused leather mail bag, a canvas money bag and a steel cart with 10” steel wheels and 2” oak floor with a sign that said to fill out a form make a bid and they would notify you by mail if you won, so he bid 25 cents on the bag, 50 cents on the money bag and 5 dollars on the cart. He won all three bids and ask me to go get and pay for them which I agreed to as I figured it would be less than $10 in total including the gas I put in the truck. I got there to find he had over looked the “quantity” of items. He had purchased 50 mail bags, 20 money bags and 10 carts and would have to pay a penalty if not picked up in ten working days! The next ten days I spent hauling carts! Lol!!! I went in with him when he went to the Post Office after that.

I called on a Bridgeport mill with power feed & DRO for $325, He said i was 10th in line. I learned long ago to always ask "what else do you have" he said a complete working machine shop so I said I'd be interested in it all so I moved to 1st in line. His dad had passed 5 years before & he wanted the space for a woodshop. There were 28 machines set up & working & 28 more in the back room torn down to paint green, a big Monarch lathe tarped outside on a Bobcat trailer. I asked what he thought was fair, he said $1500 for all so I paid him & took The Bridgeport, there were 2. I called a guy who met me just when I got home who bought the BP mill for $1500 which was really cheap. I gave a lot away to friends.
Just got a notice from Walmart my 2 scooters were delivered, IDIOTS!

I saw that but Fulfilled by Walmart means shipped by walmart, right? It wasn't shipped by Evercross either.

'fulfilled by whoever' only means that you surf Business A website, and purchase Product A (costing $500) but you are paying Business B that $500 thru the Business A website, and you are trusting Business B to turn around and order Product A from Business A.

But what happened to me is that Business B ordered Product Z (worth $1.95) from Business A, and provided a random address to Business A in City D, and then Business A packs up Product Z, ships it out to City D and generates a shipping confirmation and tracking number for it, which proves they shipped it. Business B pays Business A the $1.95 and sends you a tracking number, and you see it delivered somewhere else, not yet realizing you have been scammed, and then Business B gets to deny the claim, telling you to take it up with Business A, and/or maybe the shipping company lost it, so put in a claim with them.

After a few days or weeks of generating a LOT of money very quickly, Business B gets booted by Business A, leaving the buyer and Business A ripped off. Meanwhile, Business B changes the name, the email address, and then relists on the same or other websites under a new name, perhaps Business C.

It's a HUGE problem affecting millions of people.

And Business A is just as much a victim as you and I are. (in my opinion they should STOP allowing third party vendors, but my opinion means NOTHING to billion dollar companies)

I recommend online buyers ALWAYS check the 'sold by' information.

Just got off a long chat with walmart who claims my refund will be issued 8 PM Sunday. Thanks for the education, I needed that!

So, the next time someone offers you a solid gold watch for $5, what are you going to do?
This is kind of it. I haven’t been able to find anyone selling an Evercross H5 for anywhere near 299$. Most prices are around 500 to 600$.

It doesn’t excuse the criminal act or make the victim any less of a victim but the one thing a scammer and a scammee have in common is they both generally lookin for something for nothing. When they meet the scammee generally loses.

The old adage If it sounds too good to be true ; it prolly is.

Sayin
jonny boi

They've made the H5 for several years so $239 off wasn't out of the question. I didn't think Walmart would cheat me even if I never liked them. But it will work out OK.

Huh! I didn't know this was so common. I got ripped off by a third party seller also, but for very little money. It was for a 8 pack of bar soap. Guess I was lucky. I did track down the address for the seller and it was a high class apartment complex in, maybe California? Then they disappeared as a seller.

I have the USPS tracking so I think it's Mail Fraud! Walmart says I'll get my refund Sun night as they had to give them 48 hours. They should vet their suppliers better IMHO.

While googling for portable griddles, I ran across this one:

https://usence.com/ (which LOOKS like wayfair and is an 'iffy' website)

https://malwaretips.com/blogs/usence-com/ (which is a safe website to look at the 'iffy' one)

Those Blackstone BBQ grilles that normally sell for hundreds of dollars are not really $69. But if a person was looking for a great deal on one, they might fall for it.

Be careful out there, as always.

Attachments

• Screenshot from 2024-03-23 21-05-31.png
    Screenshot from 2024-03-23 21-05-31.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 0