My Daddy Always Said

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What in the hell were you thinking?
Please tell me you were thinking.  
What possible reason would you have.~~~ You must not have been thinking, because if you thought about this Im gonna kill you.  

I had cut school and went looking at new sports cars with a couple of girls.  :D

That was the first time I walked out on an ass chewing.  I could not keep a straight face, and if I started laughing at him ~~~

As I was leaving the house, I heard both him and my mother lose it laughing.  

I was thinking that I was not going to get into any real trouble.   :cool: That's what I was thinking!  :p

Nobody ever promised you life would be fair.

Do the right thing even if nobody else is, you have to live with the face in your mirror.

When daddy was ready for the kids to go outside and play.  He would always say "don't let the door knob hit you in the butt"

Actually he said Ass.   Might be part of the reason I like being outside so much.

"Keep your powder dry." Still says it every time he's ready to hang up.

I heard this one until I moved out.

You would complain about being hung with a new rope.

Who wouldn’t? New ropes (old style) are rough and who wants to be hung? I put that with his golden slipper saying. One he probably was really drunk when he first heard it.

That he did not trust bankers. They always look like they are ready to leave town. :s

What words of wisdom were told to yo
this ain't wisdom in my personal eyes as I made tons of money thru investments!!! ugh on that post truly but I get ya on it.......one if a financial person or one is not, but the 'times' come into play for sure. There are 0 financial times as we seem to be in yet again yet I am still making good bank from dodging and weaving cause my financials are an important issue to me for future and what I leave to the kiddo, but then again, I kinda like money LOL Money in a can or money in the mattress to keep from losing it sure thru horrible times, but duh, there were very prosper times to make big bank when one could if one knew the financials....I did just that :) OK not saying bad but not 'really wisdom' if ya ask me for a personal quote on it. Never sayin' the times and all people on financials are the same thoughts on it, I get that, but that is what shines the big gainers vs. those ok yet to wanna just moan that others do better without the work..............again just a personal opinion on it and that is just what I see........those who work for 'ANY issue, be it financial or spiritual or environmental support or charity or ANY cause' finds way more truths. Not some one line saying never trust a banker LOL but again, that is just me sayin it as I see it...............old post but yeh just thoughts.

I don't even find money can't buy happiness cause it kinda can...thru medical to pay and have when one needs personal big intervention to afford what saves your life. Health is life and while it can't buy true health it can buy one a hell of alot of better time on this planet.

What makes most sense to me against 'one liners' is be smart. Be not truly dumb thru what life is and ya got a chance :) :) This is such a personal truly individual game we walk so I see so many tons of shades of gray that make those one liners kinda useless, but darn they give us a good start smart in 'our own thinking' to combat.

I go by something like this which many won't even fathom to handle:

Knowing yourself is the beginning of all wisdom.”

I go by something like this which many won't even fathom to handle:

Knowing yourself is the beginning of all wisdom.”
That quote goes back to recorded history. Almost every philosopher wrote much on that subject.

That is the basis for an argument with the members here who you just dismissed as not being able to handle abstract thinking.

Lao Tsu said:
Knowing yourself is true wisdom. Mastering others is strength. Mastering yourself is true power.

My daddy always asked, Are you sure you want to die on this hill?

if your daddy did not 'trust' what financials and how to make money in his day then he was one off on what it takes to do just that.

now I say that respectfully in that not everyone wants to play the game and life and money is the damnest biggest darn game on the entire global planet as US humans set it up now as it comes at us....but there is still is no wisdom in don't trust a banker cause IF ONE puts in the work, one 'can survive' on their terms with knowledge as it goes down for them as they want. That is a personal choice.

one wisdom one liner comes to mind............death and taxes. Yea that is for ALL and many cant ever get 0 death or never pay a tax on this planet LOL

OK, cheating a bit, not my personal background, but ... I went to the University of Hawaii, where it was sometimes said:

A’ole pau ka ‘ike i ka halau ho‘okahi.
Not all knowledge is learned in one school.

I always liked that.

“’A’ohe pau ka ‘ike i ka halau ho’okahi” Not all knowledge is learned in one house.

yea duh LOL SO agree!!
which is why 'our times we lived' and times to 'maybe come' are SO NOT guaranteed! Ever................again be smart in your time or not.................we learn tons thru family but I also learned to F family on my way forward as I saw fit and I worked for me and I smile, gonna gone big bad but I trusted me to learn more than in 'one's household for sure.

just a chat shows how one is held down thru the years for sure but I SEE this next gen way ahead of us but I will never say they are lacking aganst history in a way

crapshoot to come. yea all gens said that for the next gens to direct life. :)

My dad took us on hunting trips and would leave me (only girl) in the cabin cuz I was too little. I'd cry it was boring..
If you can't stand your own company a couple days, imagine how other folks feel around you.

A few of my dad's sayings:

Love many, trust few and paddle your own canoe.

If wishes were kisses the whole world would be a hickey.

It's the little things that get you and put you on a rack...you can sit upon a mountain but not upon a tack.

If you take care of the little things the big things will take care of themselves.

Today is tomorrow from yesterday.

A few of my own sayings:

If you want to find the person that can change your situation, all you have to do is look in a mirror.

If you don't want to be like where you're from, don't act like where you're from.

Time only moves forward.